What's your best/lamest excuse?

MyRight

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Freedom, 2003 Grand Cherokee Laredo
I must say...I've not been this excited about driving a vehicle since I first got my driver's license at 16.
Back then, I would ask my mom if she needed anything at the store that I could run out and pick up for her.
Now, I have caught myself trying to find reasons to take the gator out for a spin where my wife doesn't look at me like I'm a crazy teenager again.

Being that we live out in the country, we've set ourselves up to be supplied with most necessities to where we won't run out and don't have a need to make unplanned trips in to town.
I've used two excuses so far that my wife bought, that I will be able to repeat and get away with...at least for a time.
One is that I read on the news that oil was on the rise, so we'd best fill up today before they increase prices at the pump.
The second is I will go out to the shed and start working on some project...low and behold, I need some sort of part from the hardware store to get it finished up. :giggle:

What have been your non-essential reasons, just so you can go take a spin in your gator?
Sponsored

FloridaJT6MT

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport Willys
I just say I want to drive my gladiator. Then I ask her to come with. She likes it as much as me.

Dryfly24

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2016 Indian Springfield
Occupation
Retired and loving it
Lol, I used to do the same thing. Would look for any excuse to take it out and would constantly ask her if she needed anything from the store.

Now I just say ā€œIā€™m going for a ride, do you want to come with me?ā€

Last edited:

DLAW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 Nissan Pathfinder, '08 Honda Civic, '12 Honda CR-V, '16 Honda Odyssey, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Predicting the future
I think I've done this about 6 times since COVID. After getting the kiddos down and we are settled for the night...."Hey, I'm going to run out to get some ice cream." and she says "we have tons of ice cream here already!" and then I say "yeah, but I don't like any of those busted flavors".

And then I'm off for a little night-rider.

(Prior to having a Jeep, I hated driving and would never even think to just take a ride. At least not since I was a teenager, and driving was new. A couple decades of traffic and work commutes beats a man down)

Sponsored

93civej1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Sport S (Max Tow)
Why make an excuse? If I wanna go or need to go, i just go.

No Quarter

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Business Consultant
I was so wrapped up in the moment, it surprised me too. I promise I'll warn you next time.

Oh wait... Wrong question.

In regards to going for a drive, after 29 years of marriage, we both do what we want.

MPMB

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR - SG
Occupation
Check your inbox.
"I have to return some video tapes."

Those that know get the joke. And yes, with Genesis cranked up.

Willys2Gladiator

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
Going for a Jeep ride! Her reply will either be she's coming or have fun.

Blackjeepjk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubi, 2015 2dr Jk hard rock rubi
In regards to going for a drive, after 29 years of marriage, we both do what we want.
[/QUOTE]

same here. The only difference for me is sheā€™ll say, hey why donā€™t you take a ride or something!

Sponsored

Rubi_Rhod

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR 6MT, '55 Manx Clone Bug
Build Thread
Link
Took the JT vs the hybrid commuter to town. It was just to go to Costco and the like. The Volt is perfect for such duties, but dang it, Saturdays are not for hyper-miles. So to excuse the trip and re-affirm that yes, a hybrid hatch is 90% as useable but only in a truck can you also do the extra 10% :)

Not only do I love an excuse to drive it, the local gas station is sure plenty happy with my drinks at their fountain. (Ethanol free super, the JT just purrs)

0A8A7CCA-49FB-4EB5-B776-1E6FD28A8348.jpeg

HopSlammer

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition
Tell her Iā€™ve got to go deliver some pizzas to help pay for this thing.

fun2drum

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Sometimes I just go for a Jeep ride with the Sunrider flipped back - no excuses, just do it. My wife likes to go with me when possible because she loves it too. I might take care of some needed errands while I'm gone if I can justify interrupting my Jeep time with them.

The Crusader

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting gray JTSD.
Occupation
Field Engineer
6 months ago, I was about to buy my wife of 30 years a new Jeep. The divorce is almost final from the cheater and I'm looking forward to getting myself a new Jeep that she can't afford. I won't have to justify my reasons to drive it.
Sponsored