Sponsored

Who does their own mounting/balancing at home and what is your setup?

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
yeah mine were road forced. that may be the problem
I originally heard lots of people on here rave about it. So I mentioned to Mickey and they said please don’t.
Sponsored

PuddleJumper

First Name
Cortlund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' JTM, 22' JTR, 22' F56S,
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Lockheed Martin ASW Test Technician
Vehicle Showcase
I originally heard lots of people on here rave about it. So I mentioned to Mickey and they said please don’t.
I'll have to take her back to Discount and get em redone then.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I was specifically told, by Mickey Thomson, NOT to road force balance Baja boss ATs.
What was their reasoning? Not trying to start an argument, just poked around and found a couple of instances were people claimed road force balancing fixed their balance issues that dynamic balancing could not with their MT Baja Boss A/T's?

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/difficulty-balancing-35s.49761/#post-811773

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...mpson-baja-boss-balancing.82681/#post-1739129

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
What was their reasoning? Not trying to start an argument, just poked around and found a couple of instances were people claimed road force balancing fixed their balance issues that dynamic balancing could not with their MT Baja Boss A/T's?

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/difficulty-balancing-35s.49761/#post-811773

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...mpson-baja-boss-balancing.82681/#post-1739129
They didn’t say. I should have asked. It was 2022. My 5th wheel is actually off balance currently. I blew it off the wheel in Moab. I had a shop remount and balance, but it’s way off. They said they balanced it at 40psi, which I theorize is the issue. I need to get it remounted again anyway, as the TPMS in that wheel failed.

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XC90 - 23 JTM - 19 JLUR - 04 355 ZQ8
Occupation
USA(R), DoD Field Ops Engineer
currently shopping for a lift, balancer, mounter, and alignment rack. A buddy and I are planning on opening a 4x4 shop in Southern MD.
Need to contact a local Bendpak dealer. Buy once, cry once

Sponsored

PuddleJumper

First Name
Cortlund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Need to contact a local Bendpak dealer. Buy once, cry once
we will probably go gov. My buddy is a vet and there's a program that'll let us buy the equipment on the gov dime to start the business. idk if it requires us to use specific equipment or not yet. thanks for the rec.

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
we will probably go gov. My buddy is a vet and there's a program that'll let us buy the equipment on the gov dime to start the business. idk if it requires us to use specific equipment or not yet. thanks for the rec.
If he is 100% disabled with the VA, there are programs with the vocational rehab programs for equipment.......but I'm not 100% versed on that program. If you need assistance, let me know and I can research from my end

PuddleJumper

First Name
Cortlund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
If he is 100% disabled with the VA, there are programs with the vocational rehab programs for equipment.......but I'm not 100% versed on that program. If you need assistance, let me know and I can research from my end
Sure thing. Appreciate it

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sure thing. Appreciate it
Anytime. I'm 100% with the VA and there are a shit ton of programs out there......probably more then I know. One team, one fight

Sponsored

kickingaz

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel, 2018 Rubicon JLU
Occupation
Owner - New River Offroad
I have beadlock wheels on the Jeeps and you can hand mounted them in your garage with a little effort. I threw in a bag of balance beads and everything has been fine. Last ones I did were on my wife's JLUR and we are running Dirty Life beadlock wheels and AMP 37" tires. Also, I am a rep for Dirty Life and AMP as well as Body Armor so let me know if I can help anyone out with anything.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I have beadlock wheels on the Jeeps and you can hand mounted them in your garage with a little effort. I threw in a bag of balance beads and everything has been fine. Last ones I did were on my wife's JLUR and we are running Dirty Life beadlock wheels and AMP 37" tires. Also, I am a rep for Dirty Life and AMP as well as Body Armor so let me know if I can help anyone out with anything.
I seriously considered Beadlocks just for the self service. I decided I wanted to save weight as I’m heavy already.
Sponsored