Sponsored

Windshield wipers for lots and lots and lots of bugs?

TexasCajun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator 2020
Vehicle Showcase
Got any suggestions? I travel through some wide open areas through some swampy fields and I get wrecked by bugs. My wipers just dont seem to cut it. Anyone try anything that you know work really well?
Sponsored

Sparty

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR (Gecko) / 2021 JLR
Got any suggestions? I travel through some wide open areas through some swampy fields and I get wrecked by bugs. My wipers just dont seem to cut it. Anyone try anything that you know work really well?
In all seriousness - I apply RainX during the summer specifically for this reason. Removal (by hand or wiper) is 10x easier

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
In all seriousness - I apply RainX during the summer specifically for this reason. Removal (by hand or wiper) is 10x easier
I use RainX and I've used their fluid. Doesn't help. But our bugs are eating a lot of sugary things and are sticky as hell.

The only thing I've found that works is to keep a spray can of Mothers bug remover and one of those windshield sponges in the truck.

I've tried various wiper blades, don't let the high price and marketing fool you - they ain't worth it.

Jeep Gladiator Windshield wipers for lots and lots and lots of bugs? 20210613_125922

Jeep Gladiator Windshield wipers for lots and lots and lots of bugs? 20210616_090354_HDR

Jeep Gladiator Windshield wipers for lots and lots and lots of bugs? 20210617_102325_HDR

oldhp3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Galdiator 80th Anniversary
Occupation
Retired
After cleaning windshield real good I spray on Lucas Slick Mist. Let it dry good and buff off with clean micro fiber cloth. I spray entire front end down in between washings. Spray on wipe it in and let haze over. Wipe off with micro fiber cloth. Good stuff!!!

Sponsored

redfish

First Name
Scot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL, JT
Occupation
Strategic Account Executive
I use the NexGen ceramic spray about every 2 weeks on the entire JT , windows etc and it works great on making an easy clean up the next time. Just really buff off good with dry micro fiber on windshield and bug juice and water beads up.

ko15870

First Name
ko
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee; 2022 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
System Analyst

Rainman519

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Rain-X and Bosch wiper blades do it for me. I always keep the front end waxed also.

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
I can't speak for the paint but on the glass I prefer a good traditional carnuba wax, clean wiper blades (regular application of alcohol wipes or santizer) and washer fluid spiked with simple green or dish detergent.

The fluid will eventually strip the wax but all the bugs on top of the wax generally slip off once you've reached "the point" where you are seeing more bug than landscape and hit the washers.

WonderBeardo

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE
Occupation
Supply Chain Guru/Nerd
Yeah Bosch Icons and Rain-X have been my go to driving back and forth from Southern GA to Florida and dealing with all the bugs constantly. Wipers aren't all the different but the Icons seem to last longer for me before needing replaced so it's a good mental win when I put a new pair on

Sponsored

The White Rabbit

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Self Employed
Prestone bug wash fluid is the best fluid I’ve found. Never found one blade to be much better than another.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Prestone bug wash fluid is the best fluid I’ve found. Never found one blade to be much better than another.
Yeah, I've been running Bosch blades on my vehicles, put them on my wife's Grand Cherokee - don't see any difference in the bugs at all. Put a new dose of the spray-on RainX and maybe helped a little, but not a ton.
I've already posted pics of the front of my truck around the forum - wipers simply don't remove mid-west bugs easily. Must be the blood or corn syrup in them LOL

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Not sure there is a good set of wipers for that nor any kind of help. I just treated my windshields before heading down to South Louisiana cause I knew the windshield would get blasted by a ton of bugs all the way down. Best thing I could do was stop regularly at stations where they had wash brushes, etc and clean them regularly.

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Mojave Sarge
Occupation
Gunsmith
I have found the factory wipers to work very well and seem to last longer than any other I have tried. Being on Florida I have tried many gimmicks, some worked, some didn't. Washer fluid additives work well if you get the bugs while the guts are still wet.

KevinC

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT, 2020 JLUR, S5
paint ceramic coating from Car pro called Cquartz UK 3.0 works wonders. I applied it myself after preparing the surfaces.
After driving out west through Oklahoma, Kansas and Colorado I can say I was extremely impressed with how easy the bugs wiped off. I don’t like to use my wipers and fluid to try and remove bugs but having a clean window to look out of is a big pet peeve of mine so anytime I travel I bring my own window cleaner and detailing spray and every stop while I’m filling up with fuel I spray the windshield down and a quick spray of detailer on the front end and the bugs just wipe right off. It’s really that easy.
Sponsored