Sponsored

What is an unpopular opinion you have in the Jeep community?

cafecito

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave, Granite Crystal
Occupation
Corporate Tool
I would have a difficult time owning a vehicle with paint called Snazberry. Sorry.
I mean, it's the exact same color as the Octane Red on Challengers and Chargers. Does that sound better?

That's like saying you prefer the v6 over a 392 because the name Pentastar sounds cooler than Hemi.
Sponsored

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
I hate the Jeep Wave, but only because nobody ever waves at me in my SJ, only in my JT 😢
Sometimes you have to wave first.

Sponsored

finallygotajeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Maybe the Rivian. The Cybertruck is far too weird, and will be far too expensive for many of us. My JT is on the low side of cost. I can't afford whatever Elon is going to charge for the cybertruck. Plus, I bought the gladiator largely because it's a convertible. I'm waiting on a jeep electric or an electric convertible of any sort. The original Tesla Roadster was a convertible, then no mainstream electric convertibles since.
I’d never buy anything Elon sells. He’s a jerk.

Also agree with the convertible statement. Love having a convertible truck.

finallygotajeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
YJ's are cool. My friend at work says its square headlights 'not a real jeep' or that a JKU or JLU isnt a real jeep bc its a four door.

the Gatekeeping is trash when it comes to Jeeps.
I sometimes joke and say those are JINOs. Jeep in name only.

Sponsored

The Duck of Earl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In flux
I am not very enthusiastic about the 'wave'.

Tough to say where I will settle-in, but I am generally grumpy, in a hurry, and generally believe that most other drivers are idiots, so I am somewhat doubtful I will be cheerfully making extra effort to move my attention away from the task at hand (actually driving) to make eye contact with some random person and waive to them.

My parents had a JK while I was in high-school and back from college that they would allow me to borrow from time-to-time (suckers still on the road, due to that sweet lifetime warranty they got at the time), and I do not remember the 'wave' being such a big deal back then.

ALVagabond

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR "Praetorian"
Unpopular opinions:

Max Tow isn't special. Jeep doesn't even think it's worthy of its own badge or decal.

Manual transmissions are antiquated. Move them to the automotive scrap heap of history.

Sting Gray is boring and over done. Retire it and replace it with something more interesting.

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
Manual transmissions are antiquated. Move them to the automotive scrap heap of history.
It'll happen soon enough. With the internal combustion engine, and all transmissions (electric is usually direct drive). Until then, I'm going to enjoy my antiquated gasoline powered manual transmission vehicle. My next jeep will hopefully be shiftless and single speed (and fully electric). That'll hopefully be 8-9 years from now for me, which gives me a little while more to row gears.
Sponsored