Sponsored

What is everyone using to deflate / inflate their tires?

wchevron

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2020 JLU
Grit performance tire pressure gauge/deflator and a knockoff 12v Smittybilt 2781.

I was using a Ryobi cordless inflator but it was taking about 15 min a tire to get from 20-35 psi. Stock 33's. With the knockoff Smittybilt i'm at 3-4 min a tire.
Sponsored

99ls1tj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4XE
Occupation
machinist
On a budget so Real 4x4 brass deflator Amazon $35, Kobalt inflator $80 at Lowe’s. Both work great for me.
FF05E714-4963-45DC-80DC-E9B73E26B6F4.png
1DF6EE68-F5A4-4032-8F9D-A37ECB05E99B.png
410FE0AD-3B85-4224-B96F-28AE33064360.jpeg
I bought that set of deflators, but I haven't tried them out yet. Do you like them?

OP
OP
Phishs

Phishs

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 JTM, 21 JTR (traded)
Sorry for the noob question, but what are the situations when airing down is needed? Some people I know never do and some do it every time so kinda confused on when I can get by without doing it. Maybe depends on the difficulty of the trails or rocks, etc.

molevich

First Name
Andrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Willys, 21 Indian Scout
Occupation
Management
Sorry for the noob question, but what are the situations when airing down is needed? Some people I know never do and some do it every time so kinda confused on when I can get by without doing it. Maybe depends on the difficulty of the trails or rocks, etc.
Better ride comfort on washboards. It definitely makes a big difference. Also, for offroading airing down gives you better traction since the contact area between tire and road is bigger.

Edit:
A third reason for airing down is that it smoothes a ride which also decreases wear and tear on components and chances for cracking on bending a wheel.

Sponsored

JoseQ_80

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport 80th Anniversary Bright White
Occupation
Highway Engineer
Pros: As mentioned above, better traction, more comfort for people in the vehicle, easier on the equipment.

Cons: Loss of ground clearance.
$ to $$$$$.

Last edited:

JoseQ_80

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport 80th Anniversary Bright White
Occupation
Highway Engineer
It's not just going off road where it is beneficial, airing down for snow can also be a good idea, depending on the snow conditions.

So, the investment in a good air compressor can yield yearlong benefits. (that's what you tell the other half)

OP
OP
Phishs

Phishs

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 JTM, 21 JTR (traded)
Pros: As mentioned above, better traction, more comfort for people in the vehicle, easier on the equipment.

Cons: Loss of ground clearance.

Thanks for the link. Ali makes good vids.

TJRjeepn

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Gator, 2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2011 Buick Enclave, 2009 Chevy Malibu
Occupation
Account Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I bought that set of deflators, but I haven't tried them out yet. Do you like them?
So far they’ve worked out pretty good. I need to tweak them some more to get them all a little more accurate. My goal is to get them to to all air down to 17psi. After a couple of uses they range from 14-20 but again that’s on me for not setting them correctly the first time I tried to them.

Radio Guy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Retired Broadcast Engineer
https://www.speedflate.com/shop/p/speedflate-4x.
can do four tires at one time. Works great. I use it with a co2 tank to inflate. By itself to deflate
I got a 4 tire Speedflate recently and use it with a $60 dual piston 12V compressor I got off eBay. The setup works fantastic for airing all tires down to precisely the same psi then airing up later. The quality and workmanship are first rate on the Speedflate. Hey, that rhymes!

Sponsored

Aberk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Viper, 2020 Rubicon JT
Biggest argument for me is smoothing out the ride. I air down when it is completely unnecessary, but it makes the ride so much better and my air system is pretty quick at getting me back to asphalt PSI.

#HuckleberryJeep

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.flowcode.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT 5.7 Hemi, '21 JLUR 392, '84 CJ7, '69 CJ5
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Realtor

Gazingwa

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Finance
Teraflex ez-tire deflator kit with gauge. Then Milwaukee 18v 150psi 2gallon compressor. About 3-4 mins per tire to get back to 37psi. Not purpose built for Jeep, but I already had lots of Milwaukee m18 batteries, and it’ll reinflate several times on the same battery. I can also then use it for other things. Very happy with setup. I also use a lowes inline inflation gauge.
What size tires? I’m looking at getting the same compressor. Thanks

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
What size tires? I’m looking at getting the same compressor. Thanks
It’s currently on the falken 33’s, but putting 37’s on next month. It’ll take slightly longer, but expect to still be very happy with it, as it’s a tool I also use for other things. It was nice to be able to help another jeeper air up when I was done recently. Just walked it over to his Jeep. I have a 12amp m18, and have done 4 tires three times, and still had 50% battery left. When gone for several days, I bring a second smaller m18 just in case, but have yet to need it.
Sponsored