Not open for further replies.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
It was a life saver in the West TX, AZ and NM late June heat (hit high 90s by 10am and scorched over a 100 daily) on the road trip we took. Very noticeable difference within feeling the thermal waves coming down from the thin top. Plus there was a good side effect in keeping the stereo sounding better.
I know man last week I could hardly touch the freedom panels to take off they were so hot. We were hitting in the 100's + here in Houston with not a lot of clouds
Sponsored

brancky3

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator Sport S
The Sunrider was in my garage for at least a month before the Gladiator arrived last summer. You can go topless in less than 10 seconds and don't have to store the bulky Freedom Panels.
Exactly why I got the soft top! Full topless in less than 10 seconds. Best decision for me

HooliganActual

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Vector JKE bar and assorted RAM Mount holders for phones, GPS, etc. Use them every time I get in the vehicle. There are a lot of other good mods that I've done but that is the most noticeably useful one so far. Honorable mention to the Dara Mounted holster under the driver seat though..

Empty Pockets

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S, Sting Ray, 6 Speed (YES!)
My Sunrider is absolutely my favorite thing(Rain drops on roses and whiskers on kittens, hard apple cider and Bestop's Sunrider....). Had a guy follow me into the grocery store just to get a look at it one day. Said he was ordering one before he left the parking lot. It is fantastic!

Cwelroy

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JT Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Healthcare
Definitely worth the sticker price. And always go for the nicer fabric. It will last longer and it just looks nicer.

I was at my local dealership the other day and a few of the sales guys came out and asked me what it was and how it worked. Couldn’t believe they hadn’t ever seen the Sunrider before! Maybe that’s why I drove 320 miles round trip to get my Gladiator elsewhere.

Sponsored

wiredup60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2012 Audi R8, 2018 Land Rover LR4
Vector JKE bar and assorted RAM Mount holders for phones, GPS, etc. Use them every time I get in the vehicle. There are a lot of other good mods that I've done but that is the most noticeably useful one so far. Honorable mention to the Dara Mounted holster under the driver seat though..
Please tell me more on how you mounted it under the seat.

HooliganActual

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Please tell me more on how you mounted it under the seat.
Bought one of these for my JKU:
https://www.daraholsters.com/dara-mounted-holster-with-tough-claw/
The one for the JKU won't work on the Gladiator because the bar that you mount to is smaller and position further back (so the arm isn't long enough).

So I bought these 3 items:
Holster: https://www.daraholsters.com/mountable-holster-standard/
Arm: https://www.rammount.com/part/RAM-B-201-201U-C
Clamp: https://www.rammount.com/part/RAM-B-408-37-62U

firemedic2714

First Name
Scotty P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JT Rubicon, 19 Genesis G70, 1972 Ford LTD coupe
Occupation
Firefighter / Paramedic
Vehicle Showcase
The purchase of a soft top was definitely my best mod so far. Luckily for me I was able to locate one still in the sealed box about 45 min. from my house for $900! I know that was like a small lottery win and probably won't happen again. IDK how much a Sunrider is but it can't be much less than that.
Don't let the Sunrider people fool you. I'm able to fold the "man-bun" back on a whim, too. I can unbuckle at a red light and have it folded back without leaving the driver's seat and it's open air for the back seat passengers, too.
It's a matter of 2 min. to have the rear window and the C-post parts of the top removed (<1 min. if you have help from a passenger) and it's open air driving for everyone. I'm also able to unfold the top at a stoplight and put it back if a cloud burst surprises me.
When the sun's really intense, unfolding the top while the rear window's removed like a 50's Willy's Surrey is the way I like to roll(see photo). I still love the hardtop for the winter, though.
My Rokbloks splash guards and N-Fab rock rails with removable steps tie for a close second.

20200717_114306.jpg

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The purchase of a soft top was definitely my best mod so far. Luckily for me I was able to locate one still in the sealed box about 45 min. from my house for $900! I know that was like a small lottery win and probably won't happen again. IDK how much a Sunrider is but it can't be much less than that.
Don't let the Sunrider people fool you. I'm able to fold the "man-bun" back on a whim, too. I can unbuckle at a red light and have it folded back without leaving the driver's seat and it's open air for the back seat passengers, too.
It's a matter of 2 min. to have the rear window and the C-post parts of the top removed (<1 min. if you have help from a passenger) and it's open air driving for everyone. I'm also able to unfold the top at a stoplight and put it back if a cloud burst surprises me.
When the sun's really intense, unfolding the top while the rear window's removed like a 50's Willy's Surrey is the way I like to roll(see photo). I still love the hardtop for the winter, though.
My Rokbloks splash guards and N-Fab rock rails with removable steps tie for a close second.

Jeep Gladiator Why did we wait?  Best Mod to date.. 20200717_114306
How did you get the N-Fabs I tried to get those and they told me they were not compatible with the Gladiator. Man that ticks me off

wiredup60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2012 Audi R8, 2018 Land Rover LR4
Bought one of these for my JKU:
https://www.daraholsters.com/dara-mounted-holster-with-tough-claw/
The one for the JKU won't work on the Gladiator because the bar that you mount to is smaller and position further back (so the arm isn't long enough).

So I bought these 3 items:
Holster: https://www.daraholsters.com/mountable-holster-standard/
Arm: https://www.rammount.com/part/RAM-B-201-201U-C
Clamp: https://www.rammount.com/part/RAM-B-408-37-62U
what part under the seat did you mount it to?

Sponsored

firemedic2714

First Name
Scotty P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Firefighter / Paramedic
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe Jeep can start offering it as a factory option- Bestop is the OE supplier for soft tops, so that should speed up the validation process.
Nope. That would eat into their soft top sales.

firemedic2714

First Name
Scotty P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Firefighter / Paramedic
Vehicle Showcase
How did you get the N-Fabs I tried to get those and they told me they were not compatible with the Gladiator. Man that ticks me off
I just did a Google search for "2020 jeep gladiator n-fab rock rails". The N-Fab part no. for them is: J194TRKRS. I love them. The rails aren't quite as sturdy as my factory ones are, but I'm 5'10" tall and the steps are in the perfect spot and make it so much easier to get in and out. They're available with and without steps so make sure you're ordering the right ones.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just did a Google search for "2020 jeep gladiator n-fab rock rails". The N-Fab part no. for them is: J194TRKRS. I love them. The rails aren't quite as sturdy as my factory ones are, but I'm 5'10" tall and the steps are in the perfect spot and make it so much easier to get in and out. They're available with and without steps so make sure you're ordering the right ones.
I wanted them because of the removable steps but when chatted with the people at NFab they told me that version was not compatible with the gladiator so I ordered some other steps which are on their way. Ah well I'll see if I like these steps and if not then will take them off and look at the NFab

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Holy Cow guys!!! I'm so thrilled to see the Sunrider for Hardtop so many times in this thread! You've hit on a few things that I always try to mention too, the heat soak that the Hardtop has and the fact that you need oven mitts to remove the Freedom panels when it's nice out.

This is a very neat thread idea!!

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.