Sponsored

Which of these 4 different sliders would you pick or have on your Gladiator:

SFBayArea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK
I am looking for a dual purpose sliders to put on my JT Rubicon. I want them to be durable enough in case I come down hard on the rock, or slide on the rock, don't want them to be hanging too low so it makes it look like jeep is lower than it is and last, but not least I want my 5.2' wife be able to use some sort of step to enter the Jeep on 37" tires with 3" lift.
So here are the sliders I am thinking about:
1. Go Rhino DSS4516T Dominator DSS - these look like maybe they are handing too low?
2. Fab Fours Tube Sliders - these look good and I like the way they curl up, but I think there is not much use as a step from these sliders?
3. N-Fab RKR Step System - these look to be winner over all, they have solid sliders and attachable steps, BUT, looks like they are tad short on both ends. In the pictures looks like these sliders are 2"-3" short on each end of the jeep exposing underbody sheet metal to rocks.
4. DV8 Offroad Bolt-on Side Steps (Black) - SRGL-03 - these looks somewhat unconventional, but not too low and maybe a good solution, especially since I consider getting DV8 rock skins.

I never seen any of these sliders in person, so would appreciate your comment, especially if you had one of these or have one these sliders or at least seen one of these sliders in person.

Thank you.
Sponsored

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
I had a set of DV8 step sliders. They bent into the rocker panel of my Jeep while sliding off a rock. They agreed to warranty them, and I sent them back. I then went with a set of Rusty's Rocker Armor with kicker tube, and am much more pleased. Whatever you decide, make sure they are strong enough for what you plan to do with them.

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
From your list & what you want... I dont think any are a really good match. I would look at the rockhard4x4 sliders. Angled down would be strong enough to use as a slider & make for a nice easy step. The options from ACE & JCR are also often highly recommended.

OP
OP

SFBayArea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK
From your list & what you want... I dont think any are a really good match. I would look at the rockhard4x4 sliders. Angled down would be strong enough to use as a slider & make for a nice easy step. The options from ACE & JCR are also often highly recommended.
I am considering Rockhard sliders, I just think step down would look weird, no?

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
I am considering Rockhard sliders, I just think step down would look weird, no?
There are a couple of threads here where they are discussed & plenty of pictures.

Personally I feel like anything outside of a slim slider looks funny. So basically every "step" outside of the 2k rockslide engineering ones. This also includes what I personally have so dont take me thinking they look funny into account.

Sponsored

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
Rock Hard angled up puts the top surface of the outer tube 4" below the door. Of course, the angled down option puts the tube lower, but you will lose some clearance for the rocks. They are strong but not heavier than need be. Check out the other threads for more info.

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
Rock Hard angled up puts the top surface of the outer tube 4" below the door. Of course, the angled down option puts the tube lower, but you will lose some clearance for the rocks. They are strong but not heavier than need be. Check out the other threads for more info.

Bottom of the round tube is higher than square tube bolted to pinch seam.

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
If you need a step that won't get torn off by the first big rock, the Rock Hard sliders are pretty much ideal. If you need the step closer to the ground, get the angled down--you will still get as much ground clearance as you can while having the step functionality. One reason I chose angled up was to give more door protection from mall rats.

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
I ordered the Rock Hard. Angled up. Wanted the protection from rocks and parking lot morons.
They mount to the body mounts and pinch. Can't wait. They are in next week.

Sponsored

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys, 2020 Gladiator
None of them.

Metalcloak sliders/steps combo

red/green hawk

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S with max tow package, 2008 Suburban LTZ
Occupation
ICU Nurse
I won the N-Fab RKR Step System from Quadratec on an Ebay auction. Got them for about $170. They were scratched up but nothing a little chassis touch up paint didn't cover. Thing I like about them is that they were cheap and that the steps are detachable and that they work great as ding protectors. Thing I don't like about them is that the are strictly rocker panel guards. They don't attach to the frame so can't use them as a jack point. But definitely worth the money.

NukeMomma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I canā€™t speak to the durability of Go Rhino against falling into rocks, but I bought the D6 model and absolutely love it- hereā€™s why:
Ding protection in parking lots.
Catches lots of small rocks the tires kick up.
I love the width as they hold my coffee or yeti or bag when I need a hand to open a door (Most used feature!)
Purchased optional bolt on drop steps for every day use (just remove them if youā€™re hitting the trails) - havenā€™t actually used these yet as Iā€™m still waiting on my lift/wheels/tires, but Iā€™m doing a 3ā€ And going 37ā€™s. Iā€™m barely 5ā€™4ā€
I did take it off road in CO this summer and loved them for everything above plus they made it easy to reach my freedom panels for off/on, Provided a nice step for adjusting hiking boots or changing shoes afterwards.
oh- and the width is nice because it allows me to step out of my Jeep instead of ā€˜slidingā€™ down which will eventually ruin the side of the seat.
One more thing- I put these on myself and it was a PITA, but I didnā€™t have the right tools and it was the first real thing Iā€™ve actually done to any vehicle, so if the DSS is a similar install itā€™s do-able!
Jeep Gladiator Which of these 4 different sliders would you pick or have on your Gladiator: FD62FB36-E464-46C3-808D-3D25CAC8340B
Jeep Gladiator Which of these 4 different sliders would you pick or have on your Gladiator: CD083152-3E71-43E6-BC1B-01C45D75FBD7

JET222

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Mojave
I had the Metalcloak sliders on my JKUR. You can flip them down for a step and flip them up for a slider. Best of both worlds.