D10S86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge gladiator, x3
Occupation
Controller
Vehicle Showcase
I always parked my truck next to my peers who drove BMWs Lincolns Audis etc.. I really don't care what people think. I drive vehicles I enjoy, not to fit in or impress others.
Guess who drove to lunch most times with the drooling yuppies.
Ya I’m not really worried about fitting in and not worried what others will think, was more just trying to connect with other accountants on this forum that are jeep enthusiasts as I feel it’s few and far between based on what my peers are driving
Sponsored

Elkaholic

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Willys Diesel
Occupation
Management
I am a manufacturing CFO in the automotive aftermarket. I spent a lot of time in the forest products industry prior to that. With the exception of an Acura as a commuter car when I had an 80 mile one way commute, I have never owned a car. Jeeps, Land Cruisers, 3/4 and 1 ton diesel trucks ... yup ... fancy cars no (Acura was a base model)

OP
OP
D10S86

D10S86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge gladiator, x3
Occupation
Controller
Vehicle Showcase
I am a manufacturing CFO in the automotive aftermarket. I spent a lot of time in the forest products industry prior to that. With the exception of an Acura as a commuter car when I had an 80 mile one way commute, I have never owned a car. Jeeps, Land Cruisers, 3/4 and 1 ton diesel trucks ... yup ... fancy cars no (Acura was a base model)
You definitely have the title but forest products and automotive aftermarket industries are a little less affected by their head of finance guy in a “suit” jumping out of a 4wd, am I right? 😅 You’re a CFO, I’m a controller in manufacturing, get me a job and we can talk about off-road while we review financials haha. But in all seriousness, I was just trying to meet fellow accounting jeep enthusiasts but also making note of the fact that most of these guys are driving the standard gas efficient or electric vehicles so curious to see how many outside of the box guys we have on here.

NCC1701-D

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon, ZF1 Stingray, ILX a-spec
Occupation
Analyst/SBO
CPA here. Work in analytics for a company in the construction industry. The project managers at the office drive the full sizers - gotta tow those boats on the weekends. Have always had a mid size truck as second vehicle for a side rental business - traded in a Ridgeline for this JT a month ago and thinking this might be the new daily driver. Wasn’t looking to earn street cred from the truck world - this is the most fascinating and fun vehicle I have ever owned. Not the most practical but makes up for it in total experience.

OP
OP
D10S86

D10S86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge gladiator, x3
Occupation
Controller
Vehicle Showcase
CPA here. Work in analytics for a company in the construction industry. The project managers at the office drive the full sizers - gotta tow those boats on the weekends. Have always had a mid size truck as second vehicle for a side rental business - traded in a Ridgeline for this JT a month ago and thinking this might be the new daily driver. Wasn’t looking to earn street cred from the truck world - this is the most fascinating and fun vehicle I have ever owned. Not the most practical but makes up for it in total experience.
Nice man! Congrats on passing the CPA, that’s an awesome accomplishment I’m sure you are very proud of. When you say rental business, you mean renting of your truck or rental homes?

Sponsored

NCC1701-D

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Analyst/SBO
Nice man! Congrats on passing the CPA, that’s an awesome accomplishment I’m sure you are very proud of. When you say rental business, you mean renting of your truck or rental homes?
Nah, not renting the truck, rental homes. With the way people beat up rental cars, can only imagine what would be done to a Jeep.

JT debits the fun and credits the boredom, both having a normal debit balance of course. (Accounting joke, quite possibly the worst humor in the world).

OP
OP
D10S86

D10S86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge gladiator, x3
Occupation
Controller
Vehicle Showcase
Nah, not renting the truck, rental homes. With the way people beat up rental cars, can only imagine what would be done to a Jeep.

JT debits the fun and credits the boredom, both having a normal debit balance of course. (Accounting joke, quite possibly the worst humor in the world).
Haha good one, maybe we start that thread next and see how long until all accountants get banned on this site 😅

So I’m getting into the rental world as well, just waiting for the market to correct. Are you just hauling stuff to install or upgrade in your fixer upper homes that you’re buying to rent out? If I can find another good reason to sell my wife on for getting the truck it would be great

NCC1701-D

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Analyst/SBO
if you are active in property management (repairs/replacements/demo/hauling/ etc) you absolutely have to have a truck of some kind. mid-sized is plenty for DIY rental work. there are several good options for expensing/write-off and not all of them require the vehicle to be 100% dedicated to business. if you're just starting out with a house or two, you probably won't get much write-off value from a 60k vehicle. but if you need a good talking point to push your wife over the edge...

I have had four 'work' trucks to this point - a sonoma (cheap weedwacker on wheels), a dakota sxt (gas hog, rode hard), a ridgeline (best all around work truck for a landlord), and now this JT. Coming from the RL, my only grip on the JT is the tailgate and bed size. for LL work, you cant beat a used 20k RL. But, if you want to be your own boss, and feel like a boss, go get your jeep. As long as it fits into your business budget it will serve its purpose as a work vehicle with style.

prepare yourself mentally and financially for LL'ing and then dive in, the market will always be whatever it is, and after about five years of really hard work w/limited reward, the income will start to be lifestyle-changing.

TBuck

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Mojave, 2016 Grand Cherokee
Vehicle Showcase
I'm a Financial Controller for a Land developer in FL. (Used to be in public accounting). I traded my Chrysler 300 for a JT Mojave a few months ago. I LOVE it!

OP
OP
D10S86

D10S86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge gladiator, x3
Occupation
Controller
Vehicle Showcase
if you are active in property management (repairs/replacements/demo/hauling/ etc) you absolutely have to have a truck of some kind. mid-sized is plenty for DIY rental work. there are several good options for expensing/write-off and not all of them require the vehicle to be 100% dedicated to business. if you're just starting out with a house or two, you probably won't get much write-off value from a 60k vehicle. but if you need a good talking point to push your wife over the edge...

I have had four 'work' trucks to this point - a sonoma (cheap weedwacker on wheels), a dakota sxt (gas hog, rode hard), a ridgeline (best all around work truck for a landlord), and now this JT. Coming from the RL, my only grip on the JT is the tailgate and bed size. for LL work, you cant beat a used 20k RL. But, if you want to be your own boss, and feel like a boss, go get your jeep. As long as it fits into your business budget it will serve its purpose as a work vehicle with style.

prepare yourself mentally and financially for LL'ing and then dive in, the market will always be whatever it is, and after about five years of really hard work w/limited reward, the income will start to be lifestyle-changing.
Sorry. What’s LL? I’m sure it’s obvious I just can’t figure it out. And hell ya man, agree, need to invest now for long-term rewards. Once the market corrects we are buying our first rental property. Just not sure where yet.

Sponsored

doink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Atlas
I found my people.

CPA here. Controller for a company in the medical industry after doing time in public accounting.

OP
OP
D10S86

D10S86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge gladiator, x3
Occupation
Controller
Vehicle Showcase
I found my people.

CPA here. Controller for a company in the medical industry after doing time in public accounting.
Another CPA, you guys are showing me up! I’m also a controller, also did time in big 4 (RSM/McGladrey, ok big 5 who’s counting) but never tested for the CPA. Oh well, maybe in another life!

Medical industry controller, you must be pretty busy these days...

Nhjeep

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Occupation
Consultant
Just curious, do we have many accountants on this forum? I just got rid of a very clean twin turbo 340i which screams finance World when you see it and I’m hoping to become a jeep owner here very soon which I’m sure will turn some heads at my office. So I’m wondering, how many of you guys are also accountants pulling up to the office in a rugged 4x4. Maybe it’s more common outside of CA but here you usually see a lot of the finance guys in Tesla’s, Beemers, Prius, anything but trucks pretty much.
Consultant supporting accounting applications. I work at home or fly to work for the week and Uber hotel to work. I wish more Uber drivers drove Jeeps

OldFloridaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I wouldn't say that I'm an accountant per se, but do have an accounting degree. Work for the federal government as an internal auditor, but do program audits, not financial. In the 20+ years I have been at the job, I don't think I've ever done any real accounting. But I do have a good bit of job satisfaction - in my years, I've saved every single man, woman, and child in the U.S. about $0.50. Not much on a per capita basis, but getting budgets cut by over $150M is pretty good in my eyes!

Our office is pretty small, but the majority of people have an SUV/truck. Well, except for the one guy who has 5 kids of his own plus a few more foster kids - he drives an airport shuttle van :)

TommyGp

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 EcoDiesel Rubicon
Occupation
at a job
I wouldn't say that I'm an accountant per se, but do have an accounting degree. Work for the federal government as an internal auditor, but do program audits, not financial. In the 20+ years I have been at the job, I don't think I've ever done any real accounting. But I do have a good bit of job satisfaction - in my years, I've saved every single man, woman, and child in the U.S. about $0.50. Not much on a per capita basis, but getting budgets cut by over $150M is pretty good in my eyes!

Our office is pretty small, but the majority of people have an SUV/truck. Well, except for the one guy who has 5 kids of his own plus a few more foster kids - he drives an airport shuttle van :)
C’mon Ron Swanson! You’re our only hope!
Jeep Gladiator Where are my Accountants at? 1614190931752
Sponsored