Sponsored

Would the Wrangler (4 dr) and the Gladiator make good military garrison vehicles?

SuburbanGP88

First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Retired
Maybe it'll work for MPs on base or general light personnel transport but you got no room for gear and forget having a full hard plate on with a rifle. It's way too small to fit 4 adults in full battle rattle.

OP
OP

N9NWO

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
just an S10. Looking to buy a Gladiator.
Maybe it'll work for MPs on base or general light personnel transport but you got no room for gear and forget having a full hard plate on with a rifle. It's way too small to fit 4 adults in full battle rattle.
again garrison, not tactical. Most COTS cannot deal with the abuse troops throw at them. Right now most garrison vehicles are Suburbans, vans or pickups. Not field vehicles.

Sponsored

Smittie

First Name
Smittie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
smittie.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator, 2019 Jeep Renegade
Occupation
Technology Consultant in Agriculture
again garrison, not tactical. Most COTS cannot deal with the abuse troops throw at them. Right now most garrison vehicles are Suburbans, vans or pickups. Not field vehicles.
Our favorite inside the wire vehicle was a John Deere Gator. We drove the hell out of that thing.

SuburbanGP88

First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Retired
I know but MPs do get geared up too when they're done counting rivets on hangars.

OP
OP

N9NWO

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
just an S10. Looking to buy a Gladiator.

rr11

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT 2005 TJ 2003 F250
Occupation
Retired
Thinking back to the dark ages (2003) I can't see me getting out in full battle rattle and I was a tanker no body armor.

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
It would work as “well” other commercial refits. I’ve fought from hiluxes and 76 series land cruisers that were up armored, so they are even tighter inside than normal. At 6-2 and 260+kit, i was the smallest guy of 4 in the truck a couple times.

Its not ideal, its not comfortable, you have to stay physically flexible; but you cant take MATV’s everywhere you go. getting in and out of any vehicle in kit sucks to some extent. A Gladiator wouldnt be as useful because youd stick out like a sore thumb, but it would be as spacious and capable or more than a Hilux or 76pickup

Last edited:

Sponsored

takeitsleazy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2008 JL
We’ve been driving fleet vehicles on base for a few decades now. Jeeps wouldn’t make sense whatsoever tbh. Humvees and MRAPs for armored stuff, and the cool guys drive RZRs and dirt bikes. I think my squadron has one LMTV that we train with sometimes

stickshifter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Trying to get in and out of the back doors in full battle rattle with an M16 (vice an M4) would be a bit like birthing elephants, even for APFT 300 soldiers. For a garrison vehicle that might be OK.
^ My thoughts exactly. We ripped doors off Defenders in the 1980s and they were still a bitch to bail out of. No IEDs back then, and you couldn't up-armor enough for a TM-62...
Sponsored