Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I don't need to win anything...just not a fan of seeing someone be cruel and kick a guy when he's down...don't like that much at all.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Generically speaking - 100 likes

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Wow Bill...at that pace, you need to be careful the computer doesn't end up in the oven... :)
HAHA - I have one speed - overdrive.

Here's the first pair of things out of the oven earlier today -

Jeep Gladiator Took jeep in for steering problem and now they are rebuilding the motor IMG_20201201_152507

I do have a thought on the OP without going back and reading it -
I always have to sign something saying I approve of the list of things to be done.

OP
OP

trgundersen

First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Well I got my truck back. I still haven't got the parts list or what they swapped out. Unfortunately during the service, the tech stacked parts on my back seat and put permanent divots in the leather. I know it's a jeep and I shouldn't worry about it, but it is sure frustrating, that now my back seat is jacked up. The motor runs good and the steering is a game changer. Everybody should get it the gear replaced. There is no comparison at speed on the highway. So my saga continues. Thanks for the support in the forum.

Ravenron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Engineer
Well I got my truck back. I still haven't got the parts list or what they swapped out. Unfortunately during the service, the tech stacked parts on my back seat and put permanent divots in the leather. I know it's a jeep and I shouldn't worry about it, but it is sure frustrating, that now my back seat is jacked up. The motor runs good and the steering is a game changer. Everybody should get it the gear replaced. There is no comparison at speed on the highway. So my saga continues. Thanks for the support in the forum.
Hey Trent! Glad to hear that you back on track with, what sounds like, a great outcome! Sorry to hear about the back seat issues...was the dealer responsive? If you like, you could try a hair dryer (not a heatgun as they get to hot) and try to warm the leather a bit. Also apply some good leather conditioner and give it some time. Just a thought and what I would do...

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
So they have the whole bloody back of the thing - it's a TRUCK - and they put stuff in the seat instead of in the box or on the floor of the truck?
You have a right to go after them on that - nicely - but make them deal with it or at least acknowledge they screwed up your truck. There's no excuse for that. One thing I was taught, and feel anyway thanks to how I was raised - return things in BETTER shape than you got them.
That truck should have been spotless inside and out when you got it back, with no damage.

I drove mine today for the first time on the highway in a long while - I'm beginning to think my steering is going backwards. Some wind and rainy and it was not easy to keep going straight. I needed to use both hands again. Damn.
Sponsored