Sponsored

Wider wheel on same tires used on a narrower wheel??

Wbrook24

First Name
West
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator rubicon
0 will stick out further then +18. The bigger the +# the less poke you will have. So +44 will be less poke then +22 and keeps counting down to 0 then the negative numbers poke further and further out. 0 will be about what your current setup looks like and anything negative would be even further out.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Sarge502

Sarge502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Vehicle Showcase
Your 1.75" spacers equals 44 mm, so you're at 0 right now. So to maintain that without spacers you need 0 offset wheels. Will keep your wheel and tire combo basically the same.
Will be a little different depending on the width of wheel you go with.

Thanks. I'm looking to go with an 18X8.5 possibly. For some reason on KMCs website when I select my vehicle to ensure fitment, now its saying they wont fit for whatever reason. Which I know is incorrect cause I've seen other people on this thread with the same wheels. So I dunno. The only options with that wheel in an 18inch is 0 and +18. so I think the 0 would keep me about the same based off your alls imput.

In any case appreciate the clarification and assistance.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Your good from 7.5 to 10, I wouldn't sweat it. I've considered going to a 17x9 steel wheel on mine but can't shake the love for my stock steelies. I guess as soon as they get enough rust on them to justify the swap, then I'll do it

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
Thanks. I'm looking to go with an 18X8.5 possibly. For some reason on KMCs website when I select my vehicle to ensure fitment, now its saying they wont fit for whatever reason. Which I know is incorrect cause I've seen other people on this thread with the same wheels. So I dunno. The only options with that wheel in an 18inch is 0 and +18. so I think the 0 would keep me about the same based off your alls imput.

In any case appreciate the clarification and assistance.
You can't go by their fitment guides. If you get outside stock parameters they kick you out of a wheel. If it's the diameter you want, the width you want, the offset you want, and 5x5 bolt pattern, you're good.
Sponsored