Sponsored

Worst thing you’ve been hit by driving topless?

Nus4au2

First Name
Lanny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21JT High Altitude, 17 Grand Cherokee, 17 Indian
Occupation
Healthcare
Not Jeep related, but got hit in the arm pit by a bumblebee at 85-90 in a t-shirt on a bike. Dam near took me off the bike in pain and had a bruise for a couple weeks.

I don't ride in t-shirts any more no matter how hot it it. 😟
I caught a rock in the inner thigh, (not to high LOL) at 65mph. Bruised down to my knee, invested in chaps after that lol. Swore I’d never wear them, changed my mind with that little ouch. The wasp at 80 in the bare shoulder was much easier.
Sponsored

Jonny A

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
Bridge Construction and Maintenance
Topless in a Jeep? Just bees or other stinging things.

On motor cycle? Couple birds, couple deer (ouch), and few times a season stinging insects. Once this guy cut me and a couple of us guys heading in to work. He had the gall then to throw a beer bottle. It hit me square in head. As luck would have it... it was a rare occasion of riding into Massachusetts, so I was wearing a helmet. Never did get retribution on that jackwad.

ALL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JK, 2021 JT Sport S Max Tow, 2016 WK2
The 2 door JK was not topless, but the windows were down while driving home late from work one summer night. While traveling at ~50 on a 2 lane road, I pass a truck heading the opposite direction. Well it seemed like the truck (or I) was too close to center line because the wind whip I received was intense (or at least I thought it was a wind whip). As some of us know, wind can whip in pretty good with windows down on 2 door jeeps. Anyway, I didn't think anything about it and kept on driving home. I parked the Jeep in the garage and rolled up the windows. The next morning, I woke up and got ready for work, meanwhile something sparked an argument between me and my wife. Still arguing (over something stupid, no doubt), she followed me out to the Jeep as I was leaving. I was angry, she was angry.... So I slung open the Jeep door ready to make a dramatic exit. However, to my surprise, a bat laid in wait in the passenger seat. In a split second the bat saw it's opportunity for escape and flew right at my face. I ducked down to avoid the collision while the bat made a couple of loops around the garage before flying out the open door. My wife said, "What was that!?". Still angry, I wanted to continue my dramatic exit, I responded like it was a normal occurrence to have a bat fly out of your jeep, "It was a bat!". Then I jumped in, slammed the door and took off. Needless to say, I must have sucked in the bat through my window the previous night. My guess is that the bat got knocked out when it was sucked in and it must have gained consciousness at some point through the night and spent the night exploring the interior of the Jeep. My wife called me later that day and her first words to me were, "So.... a bat flew out of your Jeep.... Let's talk about that".

Sponsored

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
I wasn’t in my jeep topless but it’s still a funny similar story

I was riding my motorcycle home from work wearing a tank top. I was on top of a bridge on a major four-lane highway when at the peak of the bridge I got hit in the armpit by a bee. my natural reaction was to close my arm and when I did it stung me right in the armpit.... on top of the bridge.... doing 70 miles an hour.... in heavy traffic.:headbang:

i ended up having to drive 10 miles before I could get off the highway to safely figure it all out...by then i had a super swollen pit.

good times

Capt.Grumps1075

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator sport s
Occupation
Towboat Captain
My wife just today, had a red wasp hit her In the face, go down her shirt, and stung her on the Tata. Good thing she's not allergic lol. She was pissed but we got a lil giggle out of it a lil bit after it happened.

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU Rubicon HR, 2017 Cherokee, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Retired Peace Officer
Bumble Bee in the mouth in my CJ8 Scrambler with no top and the windshield down. Stung me and I ended up in the emergency room due to swelling in my mouth

Sponsored

12BNNT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
First nice spring day in JKU years ago I took the hard top off and was running errands. Halfway home hit a sudden downpour, stopped under a bridge and put the freedom tops on thinking that would help. Didn’t. All the water going over the jeep proceeds to pour off the back to the freedom top right down my back and was sitting in a pool of water by the time I got home.

non jeep... getting hit in the forehead by a June bug at xxxmph damn near knocked me off the bike. Had to pull over to clean the visor because I could only see out of the bottom third of it. Thank god I had a full face helmet on.

Jeepnpr

First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU Recon, 2017 JK Sport, 1982 CJ7
Occupation
Security guard
Worst thing in Jeep something hit me in the leg, so not sure if a bug or a rock but that thing hurt like hell.
Not Jeep - on my Ninja ZX7 in Germany cruising the autobahn at about 170 and got a bird 🦅 to the fairing, helmet and chest almost went down but saved it. Bird guts and blood all over helmet and jacket - that shit stinks. I have bad lucks with birds as I got hit in the leg by a bird in Maryland

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
Several sizable bugs when I had the windshield down. Based on the windshield splatters there have been several times bird droppings somehow missed me by an inch.

Mark Doiron

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JKU X, 1979 Tenth Anniversary Trans Am, 2020 Gobi Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Strand from a barbed wire fence across my face when I was in college driving my 1963 Karmann Ghia along a dirt road and hit a soft spot. Have a scar on my nose from it, and took 32 stitches in my face and top of my head. Almost took out my right eye--was very lucky it didn't. Because of that accident, I quit college, the draft had my number, so I enlisted in USAF. Ended up serving 27-1/2 years.

COASTAL CAJUN

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Gladiator 1981 Scrambler
Occupation
Marine Construction
Well!!! Here is a good one!!!
Back in 1987 I was driving my 1981 Jeep Scrambler through a swamp road (Brulie Guliot Road),no top ,no doors with a friend. 55 mph and a egret (white heron) flew out the swamp at sunset. This is where the fun starts. It hit on the passenger side windshield frame, then un loaded all his guts and bowels. My friend got the brunt of it all, covered his face , packed his right ear full, then the blow back came from behind. Thank GOD for high back seats. The whole windshield on the in side was covered except for the two half moons that represented the shape of the seats. I drove one mile to my sisters house to clean it up, he was throwing up from the pure fact of the smell and grossness of it all.. Handed home a water hose, sat back and died laughing. We cleaned it all up ,got him a t-shirt and went down the road. Hilarious!!! Still till this day . Did not even crack windshield. 😐 Hope you got a smile out of that, he is still in therapy!!! LOL.
Sponsored