Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Gladiator Rubicon, BMW R1150R, hm built Chopper
Occupation
Alarm Tech
What are the most common?
My Gladdy is 4 months old, I am still putting together its own tool kit. I picked up a tool bag from Harbor Freight. Ill have to go look, and get back to you.

Just from memory: I have a #10 and #12 ratchet wrenches. A Knipex 06 03 300 pliers wrench, or similar- they make different sizes. (I carry an 86 03 125 on both my motorcycles)
https://www.knipex.com/products/pip...wrenches-pliers-and-a-wrench-in-a-single-tool

These go along with what I have installed aftermarket, and what I have seen of what I need, so far:
Sockets: 10mm, 5.5mm deep, 12mm deep. different Extensions, 1/4" ratchet with 3/8 on the other side. 3/8 breaker bar.
1/2" breaker bar and extension with a 7/8 socket, to go with with the tire change kit.
screwdriver/screwgun bits: Allen- 1/8, 5/32, 3/16, 1/4. 6, 5.5, 5, 4, 2.5, 2. Torx- T-10, 15, 20, 25. Nutdriver bits- 5/16, 3/8, 9/32.
Klein Screwdrivers: phillips, flathead- a long skinny and beefy one. Klein 10-in-1. Klein stubby 8-in-1
multi bit screwdriver handle. multi bit battery-screwdriver Ryobi TEK4.
Knipex 71 31 200 cutters.
Electrician scissors.
1, 1 1/8, 1 1/2 wrenches to go with my custom trailer hitch ball kit.

Last edited:

Great Offender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S - MT
I use the tool bag from my old Indian. Some allen wrenches, adjustable wrench, one of those gimmicky socket heads that fit any/all bolts, electrical tape, wire snips, fuses, and probably a few other things I can't think of. Oh and most important, some 100 mph duct tape!

Sempe-Fi Rubicon

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTR - 2018 BMW 430i
Occupation
Retired
My Jeep's EDC, put this together when I first got my Gladiator. I have added to the mix and need to update. I do carry additional items like a torque wrench and a battery powered impact gun on longer/offroad trips. The storage area under the rear seats is packed with goodies.
Jeep Gladiator What size. Sockets. Allan wrench and torques do you carry Screenshot_20231023_182416_Gallery

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver

Sponsored

BearDog

First Name
Johnnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Sport Max Tow. '20 H2SXSE+. RV-4 Airplane
Occupation
Machine Shop Manager
I buy every 10mm wrench and socket I can find. After a short time, they magically turn into another tool. I just keep buying them :)

cranbiz

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2017 WK2 Trailhawk, 2012 JK
Occupation
IT Analyst, Volunteer Firefighter
I just put in a 200 piece Channellock set I won in a raffle. It will cover most of what I might need outside of the garage. I just need to find a good place for it. It may have to go in the bed as it's too big to put under the rear seat.

My JK has a much more extensive set that I pieced together but my JK is more likely to need tools as it's a hard core trail rig.

Last edited:

PaulW

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21JKUR
Needed are a compete set of Torx bits and a complete set of metric sockets*, and a set of open end box wrenches. Don't forget the missing 18MM one that Jeep uses for all sets.
*Get complete sets 1/2, 3/8, and 1/4' drive

TestMule

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Director
I had a Craftsman 230 pc Mechanics Tool Set in a plastic case. I transferred all the tools in the kit over to a tool roll, added some channel locks, a 3/4 drive socket set with ratchet & breaker bar, plus a few misc. tools, electrical supplies, etc... and it rides under the rear seat along with some other misc. gear.

I'm sure I have sizes I don't need for the JT but since I might end up working on someone else's rig on the trail, having those will be a good thing.

AstroZombie

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon, '04 Tacoma PreRunner
Occupation
Tech Support
My Jeep's EDC, put this together when I first got my Gladiator. I have added to the mix and need to update. I do carry additional items like a torque wrench and a battery powered impact gun on longer/offroad trips. The storage area under the rear seats is packed with goodies.
Jeep Gladiator What size. Sockets. Allan wrench and torques do you carry Screenshot_20231023_182416_Gallery
is that holster for the keyfob?
Sponsored