Sponsored

Worst thing you’ve been hit by driving topless?

Jpcomanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 1987 Wrangler
I was driving my YJ with no top or doors and had a deer run out of the ditch straight at the driver's side and try to jump over the Jeep. I thought for sure it was going to end up in my lap, but it hit the roll bar right behind me and I watched it flip over the back seat in my rearview mirror. One of its legs hit my left shoulder and left a bruise. I got stopped and the deer stood in the opposite ditch staring at me until it ran off.
Sponsored

HMCOBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JT , 16 BU, 09 Power Wagon, 95 H1, 91 YJ, 90 XJ
2" hail in an extreme downpour in my first Gladiator (68 M715). It was raining so hard I pullled over to drop the windshield when a friendly cop stopped behind me, seeing the forehead bruise and bloody lip casually asked why I was doing what i was doing. The look on his face when I explained the wipers were only on the outside was priceless.

Bulldog10

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland Sarge Green Diesel
Occupation
Retired Helicopter Pilot, FAA ATC, Retired Gentleman Farmer Trying to Survive Divorce!
Vehicle Showcase
Not Exactly Topless But WE had the doors open of Our 'HUEY' and We were trying to P/U some LRRP's in a pretty Rough area. The local VC/NVA tried to stop us but Americans finished First that Day and Our Boys Got Home. I'll Take any BirdShit over Live Rounds AnyDay!!

Trippin01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX450h, 23' Supra
Occupation
Deputy Sheriff & Retired Army
Vehicle Showcase
Definitely WIFE. Got accused of looking at Jeep girls. what can I say?

rr11

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT 2005 TJ 2003 F250
Occupation
Retired
Not in my Jeep but late 70's while doing around 70 on my motorcycle got hit in the right eye with a green hard shell bug. The next morning my eye was swollen shut and infected. Learned that a windshield on a faring not enough.

Sponsored

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Seeing all the posts about driving topless, thought I’d pose this question - what is the worst thing you’ve been hit with while the top was down? I’ll start:

Jeep - a wasp. In the forehead. At 50mph.

But that has nothing on what hit us while out in my Mustang convertible. Driving out to the coast to enjoy the sunset, and we’re going over a bridge over the Intercoastal. Car in front of us startled a pelican from its perch. It took off ponderously, and just as my car was passing underneath, it decided it could get extra lift if it evacuated its bowels.

Have you ever really smelled pelican crap? It isn’t pleasant...
I can relate to his as often I am topless in Galveston and there are a lot of Pelican and Seagulls. I almost had a pelican dousing not long ago but luckily the winds were with me or something cause it just missed me. I thought for sure was going to take a hit.

Mac Attack

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Will be buying Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Whatever you want...I can supervise!
Seeing all the posts about driving topless, thought I’d pose this question - what is the worst thing you’ve been hit with while the top was down? I’ll start:

But that has nothing on what hit us while out in my Mustang convertible. Driving out to the coast to enjoy the sunset, and we’re going over a bridge over the Intercoastal. Car in front of us startled a pelican from its perch. It took off ponderously, and just as my car was passing underneath, it decided it could get extra lift if it evacuated its bowels.

Hard right uppercut from a 1 ct. diamond engagement ring.

Sponsored

Okie362

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TJ Sport/2020 JLU/2021 JTRD (Hydro Blue)
Occupation
IT Management
Not Exactly Topless But WE had the doors open of Our 'HUEY' and We were trying to P/U some LRRP's in a pretty Rough area. The local VC/NVA tried to stop us but Americans finished First that Day and Our Boys Got Home. I'll Take any BirdShit over Live Rounds AnyDay!!
Lock it up mods. @Bulldog10 has won the internet!

SuburbanGP88

First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Retired
Back in the day before helmet laws, I had a fly go in my mouth when I was riding my motorcycle... at least I think it's a fly.

Either way my throat was sore for a whole week.

Had my hand hit by many rocks cruising on my bike or hand out the window enjoying the air... those little rocks and pebbles hurt like hell at 65mph.

robinja

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland, Grand Cherokee Trailhawk, TJ
Occupation
Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
A @#$ duck that decided to take flight as I passed it... over the windshield... through the cab in the downdraft... smack boom bam... feathers all over the place. Pulled over and didn't see the duck in the Jeep or on the road... then I heard a quack... @#$ thing was wedged between the back seat and door. Sadly he died a few minutes later. @#$ duck!

SuburbanGP88

First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Retired
A @#$ duck that decided to take flight as I passed it... over the windshield... through the cab in the downdraft... smack boom bam... feathers all over the place. Pulled over and didn't see the duck in the Jeep or on the road... then I heard a quack... @#$ thing was wedged between the back seat and door. Sadly he died a few minutes later. @#$ duck!
Did you at least make some duck breast and confit so you don't let the duck's sacrifice go to waste?

Terry

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Private Investigator
Vehicle Showcase

Interesting bird the Pelican, its beak can hold more than its belly can.....
Sponsored