First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Wage Slave
Had a JKU and went into an F150. Nice truck but always missed my Jeep so went into a Gladiator.
Sponsored

WhippetTaxi

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2017 Lotus Evora 410, 2011 BMW 1M, 2001 F250
Occupation
Retired
Looks like the poll closed last year, but my decision was also in the ā€œjust wanted oneā€ category. I sold/traded my 2004 Wrangler Rubicon, but kept my F250. Now I have two crew cab 4x4 pickups. I know which one will get the most miles in the foreseeable future.

DunnMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Put me in the 'just wanted one' category. I had a 2015 F150 Platinum, which honestly is an excellent vehicle but there are literally millions of them on the road, I wanted something a bit more unique. Still waiting for my Stingray Rubicon to show up but I'm hoping I get used to the much smaller cab. My supercrew F150 had so much room it was crazy.

TJDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Motorized toy collector
Sold all three of these for one vehicle to license, insure, and maintain. The Gladiator does the job of all 3.

20180706_092147.jpg
20200412_122650.jpg
20180402_103850.jpg
20200621_114639.jpg

Bback58

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland automatic, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys, 2 dr, 6 spd.
Had a 97 TJ and loved it. Saw the 2005 Gladiator concept and really wanted that. Read quite a while back Jeep was coming out with a pickup so was patiently waiting for that to happen. I was very disappointed that they did not have a 2 door supercab like the concept and really didn't want the long 4 door in my garage, but when push came to shove, I couldn't resist the Gladiator. I ordered mine last week. Now the wait . . . . . . .

Sponsored

PDiddy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Architectural Illustrator
Had a 4Runner and was planning on getting the new bronco. I eve had a deposit on one since the first night they were taking reservations. Then we decided to buy a travel trailer so the bronco was out of the question.

I went with the Gladiator because it had good towing and it is totally badass. I didnā€™t want to buy something just to tow with. I wanted to love driving the truck. Plus we can do some 4Xing when we go camping.

My wife is now planning on getting a bronco, so Iā€™m still pretty excited about that as well.

atxatxatx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WK2Grand Cherokee,Gladiator Mojave
I had a JKU which I greatly enjoyed, I wasn't immediately needing to change to a JL when they came out. With the Gladiator it obviously had the trunk bed and greater towing capability. I was drawn to having a nicer interior, more safety items and tech, the 8 speed auto is also very nice. The Gladiator offers me more opportunity to have an outdoor lifestyle, expand on my photography, and I plan on having a portable tent on the bed. On top of that my daughter loves the truck bed.
With the Mojave spec, the current high trade-in values and a good dealer discount I made the move to the JT.

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Picture sums up most of it. Most versatile, suitable vehicle for my lifestyle. I camp, off-road, haul, tow, daily drive, drive in the beach and go topless, doorless. Part of the family. OlllllllO

5F54E63A-F5D3-4083-8423-00A13B64CC3B.jpeg

Sponsored

JTBurns

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
I always liked the Wranglers though never really considered buying one. I had a 2012 Nissan Sentra that had been paid off with over 80K that I drove around for a while mainly because I was being cheap. I wanted a mid-sized truck next to help with DIY projects around the house and to haul away junk and yard waste. I was probably going to buy a used Tacoma, as the Gladiator wasn't even my radar until I pulled up next to one about a year ago and from that point on my mind was made up the JT was next for me. We bought a new house, settling in January and then sold our old house during the beginning of Covid (fun times, NOT!) But finally got that settlement check on 4/30, and less than a month later, I had my Gator! The wait was well worth it, as I'm smiling ear to ear every time I drive or even look at it.
15998315698226305961773381845304.jpg

Gladiator Girl

First Name
Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Florist
Vehicle Showcase
I have a theory that most Gladiator purchases are not required purchases, allowing the buyer to either have a lot of extra cash and pay MSRP, or be patient and pay on the buyer's terms.
I had to have one. If I really like something I go out and get it. Had my 2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited for such a short time. Didnā€™t take much to trade it in on a Gladiator. Lost about 6k but thatā€™s okay. You have to love what you drive!!!

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
If I can find a way to afford something, I get it/buy it.
I saw one, I wanted one, and my Chevy I had at the time was a bit large for so many things. It solved me urge for a different truck, for a truck I could actually finally fit into my garage area (with a week's worth of cleaning, tossing and giving stuff away - literally) and my urge to have a Jeep beyond my Grand Cherokees I've always loved.
I sold one of my Javelins, sold my Silverado to a Chevy dealer, used some of the money I inherited from my father and bought a Gladiator.

JokerDroid

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
My first post here seems appropriate to be a "how I got here" post! I've always wanted a Jeep since I learned to drive a stick on way back when. Unfortunately with the miles I was driving and only being able to afford one vehicle at the time I never got one. A little over a year ago my situation changed. I wasn't driving nearly much, my finances increased, and I paid off my car. My plan was simple: save money for a year and buy a Jeep!!! As the time approached the Gladiator came out. At first I was opposed. Didn't much care for the idea of a Jeep truck. Fortunately for me my better half was pushing for it. She liked the idea of a truck for the house and also wanted something to take the top off and go off-roading in. Her cousin had just leased one so we went and checked it out. I was sold! He had the doors off and the top off and once I sat in it it was over!

So we were off to the local dealership. Test drive a couple and landed on a '20 Rubicon that was a "demo" model. Silly me thought that meant I'd get a better deal cause there was about 2K miles on it already. They moved like 5K on price and that was it, even though I was paying most of it in cash. So we left (they've since called 3 times dropping price each time ). My better half then found the Mojave trim online and told me to check it out. I did some research and it sounded perfect since I don't plan on any hardcore rock climbing and would prefer more of a higher speed off road and New England streets are basically that anyways!

So off to another dealership that had a Mojave on the lot. The test drive was awesome! Tom (the sales guy, great guy) just gave us the keys and said come back whenever. We had that thing for almost 3 hours! Went to lunch, found a dirt road to drive down, even let the teenager with his permit drive a little ! As soon as we got back I began the process of ordering one that was exactly what I wanted. That was Oct 10. Just heard from him yesterday that it is built and scheduled for delivery between Nov. 18 - 22! Hope to have my first ever Jeep before Thanksgiving! Now that's something to be thankful for!!!

Horde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland. 2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
I've always owned RAMS and Wrangler at the same time. When the lease was up on the RAM I went for the Gladiator as a replacement. I loved the RAM but it's more truck than I need now. Plus, I want a convertible truck.
Sponsored