Sponsored

Wind Noise in A Pillar/Door Flag

Coachcal

Well-Known Member
First Name
Aidan
Joined
Oct 12, 2020
Threads
19
Messages
113
Reaction score
57
Location
Burnet, TX
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Education
I have a developed a whistling coming in around my A Pillar. I used painter's tape to isolate it to the little triangle in the front, bottom corner of the door. Has anyone else had the same issue and how did you resolve it? I didn't see anything when searching.
Sponsored

 

OHJeeper

Well-Known Member
First Name
Austin
Joined
Oct 27, 2021
Threads
8
Messages
1,246
Reaction score
1,521
Location
Ohio
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTR, '08 JKUX, '08 JKUS
I had it on my JL. They replaced that triangle piece under warranty (there is a foam seal underneath that got deformed). No issues since...

I rode around with electrical tape all over my A-pillar trying to track it down ?
 

DBravo

Well-Known Member
First Name
Dean
Joined
Aug 16, 2020
Threads
2
Messages
465
Reaction score
652
Location
Boston, MA
Vehicle(s)
20' JT Gladiator Overland Punkin' Orange Metallic, 21' JL Sahara Firecracker Red
I experience this occasionally - usually when highway driving when it's windy
 

sdk131

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 27, 2020
Threads
11
Messages
342
Reaction score
529
Location
Calvert County, MD
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow - Sarge Green
Pryed the piece out, applied silicone sealant, re-inserted piece, wiped off the silicone that squished out...problem solved.
 

ZoMojave

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2022
Threads
16
Messages
1,098
Reaction score
1,617
Location
MW
Vehicle(s)
Sold

Mjolnir

Well-Known Member
First Name
Alex
Joined
Apr 5, 2019
Threads
8
Messages
771
Reaction score
661
Location
Dirty Jerz
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys, 2020 Gladiator
There were a few threads regarding this, but they are absolutely buried as those issues were posted about 2+ years ago.

Take the plastic triangle off and reseal it.
Sponsored

 
 







Top