First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Security
I was recently given a set of Willy's shocks and control arms. I was told the shocks are built by Bilstein. Anyone know if that's true?

I have a 2020 max tow...I am curious if adding these Willy's shocks will make my truck ride any different than the shocks that came on my truck. I don't want to pay to have basically the same components installed.
Sponsored

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
I was recently given a set of Willy's shocks and control arms. I was told the shocks are built by Bilstein. Anyone know if that's true?

I have a 2020 max tow...I am curious if adding these Willy's shocks will make my truck ride any different than the shocks that came on my truck. I don't want to pay to have basically the same components installed.
Yes, the Max Tow has special, progressive springs in the rear to help with payload and tongue weight of trailers for towing capability.

OP
OP

hickman785

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Security
Yes, the Max Tow has special, progressive springs in the rear to help with payload and tongue weight of trailers for towing capability.
I'm asking about the shocks, not the springs...I know the springs are heavy duty

Sponsored

MntMan

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Control arms are no different then what you have now. The willys package shocks are the same as the rubicon shocks. There ya go. Thread closed.

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
So the Willys has the Fox shocks?

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase

Can you post pictures of the shocks?
What are the part numbers on them?

FCA used a Bilstein shock for the Power Hop damper. It would not be unusual to use them on various models.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
The rubi shocks make the max tow fee a little softer on the road to me. Ive been pleased with the swap.

Also curious about what the willys ones look like

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Control arms are no different then what you have now. The willys package shocks are the same as the rubicon shocks. There ya go. Thread closed.
On a JL, yes, it gets the Rubicon shocks. I don’t think the Gladiator Willys gets the Fox Shocks from the Rubicon Gladiator. It could, but I haven’t seen that.

Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
On a JL, yes, it gets the Rubicon shocks. I don’t think the Gladiator Willys gets the Fox Shocks from the Rubicon Gladiator. It could, but I haven’t seen that.
I do not think it does either. Found one dealer photo of an on the lot Willys and the shock was not a Fox shock and looked like a standard black body shock seen on the other non rubicon models. That is not to say there is not a specific part number shock for the Willys, just it is not the Rubicon Gladiator shocks.

shock.jpg

MntMan

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase

Dartboy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Miata, 21 MaxTow
Occupation
Facilities Maintenance
The Jeep website describes the Willys shocks only as "Red Heavy Duty." Only the Rubicon and Mojave mention Fox shocks. I'd think if the Willys had them, it would be called out. It would seem odd to me for Jeep to make the same shock in two different colors, so I'd suspect the Willys at least has a different tuning than the Sport/Overland but that's just a guess.
Sponsored