Sponsored

What grease are you all using on your suspension joints?

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
Need to add some into my trackbar joint and wondering what everyone is using.

Second part... if I don't know what my installer used up front does it matter about synthetic or not, is it a problem like engine oil or not?
Sponsored

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Clayton uses a Johnny Joint on one end. Currie sells a “moly grease” specifically for their Johnny Joints. There’s probably something generic that is comparable.

19E8FAFF-3C75-4BB1-ADB5-55C25BEC3C6F.jpeg

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
I've always used marine grease, of course when you have a boat around you have that around.

Sponsored

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
https://www.schaefferoil.com/greases.html

Now that you mention Johnny greases, this is what is readily available on Amazon. Thinking 221 is probably the best for this as it is for auto wheel bearings this but unsure.

Or just regular old Valvoline
I don’t totally understand grease compatibility, but do know that some aren’t to be mixed, and some joints require a certain thickness of grease. My Rock Krawler track bar uses 000 grease, which is very thin.

AmishMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 56 Coronet, 65 Dune Buggy,
Occupation
Whipping boy
You can't go wrong with Scheaffer. Yes they are expensive, yes I think that they are worth it; even with our vehicles using 18-28 qts. per oil change.
I have always been a fan of higher end lubes. As long as you pick a brand name and do proper maintenance, then you will be fine. If you are not positive that you will actually perform the proper maintenance then step up to a premium lube.
You know 'Pay me now or Pay me later', I am not going to argue the different economical viewpoints. To me it is about the reliability and downtime. That is what you can't get back.-but I digress.

OP
OP
j.o.y.ride

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
Clayton uses a Johnny Joint on one end. Currie sells a “moly grease” specifically for their Johnny Joints. There’s probably something generic that is comparable.

Jeep Gladiator What grease are you all using on your suspension joints? 19E8FAFF-3C75-4BB1-ADB5-55C25BEC3C6F
Clayton confirmed they use this
Sponsored