Sponsored

Where is the instant MPG display setting?

BearFootSam

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Fed
Yes, I'm down 2-3mpg also. Happened every year on my 2019 too. Once weather warms up MPG returned to normal.
silly question- have you checked your tire pressure? It’s common to need to add a few PSI when temps drop from 50+ to below freezing.
Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Too lazy to read thru 8 pages so here is what I found. On my 22 JTM when I am viewing my instant MPG screen if I hit the left the right or left arrow the instant display disappears. Hit it again and voila it reappears.
If you read the thread you'll see the dilemma.

4-Play

First Name
Sherman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTR
I knew I shouldn’t have read this thread again. The current mpg disappeared after 3 and a half months of working.

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
silly question- have you checked your tire pressure? It’s common to need to add a few PSI when temps drop from 50+ to below freezing.
Refineries change the fuel blend every spring and fall. Warm weather and cold weather blends. Mileage changes with the blends.

Dougstdig

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD - '08 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4
On a side note…anyone see the decrease in mpg’s with the cold weather? I lost roughly 2-3mpg’s once the 30-40 degree temps hit. 🤭
Figured I’d throw this in…. Winterized fuel will net lower mpg. This may changed from supplier to supplier. You will notice this more with Diesel motors between the months of November through April depending on how far north you live.

I lost 8-psi in tires which will definitely degrade mph.

Sponsored

slim chance

First Name
jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi JTA, 23 Ram Laramie 1500, 21 Nacho JTF
Occupation
retired
i run 38 #s in my tires during summer ... without doing anything my tires are now at 33 #s .. temps in the mid thirty ... that changed my mpg to around 20 from the summer 22 mpg

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

npd811

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator diesel
Occupation
Retired USMC/ now Law enforcement
Mine has always been on my gauge. I read this thread, and the next time I drove my Jeep, the Instant MPG was gone - poof.

2022 Diesel with +/- 6,000 miles

Raven65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
There is another long thread about this SOFTWARE BUG on here somewhere. My instant MPG readout on that screen has gone away and come back several times in the 10k miles I've had my '22 Sport S. No rhyme or reason. When it disappears, no amount of playing with the arrows on the wheel to page around in the displays will bring it back. I've just accepted it as yet another "Jeep Thing". LOL I know it's silly to worry about MPG when driving one of these, but when I leave the display on that screen, it does encourage me to be more careful with the throttle & speed to save a dollar or two. I brought it up to my dealer the first time it happened - just a couple of weeks after buying the Jeep - and they checked to see if there were any UConnect updates available since mine was updated, but mine was current at the time. I'd like to think there there will be an update containing a fix for this available at some point, but if not, it won't be the end of the world.

HappyGladiator

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Electrical tech
My instant MPG has come and gone several times as others has. I am just not sure what value that info has in real world info. Also I wonder how accurate it really is.

Camaroboi13

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
87 XJ Pioneer, 17 WK2 3.6, 18 JLU 3.6, 22 JTOD 3.0
Occupation
LEO - Life in Chino
Jeep Gladiator Where is the instant MPG display setting? IMG_4332

Put me on the list. Disappeared yesterday and hasn’t returned yet. Bummer. I’m an OCD guy and a numbers guy so it’s bugging the heck out of me.
Sponsored