Dav6662

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Ribicon
Vehicle Showcase
What about the plight of the original poster? Has issue been resolved?

905_gladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Wow dude, been trolling much. Really, you show up on this thread with a whopping 5 messages and you want to critique this guy when he's stuck in this stressful situation? He's put his trust in FCA and his dealer, dropped some SERIOUS cash for the truck, followed all the steps prescribed and seems to be getting the runaround. When you're in the midst of something like this and you can't even fully understand the speech of the "customer service" person the manufacturer has selected to deal with you, I get why he's a bit peeved...

You sitting on the sidelines, eatin' popcorn and casually trolling through threads for entertainment isn't helpful. Maybe just refrain from adding another completely unhelpful post to your count of "5" messages and move on...
Ok if my message count is an indication of how much I know then you win @180!

Oh just FYI 20 years in the auto industry and a little over 14 years ago i worked for Chrysler and nope didn't just have a paper pusher job at the corporate level ;) but only still only 5 posts!

no need to respond you win and your are right!

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase

Oh just FYI 20 years in the auto industry and a little over 14 years ago i worked for Chrysler and nope didn't just have a paper pusher job at the corporate level ;) but only still only 5 posts!

Everyone starts at 0.
I base things on two things - date joined, post number, content of posts. OK old math, that's 3 things. Never mind.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Geez Shadow, now I have to downgrade my perception of you because you counted wrong...
My excuse - running back and forth shooting powder onto parts, checking the oven - is the powder melted yes/no, back to the powder gun, back to the oven, ok, it's melted turn the heat down to 400, over to chromebook, oops, plating tank done, pull parts, passivate, back to computer........ ok, back to the oven now, those parts are done, putting in next batch.
Where was I again?

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Everyone starts at 0.
I base things on two things - date joined, post number, content of posts. OK old math, that's 3 things. Never mind.
What about reaction score?

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
What about reaction score?
Meh, sometimes it matters, sometimes not. Some people post things that are true but not popular, some people post things specifically for likes or reactions, some people answer questions and those don't always get a reaction.
Post a ton of pics of muddy Jeeps or Jeeps pulling something, Jeeps in the snow, get a lot of reactions........ but their other posts might be not worth mentioning.
It's like fakebook - some post for scores, likes, reactions, others post just to help, and some love to pose memes and get no reactions.
I don't post for likes - in fact, our AMC forum has no such score-keeping. It works better as you don't get posts just to be popular.

I was always the science and shop nerd, math, science, shop, never popular so never tried or worried about it.

Dewyaw

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Hard Rock; 1987 Jeep Wrangler Laredo; 1988 Porsche 911, 2005 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro, 1994 Toyota Pickup 4x4. Not all at the same time.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

Dewyaw

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Hard Rock; 1987 Jeep Wrangler Laredo; 1988 Porsche 911, 2005 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro, 1994 Toyota Pickup 4x4. Not all at the same time.

Ravenron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Engineer

Look...you and Bill (ShadowsPapa) missed the point. Doesn't matter about the accent or where the Customer Service Rep was located. Doesn't matter how long you've been in the auto industry or, really, how many posts you've made.

The point was you showed up on this forum with no experience or participation here and, instead of showing even a bare minimum of compassion for the OP you decided to critique his reactive post. He's undergoing a stressful situation and came here for support...if you can't provide any, then maybe just give him a break by not posting? Doing otherwise, with a very low number of posts is troll-like activity.

I don't need to win anything...just not a fan of seeing someone be cruel and kick a guy when he's down...don't like that much at all.

Beyond that, welcome aboard...hope you enjoy the forum and find it helpful...lots of good folks here with lots of knowledge...

Last edited:

Ravenron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
What about the plight of the original poster? Has issue been resolved?
I asked about a week ago (Post #26) and haven't seen a reply. He may be pursing legal options and can't post here as a result...may be just fed up and needs a break from all the Jeep stuff. Who knows. In any event, I wish him luck...

Ravenron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
My excuse - running back and forth shooting powder onto parts, checking the oven - is the powder melted yes/no, back to the powder gun, back to the oven, ok, it's melted turn the heat down to 400, over to chromebook, oops, plating tank done, pull parts, passivate, back to computer........ ok, back to the oven now, those parts are done, putting in next batch.
Where was I again?
Wow Bill...at that pace, you need to be careful the computer doesn't end up in the oven... :)
Sponsored