Which exhaust is most mellow?

Msilva

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JK
I had a local muffler shop remove the big middle muffler. It sounds pretty good. I like the sound clips of the borla series. But $75 verses $1000. I’m good for now.
Sponsored

TroutFishingInAmerica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Which version did you use?
I did the delete. I emailed the owner and he assured me his delete retains the rear resonator and there was very little to no drone. There was mega drone, it was horrible. The bends were tight radius and wrinkled. Side to side comparison the B2 Fab next to my Corsa it's night and day quality difference, Corsa big wide smooth radius bends with no wrinkles anywhere. What was the worst was B2 telling me very little to no drone, I really don't think he tested his delete, it's a drone making machine. Maybe his other systems don't drone, that would be great if you like wrinkled unnecessary tightly bent exhaust systems.

PaulRubi

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Songwriter/Producer
borla touring climber. It's almost identical volume to stock. But a nice little tone to it. Sometimes wish it was louder but I'd rather it be a little quiet than a little overbearing.

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
I like my AWE. At 70mph its silent. But you need to like hearing your exhaust when you stand on it, or it isnt for you.

Its my limit of what im ok with volume wise -probably borla s type range- but damn does it sound GOOD.

I cant wait to hear it with a blower.

Courtsm3

First Name
Kayle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Just purchased the magnaflow rock crawler 2.5”. I will report back this week with more driving and break in. Its fairly quiet overall. AWE was my first choice but I tow so I needed something quieter for pulling long hills.

Sponsored

cecaa850

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator 2019 Porsche Macan S 2018 BMW M2
I had the middle muffler and resonator replaced with a Magnaflow muffler. Last week I put a little over 2000 miles on it and I'm glad I didn't go louder.

Courtsm3

First Name
Kayle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Thin Blue Line

Courtsm3

First Name
Kayle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Thin Blue Line

This was my $100 hack job prior to the magnaflow. Thrush Welded replaced the first resonator and main muffler. Rear tailpipe was still in place.

Jt-wrx

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 sport s 6spd
i did the same mod, leave the resonator tip and straight pipe the other two, first highway trip (thankfully it was only 1 hour each way) was all it took to understand how painful drone can be, it was fine around town, but when your truck is trying to run between 1900-2300 and any sort of load applied for slight hill or whatever...the drone actually hurts your head

ordered the magnaflow street side exit the next day and couldn't get it on fast enough, i think removing the initial resonator is the mistake, i'd remove the large main muffler only if to try that again and hit the highway

i do not have those insulated panels in my roof but i do have the hard top, if i keep the rpm 2400 and upward it's no issue

i get slight drone with new exhaust also but rolling on 37's with 4.88's usually means i'm asking for 24-2600 rpm anyway and there's no noticing it there, the worst zone is 2000-2200 rpm

Courtsm3

First Name
Kayle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
If AWE came out with something like a “touring” edition, I would be game. I like current units offered but a little loud for me. Same tone but more subdued would be ideal
Sponsored