Threads
Reaction score
Website
aroundthenw.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 WK2, 2001 XJ, 1993 YJ, 2021 JT EcoDiesel
Occupation
Digital Marketing Manager
Can you Sport S EcoDiesel owners do me a quick favor. Do you have iron or aluminum knuckles. Before I ordered mine (still waiting), I could have swore I read that all ecodiesels regardless of the trim level came with the hd wide housing with iron knuckles. I just read a post by someone is a reliable source at Jeep say that only the High Altitude and Rubicon EcoDiesels came with the HD wide wider housings. Thanks!
Sponsored

Gladiator_92

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport EcoDiesel
Occupation
Project Management
Vehicle Showcase
Can you Sport S EcoDiesel owners do me a quick favor. Do you have iron or aluminum knuckles. Before I ordered mine (still waiting), I could have swore I read that all ecodiesels regardless of the trim level came with the hd wide housing with iron knuckles. I just read a post by someone is a reliable source at Jeep say that only the High Altitude and Rubicon EcoDiesels came with the HD wide wider housings. Thanks!
I have a sport ecodiesel and it definitely has iron knuckles. I am not sure about the axle width though.

OP
OP
Steven_B

Steven_B

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aroundthenw.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I got more info, only the Rubicon and Overland EcoDiesel models have the wide track, but all have the iron knuckles which means us narrow track guys have the thinner wall axle tubes also.

Gladiator_92

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport EcoDiesel
Occupation
Project Management
Vehicle Showcase
I got more info, only the Rubicon and Overland EcoDiesel models have the wide track, but all have the iron knuckles which means us narrow track guys have the thinner wall axle tubes also.
good to know - that's really annoying they would do that.

Broke Owner

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave Hydro Blue
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Chocolate Brownie Quality Inspector

You are referring to the high altitude model right? because the overland has regular width axles, right?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Steven_B

Steven_B

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aroundthenw.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
You are referring to the high altitude model right? because the overland has regular width axles, right?
Sorry, yes, High Altitude and Rubicon..NOT Overland.

Gladman

First Name
Alistair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland High Altitude Diesel
Occupation
Retired
Just a technicality but the High Altitude is an Overland.
That’s what my paper work says.
I have the M210 M220 wide axles with cast knuckles.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
So, you're saying that on an Overland EcoDiesel, you would get the narrow axles and therefore thinner axle tubes?

ThatStinging_Jeep

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon In Sting Gray
Vehicle Showcase
Kinda annoying about the axle thing,that's the reason I went with a rubicon,I had a gasser rubicon and wanted to trade it in for a ecodiesel sport with wide Trac axles so that it would be cheaper since I do plan on beating it a bit off-road but that wasn't a option,but I still got a hell of a deal on a rubicon ecodiesel and my monthly payments are 200 bucks less somehow with no down payment :D so win win for me and even more with the better mpg's

LordEnzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
I thought all the diesels got the Rubicon axles as per jeep description? Just that diesel gets 3.83 gears vs 4.10? If that's not the case, I may need to reconsider which model I want to get the diesel in...

Sponsored

OP
OP
Steven_B

Steven_B

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aroundthenw.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I thought all the diesels got the Rubicon axles as per jeep description? Just that diesel gets 3.83 gears vs 4.10? If that's not the case, I may need to reconsider which model I want to get the diesel in...
The center sections are the same, but the tube length and diameter are larger on the Rubicon and High Altitude models. Bother are 2" overall wider than the other packages such as my Sport S.

LordEnzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
The center sections are the same, but the tube length and diameter are larger on the Rubicon and High Altitude models. Bother are 2" overall wider than the other packages such as my Sport S.
Not saying ur wrong, but seems there's conflicting info between this and a couple other, older, threads. I need more research...

OP
OP
Steven_B

Steven_B

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aroundthenw.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Not saying ur wrong, but seems there's conflicting info between this and a couple other, older, threads. I need more research...
My information is based on the information from one of the Jeep Gladiator engineers.

All Gladiators have the current generation Dana 44 front and rear. However, only the Rubicon, Mojave (not available with the diesel) and High Altitude model plus the Max Tow option (also not available with the diesel) have the wider axles. The Mojave actually has a one off rear axle that is constructed with even thicker tubing.

The center sections are all the same between the Rubicon and non Rubicon models. The only difference is in the tube length and the thickness.

Last edited:

Terminus33

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Cherokee
Occupation
Pool Tech
All Gladiators have the current generation Dana 44 front and rear. However, only the Rubicon, Mojave (not available with the diesel) and High Altitude have the wider axles. The Mojave actually has a one off rear axle that is constructed with even thicker tubing.
But then another option I heard was the Max Tow option also comes with the wider axles... hmmm

OP
OP
Steven_B

Steven_B

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aroundthenw.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
But then another option I heard was the Max Tow option also comes with the wider axles... hmmm
Correct, but this is the diesel section, you can't get a Max Toe and Diesel. The Max Toe is wide, just like the Rubicon and High Altitude. I will edit my post above since people with gassers will also find this thread.
Sponsored