Sponsored

Which of these Moab trails would you choose?

Rummie

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.siestakeyrum.com
Vehicle(s)
20 JT, 15 JKU, 22 BMW 4, Challenger R/T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rum
Vehicle Showcase
Heading to Moab in the spring. Taking my JTR that by then will have 3 1/2" lift, 37s, beefed up axles, skid plates, 5.13s, etc. We should be able to handle pretty difficult trails. We will also have a JKU tagging along that is on a 3" lift, 35s, but open diffs. They can ride with us on more difficult trails.

I'm looking at all of the BOH trails. Hoping those with Moab experience can chime in on which ones you would recommend and why. TIA

Steel Bender
Metal Masher
Hell’s Revenge
Fins N Things
Poison Spider
Cliffhanger
Top of the World
Elephant Hill

I know that I want to do Cliffhanger, Top of the World, and Hell's Revenge.

We have 7 or 8 days to fit in what we can.
Sponsored

ucijeepguy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, LJ,
Heading to Moab in the spring. Taking my JTR that by then will have 3 1/2" lift, 37s, beefed up axles, skid plates, 5.13s, etc. We should be able to handle pretty difficult trails. We will also have a JKU tagging along that is on a 3" lift, 35s, but open diffs. They can ride with us on more difficult trails.

I'm looking at all of the BOH trails. Hoping those with Moab experience can chime in on which ones you would recommend and why. TIA

Steel Bender
Metal Masher
Hell’s Revenge
Fins N Things
Poison Spider
Cliffhanger
Top of the World
Elephant Hill

I know that I want to do Cliffhanger, Top of the World, and Hell's Revenge.

We have 7 or 8 days to fit in what we can.
With 7 or 8 days you can do them all, depending on traffic. Theyre all fun and cant go wrong with any of them.

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
Do them all. You can do the majority of them stock. Youll have no trouble. I recommend heading to needles district and beef basin as well. The trail drive in arches also has some good views.

OP
OP
Rummie

Rummie

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.siestakeyrum.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rum
Vehicle Showcase
We'll spend some time exploring around the parks I imagine. As well as some hiking and just general campground stuff. So we won't have the full time dedicated to hitting trails. I didn't make that too clear.

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Elephant hill is the way out of needles district from beef basin. Great hiking in there. Fins and things is like a roller coaster.

Sponsored

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
We'll spend some time exploring around the parks I imagine. As well as some hiking and just general campground stuff. So we won't have the full time dedicated to hitting trails. I didn't make that too clear.
def depends on your priorities. But i think if you are motovated 8 days easy gets you all the trails and some hiking. Youll have a great time. I recommend packing a ton of water

OP
OP
Rummie

Rummie

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.siestakeyrum.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rum
Vehicle Showcase
Elephant hill is the way out of needles district from beef basin. Great hiking in there. Fins and things is like a roller coaster.
I need to figure out which ones tie together. Like doing Black Bear and Imogene. Do them both and you end up where you started.

OP
OP
Rummie

Rummie

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.siestakeyrum.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rum
Vehicle Showcase
def depends on your priorities. But i think if you are motovated 8 days easy gets you all the trails and some hiking. Youll have a great time. I recommend packing a ton of water
Good point. Our campground doesn't have water. They do have a dump station though. Our little teardrop carries 22 gallons and we have 4 exterior carriers to double that. We can run into town and fill the portable carriers if need be.

It's gonna be a blast!

Jeep Gladiator Which of these Moab trails would you choose? 63217603961__7A7696F0-5B8A-49AA-ACE1-7D8B632C7551.JPG

OP
OP
Rummie

Rummie

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.siestakeyrum.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rum
Vehicle Showcase
What about Pritchett Canyon? Are there bypasses for the really tough obstacles if we can't make it through them?

The videos I've seen make it look worse than the Rubicon Trail.

Sponsored

Elkaholic

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Willys Diesel
Occupation
Management
One of my favorite ... all day trips is a loop that starts at Onion Creek, goes up Hideout Canyon and on up towards Polar Mesa. You would have time to explore Polar Mesa then head generally South and follow Castleton-Gateway road. You can either follow that to Gateway CO and loop around or go through the Red Ranch on county roads and come back into Moab over LaSal Pass. Makes for a long day but you won’t see another soul and you will see some beautiful country

OP
OP
Rummie

Rummie

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.siestakeyrum.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rum
Vehicle Showcase
One of my favorite ... all day trips is a loop that starts at Onion Creek, goes up Hideout Canyon and on up towards Polar Mesa. You would have time to explore Polar Mesa then head generally South and follow Castleton-Gateway road. You can either follow that to Gateway CO and loop around or go through the Red Ranch on county roads and come back into Moab over LaSal Pass. Makes for a long day but you won’t see another soul and you will see some beautiful country
Sounds like a great day.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
And by the way, you can see a lot of neat stuff in a stoker. Took my wife and stepson to see Gemini bridges in this beast last summer
Jeep Gladiator Which of these Moab trails would you choose? FFB6C4FA-D73B-4BD9-969A-007291C08B86

We did have to replace a few filling when we got home 🤣
Hell ya

AZCooWhip

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Do them all. Hells Revenge and Fins is a blast. Great sunsets. Be sure and drive INTO Canyonlands. It’s a nice half day trip into canyon nothing difficult but a real nice drive. Do arches as well. Hell, you may even see them filming a commercial down there. We came across them filming the new Hummer ads.

Pick up one of these trail books as well. Worth the extra penny to have in the Jeep.

We are heading back for Easter week. Hoping COVID doesn’t take a dump on that. Enjoy!

7258C845-0C32-430A-8B6C-ABA60C4E7B68.jpeg

8D6F5109-C559-4028-85A7-DD0A338F9846.jpeg

F040F994-AACE-4E13-8401-98F075F3D1EB.jpeg

5CE4698B-394C-4BAF-BA78-A9B4733C1B87.jpeg

38423BB8-0677-4E32-81DD-4A03A1A10811.jpeg

92A4A1B2-D1DE-4461-BA3A-53A1B4407A55.jpeg
Sponsored