Sponsored

Wranglers don't wave

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
I like law & order, but some laws are BS, the government has gotten WAY too overreaching and powerful. I want minimalist government. The government should not be infiltrated into every facet of our lives, like it currently is.

Gen-Y is the gen after us... I wouldn’t want to be those soft pansies either...They’re softer and dumber than our generation. They’re the ones you see on all the college interviews that can’t give you any logical reason they hate Trump, they only know “orange man bad” and repeat their commie professors’ talking points. That’s why they got nicknamed as “NPC’s” (Non-Playable Charachter), like the characters in video games that you can only talk with, and they’re programmed to repeat the same thing over and over and over again.
OMG you're right, gen Y is a 6 year span just before us, WTF!? Noooooooooooooooo! I feel sick D:
(Also I'm getting conflicting info for my statement above, seems different depending on the site. It seems like no one is really sure on the millennial vs gen Y thing. I'll keep labeling myself as a gen y :) )

@Erievon I'm on 2 months today, still enjoy the waves. And I do get a lot of curious looks from people, especially with the roof fully off :)
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
OMG you're right, gen Y is a 6 year span just before us, WTF!? Noooooooooooooooo! I feel sick D:
(Also I'm getting conflicting info for my statement above, seems different depending on the site. It seems like no one is really sure on the millennial vs gen Y thing. I'll keep labeling myself as a gen y :) )
Gen Y is Millenial, but mostly the 90’s babies. I was born in 86, so, I span 4 different decades of influence. Typically (not all, but typically) the ones born in the 90’s are a bit of a “special” breed of millenial... Which is why I consider them to be a different generation, separating the Millenial/Gen-Y connection. But just like with anything, there are exceptions.

PuRGE

First Name
Cade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Grey Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Physical Therapist
Must be a regional thing. In my area (Mississippi Gulf Coast). Wranglers owners usually initiate the wave.
I'm also located in Biloxi (travel back & forth to Louisiana - my home state - for work) & have noticed the same thing.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
Gen Y is Millenial, but mostly the 90’s babies. I was born in 86, so, I span 4 different decades of influence. Typically (not all, but typically) the ones born in the 90’s are a bit of a “special” breed of millenial... Which is why I consider them to be a different generation, separating the Millenial/Gen-Y connection. But just like with anything, there are exceptions.
I hate being mixed in with the millennials in general. I have been in meetings where people have bashed them, assuming I am older than I am because I don't act like the typical millennial.

JeepHouse

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Got my first wave from a Wrangler last night. Haven't seen any JT's yet while driving in mine.

Sponsored

basicGlad

First Name
GBP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
miata, vw bugg, subaru
Build Thread
Link
I get waves from 90% wranglers and JTs
Except when women are driving, then it's 0%

My wife said women don't want to encourage creeps and risk getting followed. So I had her drive and she got 0 waves from women

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
Got my first wave from a Wrangler last night. Haven't seen any JT's yet while driving in mine.
Saw a white one a few days ago when I went to the gym, white Overland. I was coming along side them further up the line in another lane. I think he saw me coming because as soon as I got next to him and did a tiny honk and waved (roof was off) he immediately honked too and waved back. Just a bit further I came to a stop light where he was going through the onramp and he honked and waved 1 more time where I waved through the top again lol. It was actually pretty funny and nice. Only JT I've seen and we both pumped up the comradery! lol

@basicGlad I've only got 1 or 2 women on my side of town that will wave back, the rest don't. I think they're just "Jeep girls!!!!11!!one!" and not really into it. Which is a bit odd because at least 1 of them is pretty modded and is white and pink lol.

basicGlad

First Name
GBP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
miata, vw bugg, subaru
Build Thread
Link
@Sazabi19
Yeah exactly! I see Jeeps with pink Jeep wave stickers on the mirrors and a woman driving but they won't wave.

My wife's probably right, women don't want to encourage creeps

JMXring222

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S
Western Massachusetts here, and I would say 90% of Wranglers and 50% of JT's wave from my personal experience.

Not many JT's on the road around here yet, and the owners do not seem to have come from Wranglers. Either way the only ones that do not seem to wave, are usually the ones that don't even see you ..... let alone notice there's a vehicle in the other lane .....

P90Ed

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Launch Edition, 2011 JKU Rubicon
No such thing here in NY. I got 1 wave in the month I've owned the jt and there are jeeps everywhere. On my harleys however 90 of bikers wave. maybe more.
Same in NJ. I find the JL owners simply do not wave. It's nearly a 100% rate of the non-wavers being in a JL. JK and "under" seem to wave consistently.

Sponsored

NEWBWHEELER

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Explorer ST, 2020 Hydro blue Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Free loader
Real Jeepers wave! Only those that have Mall Crawlers dont... but they do wave at Landrovers and Hummers!!!! :LOL:
Don’t you mean they give Hummers for RangeRovers...lol.

FishChowder

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Cmax
EXACTLY! I’m a “Millennial” by age only... I grew up around older kids, so I’m an anti-authoritarian anti-government anarchist Gen-X at heart. Dating at my age is hard... Dating in 2020 is a fucking joke. Where are all the good women? Oh that’s right, they’re already taken... :(

Also, cuddling and holding hands is now frowned upon? Shit, nothing like basking in the afterglow after you just thoroughly rang her bell a few times in a row.
I will cuddle and hold your hand if you let me drive your jeep. :LOL:

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase

TJWilly

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
Yeah. Lots of waves here. So far oldest was a built YJ. Use to be when the JK came out stock jeeps were often ignored because they didn’t wave back unless they were modded. There was a whole stink about it. Partly because of the soccer moms etc they just wanted that cute Jeep. Didn’t care about the culture or heritage. It could be we have a bit of an uphill battle with the JT depending on where you live. So far I have gotten a lot fellow keeper respect even tho I am in a bone stock JTR. But like someone else said - I see jeeps yards and yards away and they never even notice I am there.

looking forward to seeing another JT in the wild.
Sponsored