Sponsored

What is the best winch for my Jeep Gladiator 2020? Winch installation and Warranty.

Panthers65

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Occupation
Account Manager
Best winch is going to be a warm, they are top of the line and there is a reason every comp team and serious overlander runs them.

im not running a warm, I picked up a cheaper xbull because I know what I plan on using the Jeep for and where/how I plan to wheel. The days of my extreme crawling/climbing are over, my life will never depend on the winch working, Iā€™ll never be in a huge hurry to get out, whenever Iā€™m by myself itā€™ll likely be basic service roads and what-not.

If you plan on putting yourself in situations where you will absolutely need your winch, or a winch failure could cost you seriously (financially or otherwise), or if you just want the best of everything, get a warm.
Sponsored

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Project Manager
I'm not much of a fan of Warn, Smittybuilt is ok as long as you don't have problems. I had a Warn on my Rebel, and 2500 Laramie as well as a Smittybuilt on my 2500 all sitting on Addictive Desert Designs bumpers. Just got my JT and bought both a Badlands and a Steglodon. I have the Steglodon 13k T3 mounted on a Rough Country bumper and used it Saturday and was extremely impressed. Will it last? We shall see.

blau iii

First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 335i, 2014 X5, 2021 JTR
Build Thread
Link
I was going to go with Warn VR10 but couldn't pass up the rebate from QUadratec on the Superwinch SX12 with synthetic rope. I have played with it a few times and am pretty happy with it.

IMG_7255.jpg

rharr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTRD 3" RKK lift, (former) 95 XJ 5sp 8" lift
it is a curious question how one company can charge 1k for a winch and another 400 bucks. Especially now that warn has moved a lot of their product line over seas. It's hard to find a American made winch now.

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
it is a curious question how one company can charge 1k for a winch and another 400 bucks. Especially now that warn has moved a lot of their product line over seas. It's hard to find a American made winch now.
Warn Zeon, and M series I believe is still made in the states. I had the M15000 on my Power Wagon.

CerOf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 JTRD
The quality and components arenā€™t the same.

The badlands has a plastic cover over the copper links from the wires to the motor. I saw a review by ā€œwrangler starā€ on Facebook where his melted and started smoking.

he said, essentially, that he liked it, but couldnā€™t trust it. He makes a comment of why skimp on a really expensive vehicle? If it can smoke, it can catch fire.

The components used to make Warns are better.
Sponsored