Won't start, just clicks - Jeep Diesel

Waltzforzizi

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
I'm just creating this thread, so if anyone else Is having starting issues, well your not alone. I went to remote start my Jeep and it just beeped twice, starter clicked and wouldn't start. I thought I left the jeep on. No engine lights on the dash. Luckily I had a jumper pack in the truck. Checked the voltage 11.7. Jump started the truck headed home. Checked if it was charging 13.7-14 volts on the way home. Put a charger on it overnight. Went to work the next day, started ok. The day after that went back to my truck, clicked the remote start button, walked to the jeep and noticed it wasn't running. No engine lights on the dash. Jump started it again and headed home. Now I'm thinking it must be the auxiliary battery must be going bad. The Jeep sat over the weekend in the driveway. I went to start it that Monday, it wouldn't start. Jump started again and left for work. End of the day, again went to start the jeep and it wouldn't start. No light on the dash, however this time it says water in fuel, preheat (Diesel). Drained fuel filter, found no water in fuel. Turned the jeep off and put my jumper pack on it, jump started the jeep again and drove home, charging at 13.7-14volts. Checked for codes, no stored or active codes other than left stop light not working. Started the jeep this morning, pushed the starter button, seemed like it was slow to crank over. I called the jeep dealer and found out that they will replace the batteries under warranty if under 3 years and under 36000 miles. So hopefully i'm in luck.
Sponsored

gladtohave

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD
Occupation
Online sales
Not an electrical engineer but do have a diesel and do want to know your outcome . Let us know how the dealer treates you .

OP
OP
Waltzforzizi

Waltzforzizi

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
We I got my Gladiator back last Friday. They only replaced the auxiliary battery under warranty.

22EcoDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22jtsD , 06XK, 21KL - Retired(97ZJ,15JKU, 00WJ,)
Computers do weird things with low voltage..

CPTRU1114

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
MFG
Vehicle Showcase
I am having the same issues as you, only on the remote start though. When I jump in and turn the car on normally I have no issue at all. However trying to using the remote start wont work.
Sponsored