Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
  • Banned
I want to get a tri fold bed cover in the next month. I like how the rugged ridge armis bolts on to the bed and doesn't use any cheasy clamps. I also like the textured spray bed liner they use on the surface.

Another cover that looks nice is the undercover ultraflex cover and backflip cover. They are made by the same company but marketed by different companies. Both are coated with carpet underneath for a more finished look. Iam not sure how these attach to bed.

I don't have the Mopar trail rail system fwiw. Are there any other hard folding covers I should be looking at?
Sponsored

Ohio JKU

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
Occupation
PM Construction
I have the undercover flex, doesn’t have the carpet... I like the look and I’d suggest a cover that the last panel can prop up, I use that feature a lot more than I thought.

the undercover, bolts into factory locations. It has a bracket for the front to overcome the step in the jt bed rail. It is a very good system, it has a gutter and so far mine stays amazingly dry in heavy rain.

BE31236D-C02E-4B8A-8AEC-E67E4D3FA874.jpeg

BA27DDBF-46FC-4DC6-8058-17B32F57564A.jpeg

2A7E19B9-D904-4DC8-B447-228473A42D52.jpeg

Boostnu

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep gladiator
Occupation
Machinist
I have the undercover ultra flex and like it so far. Mine has the carpet and like mentioned make sure the last panel flips up so you have access to the whole bed. I was looking at the Roughcountry at first but theirs uses the last panel to hold the bed cover on.

jeepdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland Gator , 91 Grand Wagoneer, 1964 CJ3B, 1967 Kaiser Jeep M715, two unrestored 1956 Willys Pickups
We love our Undercover UltraFlex carpeted cover.

Just keep your fingers clear of the top edge of tailgate when closing:surprised:

JT614

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator Overland '14 JGC Summit '04 TJ Rubi
Vehicle Showcase
I have the Mopar trifold but wish I would have done a roll-up cover. The Mopar cover is great but it doesn't totally flip up like the others which means if you have a bigger load you have to totally remove the cover itself and it's kind of a pain in the butt.

Sponsored

Spur

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Overland
Occupation
Retired
BAK X4 is a great cover.

doc-ketamine

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I have the Mopar trifold but wish I would have done a roll-up cover. The Mopar cover is great but it doesn't totally flip up like the others which means if you have a bigger load you have to totally remove the cover itself and it's kind of a pain in the butt.
Same - I had the MOPAR tri-fold and felt is wasn’t worth the $1200-1300. It provided minimal security (anyone with a knife could get in). I could never really access the forward-most third of the bed (near the cab). Folks that I’be seen flip up that third of it, they ca’t see out the window.

Now I’m thinking long and hard about a rack, half-rack or cap, in which case I don’t want a tonneau at all. I’m actually thinking the DECKED system would be good for me, and i can work with all of those options.

TYJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Love my Lomax cover. Same company makes Weathertech’s cover (more $). No drain holes/tubing necessary. Entire cover goes on off in under 30 sec.

DavdZ

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2016 Ural 2008 Mercury Mariner
I got the same and I'm happy with it too. Went with the Diamond Plate and at first I thought it might be too flashy but got plenty of compliments on it.
Love my Lomax cover. Same company makes Weathertech’s cover (more $). No drain holes/tubing necessary. Entire cover goes on off in under 30 sec.

Sponsored

Garemlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Willys Gladiator
I plan to get the Gator EFX the next time it goes on sale. Already really good price at $649. But it drops down to below $550 once in a while. From all I have read it is very good quality and pretty comparable to the Bakflip.

OP
OP
Lateralus

Lateralus

Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
I like how the Lomax comes out easy but it doesn't look like the last panel can be propped up parallel to the window the way the ultraflex and armis can. Also the Lomax attaches with clamps rather than being bolt in like the armis and ultraflex.

Reebtnawi

First Name
Cooper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT
Do these tri-fold covers interlock in any way? Since only the rear side of each panel latches, I'm wondering whether someone could cut the rubber between the panels and lift up the side without latches. I'm waffling between whether these or something like the BAK X4s with interlocking slats would be more secure.

jasunto

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Technical Implementation Engineer
I have the undercover flex, doesn’t have the carpet... I like the look and I’d suggest a cover that the last panel can prop up, I use that feature a lot more than I thought.

the undercover, bolts into factory locations. It has a bracket for the front to overcome the step in the jt bed rail. It is a very good system, it has a gutter and so far mine stays amazingly dry in heavy rain.

Jeep Gladiator Which hard tri fold bedcover? 87256862-AF5F-4AF3-8EE2-F41C9EC7401B

Jeep Gladiator Which hard tri fold bedcover? 87256862-AF5F-4AF3-8EE2-F41C9EC7401B

Looks like the bracket gets in the way of the trail rail system at the front. Guess you could put a washer under the 2 center trail rail bolts to level it all out.
Sponsored