Manual is the life for me, (drove JL's)

alwyslpy

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Went out to drive a auto Sahara and manual sport. I have to say, the sport with a manual transmission and soft top was wayyyyyyy more at home for me. The one and only thing I could complain about is the fact that there really is no where to put your clutch foot other than under the clutch on longer stretches of no clutch action. Did not like that but def not a deal breaker for me. Solidified my decision to get a manual.
Sponsored

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
Went out to drive a auto Sahara and manual sport. I have to say, the sport with a manual transmission and soft top was wayyyyyyy more at home for me. The one and only thing I could complain about is the fact that there really is no where to put your clutch foot other than under the clutch on longer stretches of no clutch action. Did not like that but def not a deal breaker for me. Solidified my decision to get a manual.
Great report. I am going to try and drive both trannys in a JL tonight.

hoch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
It's weird they didn't put a dead pedal on the JL's nor the JT's. I've seen some aftermarket options, but seems cumbersome to install.

OP
OP

alwyslpy

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Great report. I am going to try and drive both trannys in a JL tonight.
Yeah. The auto.. well felt like just another truck.. the long throw in the manual was awesome.. it was trucky haha

OP
OP

alwyslpy

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
It's weird they didn't put a dead pedal on the JL's nor the JT's. I've seen some aftermarket options, but seems cumbersome to install.
I couldn't imagine where they would put it.. I thought having the door off would be perfect. Could rest your foot in the door well
Sponsored