Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
757BA935-B172-43CA-B62F-E19D7712A280.jpeg
View attachment 45630

DylanR,

This is my second M235, what a boat!
My lake is full of G-23’s, they all surf 5’ behind their boat. My kids are about 15’ behind mine. We’ve had fun with the Bu after having several MasterCraft’s. All the boats in that price range are nice but the Malibu just checked off all the right boxes for us.
Look at the little rippers out there shedding! I am currently on my 3rd Axis a T22... love it! the wake is boosting and the surf wave is phenomenal. I am like you I have previously owned another Malibu... and three other Mastercraft’s, the last Mastercraft being an XStar... the lake is a huge part of our life. Let me know if you ever get down to TN— Dale Hollow and we will hit the water. :rock:

mmollo

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, 1985 CJ7, F-250, BMW X5, Ferrari California, Lamborghini Aventador
Look at the little rippers out there shedding! I am currently on my 3rd Axis a T22... love it! the wake is boosting and the surf wave is phenomenal. I am like you I have previously owned another Malibu... and three other Mastercraft’s, the last Mastercraft being an XStar... the lake is a huge part of our life. Let me know if you ever get down to TN— Dale Hollow and we will hit the water. :rock:
Deal. If you get near the DFW area let me know. My lake house is in Gainesville, about an hour North of Dallas.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
This is how it works for us - my truck needed new tires - so I bought the Gladiator.
The silverado was big and I didn't often put big things in the Chevy box and it wouldn't fit in our FULL garage and barely fit into the lean-to of my shop. Those were other reasons, uh, well, excuses.

Back in about 1990 when my wife's Camaro needed a front end alignment - we had trouble finding a shop that could do it, and that I trusted (lived in a house with no garage and all my tools were in storage) so we traded cars. It was easier.

When my son was looking for a car a while back - I went along with him to help him pick one out and my wife and I ended up trading her Grand Cherokee for a new one. Hey, we were at a dealership anyway, so it wasn't out of our way at all.

Any excuse....... need tires? Buy a new truck. Oops, the Jeep truck won't haul a heavy trailer - wife says - so go buy a lighter trailer.
That's ok, my other trailer needed tires anyway.
And we've had great luck with her Jeeps.

Bacon

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR-LE
I had both an F350 and a JKU (2nd Jeep I’ve owned) and only one spot in the driveway, but I have to occasionally tow our travel trailer. I will always own a Jeep. So I them both and bought a GCM LE off a lot nearby. The gladiator scratches two itches for me.

Sponsored

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
It's simple: I want a Jeep but need a truck. Prior to the Gladiator you couldn't have both without two loan payments and two insurance premiums. The Gladiator checks off all the boxes.

jrf

First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition (White), 2001 TJ Sahara (white)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm still trying to get over this and figure out viable options.
Cold weather package gets you heated seats/wheel and remote start. 2 of those three things are very easy to add aftermarket. So if you can live without a heated steering wheel...seems like that's a good compromise...

Bacon

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR-LE
Cold weather package gets you heated seats/wheel and remote start. 2 of those three things are very easy to add aftermarket. So if you can live without a heated steering wheel...seems like that's a good compromise...
it was 20F each of the last two mornings. Remote start that heats the seat and wheel is absolutely amazing.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
it was 20F each of the last two mornings. Remote start that heats the seat and wheel is absolutely amazing.
It was 5 here earlier this week - with a high of about 15 -
oh yay to heated wheel when you have fingers that have been in the table saw, smashed by differentials, and other things, and have Raynaud's to boot.

Tim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
It's simple: I want a Jeep but need a truck. Prior to the Gladiator you couldn't have both without two loan payments and two insurance premiums. The Gladiator checks off all the boxes.
Couldn't have said it any better...

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

Karnivoolfan

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Baja
Exactly

I am considering is just buying the harness and parts and doing it myself after I buy the truck

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Out of the 3, the heated steering wheel is my favorite and by far the most useful. For $995, that package was a good deal.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Out of the 3, the heated steering wheel is my favorite and by far the most useful. For $995, that package was a good deal.
And for now mine sits under a lean-to exposed to full cold temps and sometimes snow and frost - so the remote start was needed. My Chevy had that and I used it a lot. Didn't have the heated wheel though - and I always wished it had so I insisted on the cold weather group on this baby. Even my WJ and Javelin and my wife's Grand Cherokee sit in a detached unheated garage where it can get down to 0 or less and my wife uses the remote start a lot - she doesn't like the heated wheel and seats so much but if I have to move that thing, I use 'em. My shop is heated, climate control year-around but no room to park anything else in there until I get my niece's car restored.

BLK HOLE

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
There are ways to buy vehicles without loans.
Sponsored