First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro blue Jt 2012 Gecko green Jk 2021 Gecko
Occupation
Car dealer
Hey Y'all, I need some help. I am thinking of lifting my Gladiator Texas Trail edition but I am a newb to lifting vehicles and getting some conflicting advice. I have spoken with two different shops. I don't commute to work but I do use it as a daily driver for all other things. My off-roading style is mostly overlanding and I do not intend on doing any rock crawling.

Shop 1 suggested a 4.5" TeraFelx lift with fox shocks and stabilizer. 37" x 12.5" tires on my stock rims. They insist I do not need a regear but I am insisting on a regear from my 3.73 to 4.88.

Shop2 suggested a 3.5" rough country lift that includes upgraded shocks. 37" x 12.5" tires on new 17" wheels with a -12 offset. They suggested a regear to 4.88 and brackets to correct the control arm geometry.

So my questions is two fold. Of the two scenarios above which one sounds like the better advice? Should I be going with a larger lift and 37" tires or given my daily and off-roading style does it make more sense to go with a smaller lift and 35" tires?
Hey there i have lifted lots of Jeeps over the years im a used car dealer so we do lift a dozen or so every year i personally would suggest the Mopar 2.5 inch lift its comparable in price a rides like a dream good flex and great warranty? I ran 35 on my Jt diesel for awhile just changed up to 37's very little rub and not much power difference but mine is a diesel hope that helps!

DevilDog0321

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GMC Sierra 6” lift on 35’s 2018 JLU Rubicon on 37’s
There is a reason rough country are the cheapest lifts out there save yourself a headache and spend a little more money and get a good lift
Rc is cheap junk

Sponsored

Bucephalus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator/ 20 AMG GLB 35/ 02 Ranger/ 06 BMW M3
Occupation
Laboratory and Medical Supplies
Go With a Clayton Lift. You can upgrade little buy little with their kits. They are well made and provide great customer service. You can use fox shocks but i'd go with Falcon.

Wheelin98TJ

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Bean Counter
Go With a Clayton Lift. You can upgrade little buy little with their kits. They are well made and provide great customer service. You can use fox shocks but i'd go with Falcon.
Agreed.

I think the Clayton 2.5" Ride Right is the best value for the money right now.

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
You will get many different answers, Mopar is a decent, reasonable priced,
simple lift made by the same company that makes the JT so it is made with the same engineering and quality standards. There is a huge thread dedicated just to the Mopar lift, lots of good info there.

Uparms

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT, 2020 JT, 72 CJ5,2005 LJ, 2002 TJ, 92 YJ
Vehicle Showcase
AEV 2.5 with 35s, skip the regear.

Uparms

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT, 2020 JT, 72 CJ5,2005 LJ, 2002 TJ, 92 YJ
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Slyboots2313

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
That’s a reasonable budget. You could probably do a Metalcloak 3.5” True Dual or Clayton 3.5” Ride Right kit with shocks, installed, for between $3,500-$4,000. From there, $2,000 for gears, $3,000 for tires/wheels, and you have $1,500 left for a bumper and winch. You could save a little by going with the Mopar lift.
Or if you’re even mildly handy you can cut that price in half and install it yourself with basic tools. I installed my Metalcloak True Dual Rate by myself in my driveway and it was my first major DIY suspension projects. Love it.

As for the gearing, why not drive it first and see what you’re working with before deciding on what ratio you want. It’s going to depend on where you live, how heavy your tires are, and how you drive. I have 37” BFG KO2s and 3.73 gears that honestly aren’t bad at all. Im not a lead foot and the power always seems to be there when I need it. 4.88 and definite 5.13 might be too much for you. If your lift and tire choice isn’t one-size-fits-all, why is your gear choice? My $.02

Koolcarguy

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro blue Jt 2012 Gecko green Jk 2021 Gecko
Occupation
Car dealer
Another vote for the Mopar 2” lift with maybe 35”s. As you don’t intend to rock crawl, and this is your daily, this would serve your needs. I’m on a stock Rubicon (33”s) built for overlanding and its more than adequate for me. Now, if its about aesthetics, go with whatever your budget allows (upfront for lift and tires, and long term for possible regear, fuel due to drop in mpg, etc).
I ordered the Mopar lift yesterday. They said it will be 7 to 10 business days. I am thinking about going with 37s though. This will probably require removing the fender flare liner but that doesn't look too difficult. I am also going to install a spacer up front to level things out a bit.
[/QUOTE]
I did mopar lift and 1 inch spacer up front on my Ht diesel no other mods needed to run 37's on my Sports S my Rubi Diesel Jt i can run 37's stock but a little rub going in for mopar lift on it next week!! Plus the box it came in made a cool tox box for my grandson!!

Helryd68

First Name
Erick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Rubicon(totaled), 2022 Sport S Diesel
I completely agree with this. This is a very reputable shop in my area but I could not believe they were saying no regear and stock wheels. They also just quoted me $3400 to go regear to 4.88. That's $1000 higher then another quote I have and I thought that other one was high.

In regards to the Rough Country, I already know I don't want to go with them.

Everything I have read says that for 37s you will need to go with a 3" or higher. I am thinking 3.5 might me the sweet spot.

No those are certainly not my only two options but what the two shops recommended. My plan is to research and take advice here and then choose what shop I want to go go and dictate what I want. My current budget is around $10k but that has to do the lift, regear, tires and wheels. I also would like to do a bumper and winch if I have enough leftover.
Get in touch with Exodus Jeep in Texas (Bubba). They are very informative and honest. I am driving down there from Tennessee to have them do my re-gearing.

Dougstdig

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD - '08 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4
So the first question is what size tires? Then you lift only as much as needed to fit them (unless you just want to be sky high because you want to be tall then you do you). Honestly with the gladiator fenders being so big even a 2 inch coil lift (not spacer) will get you 37s fairly easily so I'd not be going that tall.

Realistically I would just start researching lift kits, there is not much to it on an sfa so really just look at all the basic parts and what they do and then decide what you want. Reputable companies like AEV, Evo, Clayton or metalcloak all have complete lifts you can check out and see what parts they come with.

Also yes, if you have 3.73s go at least 4.88 if not 5.13 if you are going to 37s.
I don’t think it has the high line flares. The Texas trail edition is based on the sport. Not sure the 2 inch lift would allow 37’s on standard sport flares

Dougstdig

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD - '08 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4
I'm looking to do the roughly the same thing here, put 37's under my JTR. I'm no longer a rockcrawler, but I live near the trails in Ouray and Moab and I'm planning a 2022 trip up into the Canadian Rockies with family.

4.5" of any lift on a JT is very high. Rough Country, as others have said do your own research and back your research up.

A 20+ year friend (who I wheel with frequently) owns a large and old 4x4 shop is steering me towards the AEV Dual Sport lift for the big reasons of, from ride quality and high quality components (they aslo sell Teraflex, Icon and several other brands of lift's). There is while unspoken but the reality of he will be less likely to hear me complain on the trails. As a side note the sales manager of this shop runs the AEV DS lift on his LJ with 37's and he let me take that rig for an afternoon test drive. While the LJ is not a JT the test drive did give me some in sites to the characteristics of the DS lift and the handling very, very similar to how my JTR handles. Still undecided on wheels but leaning to either the AEV Dual Sport's or the TeraFlex Nomad deluxe. Outside chance of the MOPAR beadlock capable wheels.

Hope this helps.
One thing to note on the Mopar Bead lock capable wheels. The ring bolts complete head ride on top of the bead…not counter sunk. The bolts may be the very first thing to get boogered up. The other Jeep performance parts wheels seem interesting though. 17x8.5 at a +12 or +15 makes it a 5.22 backspacing. This will give you a bit more width, but keep the scrub radius down and keep a lot of the crud off the side of your rig. Look up Trail Recon’s red JL diesel. Looks just about perfect.
Sponsored