Sponsored

Where have you been all my life, Gladys?

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
Steffen, dude... don't forget the Jeep Wave, you're part of the club now! Congrats on picking up! Not to hate on the "just bought the LE on day one" folks, but it feels so much more rewarding to scrimp and save to find a way to pay for what you want and not just take on excessive debt to get that endorphin rush. You're going to love this truck!
Sponsored

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
First off, thanks everybody for your warm comments!
Regarding your health, I know it’s not for me to tell you anything but let me relate a story about me. My Dad died when I was 12 and that literally destroyed me for years during the time of my life when I needed him most....Fast forward to when I had my first son. As I held him for the first time in the delivery room I promised him that I would do everything I could to be there for him through all of his major life events. He’s 31 now, married and has his own house but we’re still waiting for babies...so i’m doing what I can to stay in good shape...hopefully you can do the same...
I like that.

Congratulations on your truck @steffen707. I'm happy for you dude, Loved reading your post. Goodluck with fixing/cleaning up your house from all them trees :).
I am sure we will meet up in the midwest/great lakes rally meetup soon :rock::):fist bump:
I lucked out and was paid hansomly for the damage. Now that life has settled down a bit I gotta figure out when/where we're getting together!

I get compliments on my LE wheels all the time LOL. Once, I am all settled in I am gonna get some Stockton wheels on but I am leaning towards keeping/storing my LE wheels now
Are the stockton ones, the ones on Wayout concept?

Exactly...where's the plywood?????
There was a plywood crate in the bed when I snapped that picture, if you look hard enough you can see it.

I very much enjoy reading all of your posts and comments Steff. Never would have guessed that you have never had a Jeep. You having definitely done alot of research and educated yourself on all things Jeep. Don't ever stop learning. When you do your build and mods, try to do it all yourself. Doing mods on your own is one of the greatest things about Jeep ownership. When someone says, nice rig, you can think "yeah, I did that". Or come right out and say thanks I did all that myself. Thanks again for all your posts. Keep it up, don't disappear now just because you got your Gladys
THANKS! I plan to do most of the mods myself. Probably not the upholstery though. I swapped a 84 buick motor into an 82 buick centry when i was 16 with guidance from our mechanic to earn my Auto Mechanic merit badge. Learned a lot that week of spring break. I take pride in building/tinkering/learning. I won't be disappearing, don't worry.

Hope the Faux seats don't get to sticky/sweaty the rest of Summer . Mine will be Tan as well but in Cloth . "She's" a beaut and she's ALL Yours ! Treat Her Good . . .
And on a more serious note . . . Only because of few caring members responded to your "Fatness" concerns, I must agree . But with a stipulation, mentioned awhile ago elsewhere . . . Cholesterol !
IT"S the real KILLER ! Gonna have to trust me on that one . ASK Questions (of your Doctor) . . . Don't be a procrastinator like me ! If It weren't for a greatly stubborn patient (me) and a likewise team of Army Surgical Team, I'd be DEAD 20 years now ! Course I'd never know that . . . Once your dead your memories die with you . . . ;) . You know what we all say . . . Without pics, it didn't happen, so we expect you to continue with the "story-telling" of Glady's and her makeover + her affect on your lives ! How 'bout a Pic of the Family & You sitting "the good life" (you behind the wheel) - may require a neighbor to shoot unless have a long delay on the camera/phone ?
That's it . . . Back to fishing . . . :) . . . :camera: !
The seats are just tan cloth, the arm rest is faux leather. I think we got a nice family photo this morning when the whole family went for a spin.

PS steffen if you got the 7inch you connect (largest available on sport s) it don't have navigation. Only on overland and rubi 8.4s
Bummer!
Our AT&T phones had no data for most of our trip this weekend, but the van still had factory NAV that worked. Its a bummer i won't have that....next time!

@steffen707
I Took it to work today and it’s quite the head turner. I had several of my coffee shop customers looking at it and wanting to crawl all over it. I was happy to oblige!
Enjoy your new truck. I know I will be enjoying mine.
I got my first 2 Jeep waves today. Not sure if they realize its a truck or not, but got the wave nonetheless.

When you get your Gator, get some extra “TouchUp” spray paint, and spray the underside of the Freedom tops to match your ABC pillars inside! Soooooo happy for you Bro! Keep your narrative coming... your enthusiasm warms my soul, imprisoned here in the dark, frigid, bowels, of Granite Crystal Launch Edition purgatory! ❤;{
I was thinking of painting the white ceiling with a matte black so I could enjoy it now and if I get a Gator later. I'm also planning on some hotheads headliners. So i want to paint first. Keep your chin up and live vicariously through others i guess until your GCLE arrives!

:clap: Congrats Steffen. Really enjoyed your write up & adventure day 1.
Enjoy that rig!
Baby steps on the health front. Work with your Doc and just count the calories and careful on the high cholesterol contributors.
A little bit of “strenuous “ activity a day will help. Now go get some plywood! :rock:
Plywood tonneau cover might need to be made sooner than later!

I feel I should elaborate on the health/weight thing real quick. It hasn't been a HUGE struggle, but I feel lots of folks have battled weight in America at one point or another.

I graduated high school at 125 lbs, once in college I stopped doing organized group sports, that coupled with eating Taco Bell, pizza and drinking beer coupled with working a shit job in the wireless industry for 8 years, I grew to 192.2 lbs. I vowed to lose the weight once I left the wireless world and in 2015 I did just that. Walked my dog 4-6 miles per day and counted my calories (whether you believe that works or not). In 6 weeks I lost 27.2 lbs.

2 kids and lack of concentration and dedication to diet and excercise i'm up to 183 now. So i'm going to treat Gladys as the change in my life to re-evaluate my diet and excercise, just like leaving my old job was the turning point 4 years ago. This time, i'm going to treat it like my mom would explain cleaning my room. Do a little bit each day and its always clean, let it go to shit and you gotta work all day to clean it up.

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Steffen, dude... don't forget the Jeep Wave, you're part of the club now! Congrats on picking up! Not to hate on the "just bought the LE on day one" folks, but it feels so much more rewarding to scrimp and save to find a way to pay for what you want and not just take on excessive debt to get that endorphin rush. You're going to love this truck!
HA! yeah just had my first 2 Jeep waves today actually!

Sponsored

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

rvillano8188

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JT Rubi, 2018 VW Tiguan SEL
Occupation
Financial Services
Congrats @steffen707 ! What a great story to cap off making us wait to hear/see from you and Gladys.

In the spirit of positivity, think about all the calories you’ll burn getting in and out of her! That’s no small step up!

I wish I wasn’t so far away from @spenchey. I could deal with the flight, but couldn’t dream of putting those kinds of miles on my new baby bringing her all the way back to eastern Long Island. Plus my wife would kill me if our only vacation this year was to visit a truck :punch:. Seems like yet another satisfied customer.

Now, quit flirting and take her top off!

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Congrats @steffen707 ! What a great story to cap off making us wait to hear/see from you and Gladys.

In the spirit of positivity, think about all the calories you’ll burn getting in and out of her! That’s no small step up!

I wish I wasn’t so far away from @spenchey. I could deal with the flight, but couldn’t dream of putting those kinds of miles on my new baby bringing her all the way back to eastern Long Island. Plus my wife would kill me if our only vacation this year was to visit a truck :punch:. Seems like yet another satisfied customer.

Now, quit flirting and take her top off!
HA HA! well I can surely understand not wanting your only vacation to be to Iowa. Spirit Lake looked really cute, wish we could have stayed longer, perhaps 36 months from now?

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
I have the pleasure and honor of going last. Hopefully nobody reads this. You reminded me of every great day I've had in a Jeep. Thank you, King! Now. Listen up. You did not mention three things. First, we know your wife loves you more in the jeep. Second, that 70 mph bump was nada. Dude, it's a Jeep. Feel your ass being gravitized into the center of gravity, only feel it like that in a Jeep, and drive that thang going the hell outta one bump into the next. It's called four wheeling! Lmao. And third. My God. King. Where is the f'n PLYWOOD??????????? congrats brother. Good on you, the Mrs, and Gladys!

Last edited:

Sponsored

WildJD

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Santa Fe National Forest, Jemez Mountains, NM
Vehicle(s)
2020 GCM Gladiator JT Launch Edition, 2006 Wrangler TJ 4x4 4.0 Liter Straight 6 Golden Eagle, 2018 Cherokee 4x4 3.2 Liter V6 Latitude
Occupation
Mountain Wilderness Rancher/Horse Guide

I like that.

I lucked out and was paid hansomly for the damage. Now that life has settled down a bit I gotta figure out when/where we're getting together!

There was a plywood crate in the bed when I snapped that picture, if you look hard enough you can see it.

THANKS! I plan to do most of the mods myself. Probably not the upholstery though. I swapped a 84 buick motor into an 82 buick centry when i was 16 with guidance from our mechanic to earn my Auto Mechanic merit badge. Learned a lot that week of spring break. I take pride in building/tinkering/learning. I won't be disappearing, don't worry.

The seats are just tan cloth, the arm rest is faux leather. I think we got a nice family photo this morning when the whole family went for a spin.

Bummer!
Our AT&T phones had no data for most of our trip this weekend, but the van still had factory NAV that worked. Its a bummer i won't have that....next time!

I got my first 2 Jeep waves today. Not sure if they realize its a truck or not, but got the wave nonetheless.

I was thinking of painting the white ceiling with a matte black so I could enjoy it now and if I get a Gator later. I'm also planning on some hotheads headliners. So i want to paint first. Keep your chin up and live vicariously through others i guess until your GCLE arrives!

Plywood tonneau cover might need to be made sooner than later!

I feel I should elaborate on the health/weight thing real quick. It hasn't been a HUGE struggle, but I feel lots of folks have battled weight in America at one point or another.

I graduated high school at 125 lbs, once in college I stopped doing organized group sports, that coupled with eating Taco Bell, pizza and drinking beer coupled with working a shit job in the wireless industry for 8 years, I grew to 192.2 lbs. I vowed to lose the weight once I left the wireless world and in 2015 I did just that. Walked my dog 4-6 miles per day and counted my calories (whether you believe that works or not). In 6 weeks I lost 27.2 lbs.

2 kids and lack of concentration and dedication to diet and excercise i'm up to 183 now. So i'm going to treat Gladys as the change in my life to re-evaluate my diet and excercise, just like leaving my old job was the turning point 4 years ago. This time, i'm going to treat it like my mom would explain cleaning my room. Do a little bit each day and its always clean, let it go to shit and you gotta work all day to clean it up.
Reborn to begin anew, start everything fresh, new truck, new life, new health, new adventures! ;{

SleepyJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper S, Firecracker Red Gladiator LE

Yeah, I plan to get the Wayout concept wheels and powder coat them matte bronze. But, I am installing the steering stabilizer and the genesis dual battery kit first closely followed by the Warn winch.

On a separate note, maybe @ralphjjr knows the answer to this - how do you stop the Nav midway after you set a destination? I looked in all the settings and I couldn't find it where there was a button to stop navigating LOL

Rokon

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Yeah, I plan to get the Wayout concept wheels and powder coat them matte bronze. But, I am installing the steering stabilizer and the genesis dual battery kit first closely followed by the Warn winch.

On a separate note, maybe @ralphjjr knows the answer to this - how do you stop the Nav midway after you set a destination? I looked in all the settings and I couldn't find it where there was a button to stop navigating LOL
From the nav screen tap “menu” , you will see “stop guidance” and than be prompted “are you sure”

Pat2Alaska

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Hydro-Blue Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Jedi
Awesome to see another of the Motor Inn family get their JT! I can tell you it is the best overall vehicle I've ever owned!! It only gets better!
Sponsored