Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepgladiatorforum.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator Launch Edition 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2017 Ram Rebel
Vehicle Showcase
How about 50 caliber machine guns that come up out of the bed to get the jerk ridding your ass in traffic to back off

GLADY8R

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
USPS Maintenance Electronic Technician
I agree with all of Bama’s ideas. Also:

1. The Aux switches should be standard
2. In addition to heated seats, cooling seats should be offered
3. The tonneau cover should lock

The damn key fob has another annoying habit of popping open and stabbing my leg.
I used a small wire tie to wedge the key in the slot so it would not pop out unintentionally, if/when I need it I can use my pocket knife or even a toothpick to deploy it from it's resting place.
I hope this helps everyone with the stabbing issue.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
No FOB problem here. Can even lock it in the holster if I need to give it to someone like parking valet, etc. so they can't pull it out and use the key on the console or whatever.

Funny thing - I wanted the aux switches after I got the truck - thought hey, those are cool......... but a year later I still don't have them and wonder - what would I need them for? I suppose I might come up with a need later, but so far, nothing.

I'd rather not lock the tonneau cover - if it's locked they'll just knife it to see what's in there. And if it's empty, it's a knifed cover for no reason at all. If someone wants in, they'll get in.

Jeep Gladiator What I wish my Gladiator had. fob-holster

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
1. Working trailer brake controller
2. Proximity open for the TAILGATE
3. Dead pedal
4. front seats to fold flat with rear bench

Aside from that Hemi and 35s from the factory or at least some 8inch or wider rims. It's annoying you have to buy new rims to go up to a 35x12.5

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
1. Working trailer brake controller
2. Proximity open for the TAILGATE
3. Dead pedal
4. front seats to fold flat with rear bench

Aside from that Hemi and 35s from the factory or at least some 8inch or wider rims. It's annoying you have to buy new rims to go up to a 35x12.5
1. yup, same here
2. same here
3. Yes, undecided which to get with that wonky brake controller up there where some attach to.
4. Oh, you mean like Rambler station wagons of the early 60s had?
That would be cool.
I still have a pair of NOS brackets that the front seats laid back on to convert the inside of the car to a big bed.

JeepFam

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
His: 2020 Gladiator, 2004 Wrangler X; Hers: 2004 Liberty
You can DIY the proximity option.
Shout out to Gatorized for the reference to DIY passive entry upgrade. I finally got around to doing that myself and it worked perfectly. Couldn't be happier!

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU Rubicon HR, 2017 Cherokee, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Retired Peace Officer
No FOB problem here. Can even lock it in the holster if I need to give it to someone like parking valet, etc. so they can't pull it out and use the key on the console or whatever.

Funny thing - I wanted the aux switches after I got the truck - thought hey, those are cool......... but a year later I still don't have them and wonder - what would I need them for? I suppose I might come up with a need later, but so far, nothing.

I'd rather not lock the tonneau cover - if it's locked they'll just knife it to see what's in there. And if it's empty, it's a knifed cover for no reason at all. If someone wants in, they'll get in.

Jeep Gladiator What I wish my Gladiator had. fob-holster
Where did you get that Fob holder ?

Sponsored

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU Rubicon HR, 2017 Cherokee, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Retired Peace Officer
it would be a great feature. They have these windows in the crew max tundra. I’m surprised more mfg haven’t done this to be honest. I remember as a kid I think the full size Blazer had a rear power window. Oh well. This would be one thing that would get me to upgrade early if it comes out in the next couple of years
You seem to forget your Tundra and most if not all trucks with a rear power widow do not have removable roofs. You have to give up something to get that removable roof.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Where did you get that Fob holder ?
From a forum member. There was another one for sale a couple of months back in the member sale area. I can't recall who makes 'em but I love mine and I never have a fob in my pocket and the key can't swing out.
When I leave the house I grab it from where I keep it stowed, clip it on my belt loop and when I get back home, unhook and stash it again.
I have passive entry now but if I didn't or need to unlock the tail gate first (like shopping for cat litter or cat food) as I walk toward the truck, I reach down and push the unlock button. Muscle memory tells me which button.

booneja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport (hers) and Overland (His)
Occupation
RCAF Veteran/ Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I tried looing at all the posts here and I do not think it has been suggested yet, but maybe a split tailgate, like the new Ram's have where it opens like a set of french doors. This would allow further reach inside the bed without having to reach over the tailgate, but also allowing a normal tailgate use. Ingenious.....you could have a normal tailgate and use it like a JK/JL tailgate and have a table built in, mount tires and other accessories and not ahve to get the super expensive swinging tire mount rear bumper....just sayin...Jeep are you listening, lmao....

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I tried looing at all the posts here and I do not think it has been suggested yet, but maybe a split tailgate, like the new Ram's have where it opens like a set of french doors. This would allow further reach inside the bed without having to reach over the tailgate, but also allowing a normal tailgate use. Ingenious.....you could have a normal tailgate and use it like a JK/JL tailgate and have a table built in, mount tires and other accessories and not ahve to get the super expensive swinging tire mount rear bumper....just sayin...Jeep are you listening, lmao....
Wooo - you think they are pricey now LOL.
The walls of the JT are so low, the tailgate so short.......... I've kept a long hooked rod in my Chevy as it was impossible to reach over the side of the bed and the tailgate really stuck out. That's a truck I wish had the fancy tailgate.
I wonder what those tailgates weigh?

Good luck with your wish - these are not likely used like the other trucks where it matters. These are more "occasional trucks, always Jeeps".

Dqban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator overland
Occupation
APRN
4 piece freedom panels. Take the two pieces from the front and two pieces from the back...Leave the wrap around lower portion kind of like a monk.
Sponsored