Sponsored

What I wish my Gladiator had.

DirtySaylor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
I wouldn't have bought this thing had I known they didn't offer keyless entry standard. Coming from owning several BMW's I guess i'm just spoiled. But it makes a difference when you are in the dark fumbling for your key.
Sponsored

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU Rubicon HR, 2017 Cherokee, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Retired Peace Officer
I wouldn't have bought this thing had I known they didn't offer keyless entry standard. Coming from owning several BMW's I guess i'm just spoiled. But it makes a difference when you are in the dark fumbling for your key.
Hmmmmm, spending $50K on a vehicle but not looking at features and available options. :lipssealed:

Keyless entry is an option, not cheap but an option along with remote start which also isn't cheap.

I'm going to order my diesel JTR as soon as they come out with final colors. Not happy with what they offer now. I've picked my options and getting everything but leather, smokers group, adaptive speed control and accident avoidance. I like the accident avoidance on my DD, 2020 Chrysler Pacifica but just not sure about it on a JT.

Artsifrtsi

First Name
Jude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2005 Wrangler X
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Resident Pompous A-Hole
1. I have seen this a few times... the key! It is almost 3x the size of my wife's (Grand Cherokee). Honestly it's just a hassle. With a key this large, either keyless entry should be standard or downsize the key. It's a hassle sometimes grabbing it out of my pocket. My solution was to purchase a carabiner and wear it on my side.

2. Auto-brights. This is nit-picking honestly. Just a feature I've grown used too with my wife's vehicle.

3. Rain sensing/sensitive wipers. Again, another nit-picking feature. Honestly don't see why this wasn't brought over from other Jeeps. It's a convenient feature to have.

4. Power sliding window. I think we can all agree on that.

5. I know it's a truck but the bed is a scratch magnet. I'm pretty sure if you look at it hard enough it'll scratch. Because of this, for the price, I think the Jeep should come with the spray in bed liner. I already have my LineX appointment scheduled, though I think this would be a great included feature.
1. Meh, I only carry my Jeep Key, house is on passcode. Any other keys I need, I keep where they are used until I need them.
2. Auto brights are nice, but more annoying than anything. I had them in my 2017 GMC Sierra Denali... they'd trigger for reflectors on the road.
3. I think speed sensitive wipers would be better... I can usually tell when wipers are needed.
4. Do you really want to compound the amount of wires going to the top, and also add more wieght to the top? People have enough issue not bending the door connectors...
5. Sprayed in liner is a factory option. My O'land has it, it's great!

This is another small complaint, but how about a “capless” gas tank like what’s on my Grand Cherokee and RAM truck.
I don't want to have to clean up gas spills while I'm out on the trail. After the Anti-tip valve issues that Jeep had with the TJ and the JK (sticking shut or open due to swelling from Ethanol), the cap is what will keep the gas in.

Now, what I can really see as an improvement, is Military styled Amphenol connectors for the doors, and the top. They are much more difficult to bend pins in, and if they were able to get the pinless connectors to work (think of the handset of a SINGARS) then zero chance of pins bending/breaking...

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
I keep my fob in a Gibson Leather holster on my belt. I can readily feel the top button to unlock. No fumbling.

booneja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport (hers) and Overland (His)
Occupation
RCAF Veteran/ Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
The issue with a roll down window would be how do you integrate it with a soft top. If the gladiator was a hard top or fixed top only vehicle it would be easy, every one would get one. With the soft aspect, what do you do, make two different cabs? What about dual top buyers.

I like the idea, my heart is with you on that tiny window. My old J20 had a twin sliding unit that allowed you to open up nearly half the window and with wind wings it made not having AC bearable.
You could still have the down slide window but integrate an electrical connection to top that unless connected the widow will not operate (up or down). So: roll it down; disconnect electrical, remove hard top, install soft top with normal soft top rear window and no issues. When you want to revert back to hard top, just reverse the procedure.....I should be a jeep engineer, lol

Sponsored

fun2drum

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Mine has pretty much what I want, but I do wish it had come with LED lights all around. In hindsight I might would have paid more for one with that, but this Gator (my favorite color of all) was on the lot with all the other boxes checked and the dealer was dealin'.

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
You could still have the down slide window but integrate an electrical connection to top that unless connected the widow will not operate (up or down). So: roll it down; disconnect electrical, remove hard top, install soft top with normal soft top rear window and no issues. When you want to revert back to hard top, just reverse the procedure.....I should be a jeep engineer, lol
Connection is already there for the rear window defrost on hardtop. If the JT had a roll down rear window I would hope they integrated that into the soft top so you didn’t need a soft top rear window. It would also eliminate the need for a connector to the hard top for defroster or window operation - it would all be within the cab.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver

Artsifrtsi

First Name
Jude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2005 Wrangler X
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Resident Pompous A-Hole
Connection is already there for the rear window defrost on hardtop. If the JT had a roll down rear window I would hope they integrated that into the soft top so you didn’t need a soft top rear window. It would also eliminate the need for a connector to the hard top for defroster or window operation - it would all be within the cab.
You'd need the cab about 4 inches longer to accommodate the electronics and mechanicals for such window, THEN you'd need to figure out where to relocate the cabin vents... The window would need to be framed, and that frame would either need to move with the glass, or be fixed in an upright position to guide the glass...

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
You'd need the cab about 4 inches longer to accommodate the electronics and mechanicals for such window, THEN you'd need to figure out where to relocate the cabin vents... The window would need to be framed, and that frame would either need to move with the glass, or be fixed in an upright position to guide the glass...
That’s why engineers make the big bucks!

Sponsored

Shackleton

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi Gladiator Sport S Max Tow, Camry
it would be a great feature. They have these windows in the crew max tundra. I’m surprised more mfg haven’t done this to be honest. I remember as a kid I think the full size Blazer had a rear power window. Oh well. This would be one thing that would get me to upgrade early if it comes out in the next couple of years

Shackleton

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi Gladiator Sport S Max Tow, Camry
Good point

booneja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport (hers) and Overland (His)
Occupation
RCAF Veteran/ Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
it would be a great feature. They have these windows in the crew max tundra. I’m surprised more mfg haven’t done this to be honest. I remember as a kid I think the full size Blazer had a rear power window. Oh well. This would be one thing that would get me to upgrade early if it comes out in the next couple of years
we had an old station wagon that had this feature, and rear facing seats in the back

satfico

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
I agree with all of Bama’s ideas. Also:

1. The Aux switches should be standard
2. In addition to heated seats, cooling seats should be offered
3. The tonneau cover should lock

The damn key fob has another annoying habit of popping open and stabbing my leg.
The Tonneau cover locks after the rear hatch is shut.

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation