Sponsored

Where is the instant MPG display setting?

Diesel_Smack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2019 Mazda CX5
Occupation
race car driver
just posting here as my Instant MPG has run-off as-well. Can't seem to figure out how to reboot the infotainment to reset it.

Hopefully a fix for this glitch is released!

@JeepCares
Sponsored

Almost

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD & 09 JKU
Somewhat related - do our units receive periodic updates over the air? I jumped in mine last night and took a ride and on my screen right above my first icon where my media button is it said "Installing SQDF" and was gone after about 5 minutes. It was odd to me since the only way I thought our vehicles received updates was via a flash at the dealer. A quick google brings up a bunch of posts from the last week or so across the interwebs with no answer.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Somewhat related - do our units receive periodic updates over the air? I jumped in mine last night and took a ride and on my screen right above my first icon where my media button is it said "Installing SQDF" and was gone after about 5 minutes. It was odd to me since the only way I thought our vehicles received updates was via a flash at the dealer. A quick google brings up a bunch of posts from the last week or so across the interwebs with no answer.
The 8.4 Uconnect is capable of receiving OTA updates.

Hamba_Kahle

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport
I have just over 1,200 miles on my 22 JT and found this thread because mine has disappeared too.

FWIW I am having issues with my USB A - C cable for Android Auto from under my armrest. So I tried a USB c - c on the front dash and screen said it was unsupported for a bit and then started working again...all within a few mins, and it was then that I noticed the instant mpg was gone.

Sounds like (from this thread) disabling it in settings and then re-enabling gets it back. Worst case it's going to the dealer on Monday for new wheels and bigger tires so I'll have them look at it. If they tell me anything new, I'll post it here.

Z16DNA

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Rivian R1S, '22 JTRD, '04 Corv ZO6, '95 T/A
Occupation
Business Owner
Watching this thread. Mine disappeared last week. No idea what I did.

Sponsored

Hamba_Kahle

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport
I unchecked the fuel mileage in my favorites and saved it. Then went back in and checked the box to activate it again. It didn't return so I turned off the Jeepers, waited a few seconds and turned it on again and the mileage returned...

Still not a good thing that it disappeared like that. Will definitely mention it to the dealer on Monday

Raven65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Just adding another ā€œme tooā€ data point hereā€¦ I have a ā€˜22 Sport S w/technology packageā€¦ currently just under 5k miles. I usually leave the center display on the fuel mileage display and Iā€™ve have the instant MPG disappear several times - only to reappear the next time (or so) I drive it. Canā€™t figure out any patterns with it going away or coming back. Itā€™s simply glitchy. I also usually use Apple CarPlay (plugged into the center console port via an official Apple cable - and that is glitchy too. Some people say CarPlay isnā€™t supported in that jack, but the manual clearly states that it is. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø Works fine if I plug it into the USB-C port in the dash, but I donā€™t like leaving that flap/door open - or having messy cable hanging out of the dash. Plugging it into the center console is much cleanerā€¦ I want it to work THERE.

Skull

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
Occupation
Aircraft Technician
My instant MPG disappeared last week for no reason and have tried everything but dealer to get to show again with no luckā€¦..

rr11

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT 2005 TJ 2003 F250
Occupation
Retired
I have taken my Gladiator in for a couple of minor glitches, the dealer always says " I've never heard of that before."

Sponsored

Z16DNA

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Rivian R1S, '22 JTRD, '04 Corv ZO6, '95 T/A
Occupation
Business Owner
Yes, I'm down 2-3mpg also. Happened every year on my 2019 too. Once weather warms up MPG returned to normal.

trilifter7

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, 2023 JTR
Occupation
Business owner
My instant mpg didnā€™t display when new then at about 485 miles after a startup it just appeared and has not gone away since. at first I thought it was something that didnā€™t show up until after a ā€œbreak inā€ period bc my avg mpg instantly starting improving after the instant mpg appeared. Under the same exact routes taken multiple days driving in the same weather and the same way it was very noticeable when the mpg just starting improving drastically, but I associated that and the instant mpg appearance to a break in period. After reading thru this post it appears the instant mpg is still a mystery. I do use apple car play on every trip so maybe it has something to do with apple car play/android auto?

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
On a side noteā€¦anyone see the decrease in mpgā€™s with the cold weather? I lost roughly 2-3mpgā€™s once the 30-40 degree temps hit. šŸ¤­
Yes, I'm down 2-3mpg also. Happened every year on my 2019 too. Once weather warms up MPG returned to normal.
Winter blend fuel decreases mpg.

rr11

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT 2005 TJ 2003 F250
Occupation
Retired
I have never noticed my mpg drop in winter. But I live in Florida so that may be the reason. Will see in January, this year we go to Gatlinburg in stead of Key West.

Prescottmojave

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Retired
Too lazy to read thru 8 pages so here is what I found. On my 22 JTM when I am viewing my instant MPG screen if I hit the left the right or left arrow the instant display disappears. Hit it again and voila it reappears.
Sponsored