Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Private Investigator
Vehicle Showcase
So I just joined the Gladiator club a little over two weeks ago and I've been pretty happy with it, except for one issue. The first time I took it on the highway, I noticed some pretty loud whistling/wind noise on the driver side once I hit 60kmh (about 40mph). Not a big deal, I though I'll take it in and they'll cover it under warranty. So I had it in last week and they replaced the seal along the top of the windshield. They called me after and said that the whistling is still present, but that I could come pick it up as they are waiting on parts for the next fix. After picking up my JT I quickly noticed a scratch on the windshield. It's fairly small and faint, but doesn't feel great to have a new vehicle get a scratch from what should be a small warranty fix. But then when I was looking over it today, I noticed scratches on the driver door where they pried open the door panel. Since it's the weekend I haven't had a chance to speak to service dept. yet, but I was wondering what do you guys think is reasonable for me to expect in this scenario? I really like my new JT and I'm coming from owning 2 JKU's in the past, but this whole scenario just has me a little pissed off.

JT1.jpg

JT2.jpg
You and the Service Manager need to chat
Sponsored

Deleted member 30519

Don't back down if they initially deny the repair. I had some dealership monkeys jack up my visor with an exacto knife putting an inspection sticker on my JL. The service manager told me there was no way his guys could of done that kind of damage. I told him I was gonna call Chrysler and report it. He changed his tune real quick.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
So I just joined the Gladiator club a little over two weeks ago and I've been pretty happy with it, except for one issue. The first time I took it on the highway, I noticed some pretty loud whistling/wind noise on the driver side once I hit 60kmh (about 40mph). Not a big deal, I though I'll take it in and they'll cover it under warranty. So I had it in last week and they replaced the seal along the top of the windshield. They called me after and said that the whistling is still present, but that I could come pick it up as they are waiting on parts for the next fix. After picking up my JT I quickly noticed a scratch on the windshield. It's fairly small and faint, but doesn't feel great to have a new vehicle get a scratch from what should be a small warranty fix. But then when I was looking over it today, I noticed scratches on the driver door where they pried open the door panel. Since it's the weekend I haven't had a chance to speak to service dept. yet, but I was wondering what do you guys think is reasonable for me to expect in this scenario? I really like my new JT and I'm coming from owning 2 JKU's in the past, but this whole scenario just has me a little pissed off.
Hi @JKU_Recce - Apologies for the trouble, just had a chance to respond to your PM on this!

Mark
Jeep Cares

B-RAD

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator (on order)
Occupation
Fleet Manager
And there it is. I canā€™t imagine they wonā€™t make it right. The owner should be made aware absolutely.

Sponsored

OP
OP
JKU_Recce

JKU_Recce

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU Rubicon
Hey guys thanks for all the replies I spoke with a service manager and he was very respectful of my concerns and started looking into it right away. He spoke with the techs who worked on the Jeep and they said they didnā€™t open the panel as there was no need for the service they were doing. The service manager mentioned that the damage looked like it could have been caused by the buckle getting caught and having the door close on it. After taking another look at it I think thatā€™s absolutely possible and more likely. I canā€™t say for sure it didnā€™t happen under my care due to that. Weā€™re still waiting on parts to fix the sealing issue under warranty and they have agreed to replace the windshield since they did own that scratch. Not the perfect outcome but like they shit happens.

OP
OP
JKU_Recce

JKU_Recce

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU Rubicon
You do realize that the cabin will always be windy af right?
Iā€™ve owned and driven a Wrangler since 2011 so Iā€™m familiar to the sounds of a brick in a head wind as well as the hood buffeting semis. This is definitely a loud whistle caused by a bad seal Iā€™m sure theyā€™re going to get it fixed up for me.

IamAlan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry Willys
Occupation
Retired
I hate dealers for this exact reason. I've had body damage and even $ change and other stuff stolen while at a dealer for service.

One dealer I have used (different make) goes around the vehicle with a checklist looking for damage they can note ahead of time. Then they have you sign off. But, I always get out and take numerous photos while they go around and focus on wheels/ bumpers and door areas. I love that it pisses them off that I do it in front of them. When they gave me my one truck back with damage (hitch step was bashed which they don't include in their check-list) and claimed it wasn't them, I pulled up my photos and showed them it was mint when it arrived. I then told them I'd be happy to pull dash cam video showing the actual bump. They then paid for a new one.

If the dealers don't come out to do a check, I take photos as I pull into the dealer and before I go in that show the dealership background. That shows my truck is undamaged when I got there. It sucks that I feel I have to even do this.
This is a smart thing to do, and I will begin doing the same!

MadManMoheenid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE & 1958 Chevy Apache
Iā€™ve owned and driven a Wrangler since 2011 so Iā€™m familiar to the sounds of a brick in a head wind as well as the hood buffeting semis. This is definitely a loud whistle caused by a bad seal Iā€™m sure theyā€™re going to get it fixed up for me.
Mine sounds like I'm going through a drive-thru car wash when I'm on the highway. Always thought that the Gladiator was just loud and thats what I keep telling my wife when she comments about it. Maybe, I should bring it in and ask about a bad seal.

Sponsored

Speedy_12139

First Name
Kenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ram 1500, 2011 BMW 335i, (Potental) '21 Rubicon
Occupation
Construction & Renovations
I would bet the whistling is coming from that panel on the exterior of the door (right behind the mirror)

There was a post on a FB group a while back, where a guy popped that panel off,(use a panel removal tool, and some tape to protect your paint) and on the backside, there are 2 small locating pins + the metal clip that holds it in.

Guy mentioned to put a bead of some type of sealant/silicone around the 2 pins, and around the clip, and reinstall... Self explanatory once you have it off.

Claimed it killed the "cracked window" wind noise from that area...

Worth a shot! Easily something you could DIY with a small tube of RTV or something.
Sponsored