Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
My 258 I6 sounds great. Undersquare bore Vs stroke. 3.6 has a shorter stroke.
I like the sound of my built 4.0 in the SX4 as well. The 258 always sounded nice. But then an I6 is not a V6.
Still............ this is a sound I like - (before I totally restored the seats and put on new wheels and tires and did other stuff)

Trlr8tdd

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition JT, 2013 JKR
Occupation
Aviation Chief Inspector
I’ve Always changed exhaust on everything I own, Exhaust was the first mod on the wife’s JKU with about 60 miles on it (40 was to and from the 4 wheel parts store). When we got her JT, exhaust was on her list of firsts. My JKR has the T304 stainless rock crawler, yep it’s loud. She wants a duel exit on her JT so I’m ordering the Hooker setup, looks pretty good and only removes the back can. I see exhaust like wheels Or a paint color, get what you like.

DaddyG

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Site superintendent
Vehicle Showcase
Gains wise you'd only likely gain a little and only if you did full header back exhaust with high-flow or no cat, plus intake and tune. Otherwise you're doing it for the sound, not that there's anything wrong with that.
Ive been listening to sound clips with the same idea in mind, and like some of the Borla and Corsa options sound good to me so far.
They sound good to me too.......But probably not $700 gooder !

DaddyG

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Site superintendent
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah it’s pretty amazing that the designers didn’t leave anything on the table that the aftermarket could capitalize on power wise. You can improve the sound but that’s highly subjective and lose probably 40 lbs by getting rid of multiple mufflers and resonators, but that’s about it.
I'd be happier if Jeep got the same HP ratings out of their 6 cylinder that the rest of Dodge's products get !

And you are right....they didn't leave anything on the table ! My son had a 2013 C
Hemi Challenger.... we pulled a baseline on a Dyno before he did a K&N CAI.....he picked up a whopping 1/2 HP for $300 !

Sponsored

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
I’ve Always changed exhaust on everything I own, Exhaust was the first mod on the wife’s JKU with about 60 miles on it (40 was to and from the 4 wheel parts store). When we got her JT, exhaust was on her list of firsts. My JKR has the T304 stainless rock crawler, yep it’s loud. She wants a duel exit on her JT so I’m ordering the Hooker setup, looks pretty good and only removes the back can. I see exhaust like wheels Or a paint color, get what you like.
Where do you find women like that!?

Knolow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
WHAT! Hands down yes.

I have the Magnaflow dual exhaust yes sounds amazing. Get compliments all the time. Check my IG for sounds.
Knolows_Garage

can also send via text.

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
I regret my Magnaflow and wish I'd bought sliders instead. Don't get me wrong, I love the sound but it's just that; there's no real gains other than losing ~15 lbs off the stock system.

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
Heck I've sneaked up on friends in the parking lot, the JTR is QUIET! I like it!

I have a couple of V8s with nice loud exhaust installed. It is great for those cars. but, for the JT Gladiator, I am not interested.... ie. yesterday, we were 4wheeling and sneaked up and see a nice 3 by 3 buck with his does. We had to be really quite and roll slowly... So, personally, I like stealth in nature, so, I do not miss anything. Here are a few pics I took. You will not be able to see this with loud exhaust.

OAYJG0.jpg

xy200A.jpg

Sponsored

unsocbl

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys Eco-diesel
I put the AFE rock basher on last weekend. I like it. Does sound a little Fast and Furious sometimes though :CWL:.
Also noticed the deer don't stand in the road or jump in front of me now...if that holds true, way worth the cost!

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
Performance gains? NO

Weight savings? YES

Relocate to avoid crushing while offroad? YES

Overall is it worth it, depends on what you were looking for to begin with.

There are systems available that ditch the redundant muffler/resonator BS that came from factory making it lighter and tucking parts up higher out of the way. They will change the exhaust tone. But you won't see HP gains.

PLEG1972

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeel Gladiator
Occupation
Maintenance Supervisor
Sadly, you won't be getting a "deep tone" with a 6 cylinder ….it's just not the nature of the beast. There are however, options that will make it sound better !
Following
My Harley is deeper than Barry White and its a 2 cylinder! LOL

BuckSawLilandtheGoose

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I have the Magnaflow crawler exhaust on mine. The truck now sounds like my Audi did. I like it but you may not. If you want power gains cat back is not really the way to go. You will need to do the AFE down pipes and Y pipe which will add a good amount but is about 2k for the whole set.
Sponsored