Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: TJx2, JKx1, JKUx1
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Architect
Rookie mistake, thanks for the heads up.
Not a mistake. Level is in the eye of the beholder. A frame leveled rubi (or mojave) looks wildly off IMO given the front fenders are mounted so high. I'm OCD like that but yeah, with the rubi/mojave, if you level via fenders your rear is physically very high. If you level via frame, the nose looks like it's pointed at the sky. It's the elephant in the room that nobody talks about for some reason but it's glaringly obvious if you have an eye (or obsession) for symmetry. The Willys doesn't have this issue nearly as much given the sport S fenders its equipped with so if you want it to be physically level, use the frame. If you want it to visually appear level, measure gap. I gauge level via gap 100% of the time.

Gladiator Greg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Willys Gladiator
Rookie mistake, thanks for the heads up.
So I just measured mine, frame is 1 inch high in the front, ground to fender opening, 2.5 inches high in front. SO... if you want actual level, there are some 1.5 in kits available. One of the reasons I went with the RC kit is I liked that it came with new sway bar links, the others don't, but they say they don't need them with the 1.5 inch lift.

Jstrick

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Not a mistake. Level is in the eye of the beholder. A frame leveled rubi (or mojave) looks wildly off IMO given the front fenders are mounted so high. I'm OCD like that but yeah, with the rubi/mojave, if you level via fenders your rear is physically very high. If you level via frame, the nose looks like it's pointed at the sky. It's the elephant in the room that nobody talks about for some reason but it's glaringly obvious if you have an eye (or obsession) for symmetry. The Willys doesn't have this issue nearly as much given the sport S fenders its equipped with so if you want it to be physically level, use the frame. If you want it to visually appear level, measure gap. I gauge level via gap 100% of the time.

Makes sense. I am not so much concerned with improving off road performance dramatically or anything like that. I just think leveled trucks are much more visually appealing. Plus its a daily driver with the kids so I don't want to get too crazy. Just something I can throw some true 33-34 inch tires under and call it a day.

Garemlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Willys Gladiator
How much lift did the rubicon front springs give you? Im not looking to change the back springs, just want a little more leveled out look. Did you go to a wider tire also? Running wheel spacers?

That Nacho color is sweet.....

The Rubicon springs gave about a 3/4 lift. No wheel spacers. I would never run them. Tires are 11" vs the stock 10".

Sponsored

Sleighman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Gladiator
Occupation
Retired LEO
Vehicle Showcase
In case anyone is interested in up grading or changing to the Rubicon Eco Diesel Take off suspension here is my experience and measurements. My before and after measurements include the following. Before: added 1.5 TerraFlex level and RC Steel Bumper and Smitty Bilt Xrc winch. After: Installed 1.5 with Eco suspension and up graded to Adjustable Front and Rear Trac bars Tier 3 (Core 4X4) to further keep things properly aligned I also installed the RockJock driveshaft carrier bearing drop kit. On the Willys you will not need the sway bar end links ront or rear they are identical. You also don't need to change out the lower control arms they are the exact same part number. This setup is very nice. Firms up the JT. Feels more planted in the curves and less bouncy over broken pavement or rough dirt roads at speed. I drove it for about an hr after install on all types of terrain then took my measurements in my level garage and in the exact same spot from my before measurements. I also have my before and after tape measurement photos if anyone needs to see them. I included the after pic's.

Jeep Gladiator WILLYS Edition Gladiator JT Club Screenshot_20210617-194929_Gallery

Jeep Gladiator WILLYS Edition Gladiator JT Club 20210617_162734

Jeep Gladiator WILLYS Edition Gladiator JT Club 20210617_162656

Jeep Gladiator WILLYS Edition Gladiator JT Club 20210617_162515

Jeep Gladiator WILLYS Edition Gladiator JT Club 20210617_183627

Jeep Gladiator WILLYS Edition Gladiator JT Club 20210617_183648

Jeep Gladiator WILLYS Edition Gladiator JT Club 20210617_183659

Jeep Gladiator WILLYS Edition Gladiator JT Club 20210617_183714

Jeep Gladiator WILLYS Edition Gladiator JT Club 20210617_183731

Last edited:

Jstrick

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I just measured mine, frame is 1 inch high in the front, ground to fender opening, 2.5 inches high in front. SO... if you want actual level, there are some 1.5 in kits available. One of the reasons I went with the RC kit is I liked that it came with new sway bar links, the others don't, but they say they don't need them with the 1.5 inch lift.
Thats why I was looking at the 1.5 inch Teraflex kit. It got me real close on the gap, and everything I read said anything under 2 inches doesn't really need additional upgrades. Plus I figure I could still throw a 33-34 inch tire under it thats a little wider with a spacer and call it a day.

Gladiator Greg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Willys Gladiator
I noticed I had one wheel off the driveway and lower, so today I parked on some flat, level asphalt at work, and was shocked at the difference. From the ground to the rock-rails the front is still 1/2 in lower (8.75" vs 9.25" IIRC), the fender openings from the ground are exactly the same (37.75" IIRC). So I guess the RC is just about as perfect as you could want, shout out to ROUGH COUNTRY!

PS. She's getting some summer wheels and tires later today!

Jeep Gladiator WILLYS Edition Gladiator JT Club 20210618_082241

Jstrick

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I noticed I had one wheel off the driveway and lower, so today I parked on some flat, level asphalt at work, and was shocked at the difference. From the ground to the rock-rails the front is still 1/2 in lower (8.75" vs 9.25" IIRC), the fender openings from the ground are exactly the same (37.75" IIRC). So I guess the RC is just about as perfect as you could want, shout out to ROUGH COUNTRY!

PS. She's getting some summer wheels and tires later today!

20210618_082241.jpg

Thats pretty interesting. Maybe I need to go with the Rough Country kit and call it a day......

Did you upgrade the shocks? It looks like it comes with shock relocation brackets to use the stock shocks. Any issues with it?

Sponsored

Gladiator Greg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Willys Gladiator
Thats pretty interesting. Maybe I need to go with the Rough Country kit and call it a day......

Did you upgrade the shocks? It looks like it comes with shock relocation brackets to use the stock shocks. Any issues with it?
Used the relocation brackets. The Willys comes with a pretty good shock. When I have to replace shocks, I'll get some longer ones and remove the brackets.

cafecito

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave, Granite Crystal
Occupation
Corporate Tool
you’ll need to purchase a new grill and all the trim pieces to accomplish that. Your willys grill is all one piece
So, if I were to want a body colored grill on a Willy's, all of the black on the front would come off as one piece? I wouldn't have to find a bunch of different body colored trim pieces?

Glad_he_ate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator Willie's ecodiesel
Occupation
Union electrician
Picked up two weeks ago
21 eco diesel. Loving it !
Jeep Gladiator WILLYS Edition Gladiator JT Club 7904A4C6-D9F9-465F-85DC-BEB1261BB82A
Sponsored