Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase

Divided_Wood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Rubicon EcoDiesel
AJK has been making them for a while for Warfab. It just now ships directly from them. They’re fantastic.
I had no idea. Nice welds and like I said, really stout. The powder coating is not the best I've ever seen, but given that it will be nice for all of 5 minutes, I'll just plan to touch it up with spray paint later.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I had no idea. Nice welds and like I said, really stout. The powder coating is not the best I've ever seen, but given that it will be nice for all of 5 minutes, I'll just plan to touch it up with spray paint later.
Exactly. Easiest touch up ever, as it gets done in the grass. :)

Sponsored

gt3mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
I got the standard. On the furthest hole in, it fits nice and flush with the bumper with some room to spare on the D ring hook.
Does it get close enough to the spare tire that it could cause issues with a larger spare?

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
From what I understand, the plate is the same with the standard and short. The short just has one less hole and a shorter 2” square tube. I have the short and it works great with a 37” spare.

Robbie441

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Occupation
Union Electrician
I have the DRT and I will say that the finish/appearance of the welds are impeccable, however they clearly state on their site that the recovery point is not rated. For all intensive purposes a properly welded tab should be plenty strong, but being that I have no means to see how this unit was welded up (was it properly welded from the backside or is the base of the tab simply perimeter welded?). I'm not willing to risk they shackle tab shearing during a heavy recovery. The edges are also too sharp and lacking the needed radius for practical use of a soft shackle which means a rated D-ring shackle needs to be used. If that tab fails ... and this is a big if ... you now will have two potential projectiles. I'll use the DRT in the cases where I know I need the drag protection, but will opt for a rated recovery point for everyday use. If DRT would conduct some load tests and establish a WLL I might change my decision.
Do you have any pictures or updates for the drt skid? What did you end up using for a recovery point?

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have any pictures or updates for the drt skid? What did you end up using for a recovery point?
The Warfab Sheridan has an amazing closed recovery point. It’s also rounded for soft shackles. All the welds are visible and I can attest to its strength, as I’ve used it for recovery repeatedly.

Sponsored

SargeDiesel

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Retired Military
I got the standard. On the furthest hole in, it fits nice and flush with the bumper with some room to spare on the D ring hook.
what size spare tire are you carrying ? Does it clear the skid plate ? I am trying to decide between the short/standard plate, I have 37's.

SargeDiesel

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Retired Military
From what I understand, the plate is the same with the standard and short. The short just has one less hole and a shorter 2” square tube. I have the short and it works great with a 37” spare.
I realize this thread is dated, but I am trying to decide between the short/standard... I also have 37's. Would you mind posting or DM me some pics from different angles ?

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
what size spare tire are you carrying ? Does it clear the skid plate ? I am trying to decide between the short/standard plate, I have 37's.
I have the short. There’s no reason for the standard. The receiver tube is longer, but it doesn’t need to be for the gladiator. My 37 fits fine with the short.

BUZZHEAD

First Name
BOB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JEEP RUBICAN GLADIATOR ,2016 HD SLIMS
Occupation
WEED PULLER
The Warfab Sheridan has an amazing closed recovery point. It’s also rounded for soft shackles. All the welds are visible and I can attest to its strength, as I’ve used it for recovery repeatedly.
I agree, after everything fell off the seats and I was looking at the ground out the windshield all you could hear was the skid plate sliding down.
Sponsored