mikesjt

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Wrangler TJ Sport
Vehicle Showcase
You guys that already have your Gladiators, do you get a Jeep wave from Wranglers?
I’d also like to hear from the Wrangler guys and see if you wave at Gladiators.
Ive seen a lot of comments on other social media from Wrangler guys talking about the Gladiator isn’t a real Jeep lol. Seems some people genuinely have their feelings hurt about this Gladiator ;):like: What’s up with that? Be careful because you might accidentally wave at one. They look the same from the front :jk: :clap:
Sponsored

2020 SCRAMBLER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
When I drive my old Toyota FJ40 (basically, a reverse-engineered Jeep CJ), I get waved to a lot by Jeeps. But I don't return the gesture because I'm not technically driving a Jeep. Even head-on, between the big white headlight bezel and the large "TOYOTA" nameplate in the grille, it's fairly obvious this isn't a Jeep. So I guess its more of a wind in your hair lifestyle wave.

Regardless, I guess that will have to change when driving the Gladiator...

Quadidaho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Absolutely! I wave, they wave, we all wave! Then there are the posers that don’t get the whole Jeep wave thing......they should be driving a Prius!

Sponsored

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
It's the Jeep wave. You wave at all Jeeps.

Wranglers wave at me and then stare a hole through my truck. :D

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I get the waves just as often as I got them when I had my JK and JL Wranglers. I remember when the 4dr JKU's came out and you had a certain faction that thought they were not real Jeeps but that eventually soften over time.

Then there is the 25% rule of people just being assholes because they are.

dragdog111

First Name
greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 wrangler, 2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
ups driver
You guys that already have your Gladiators, do you get a Jeep wave from Wranglers?
I’d also like to hear from the Wrangler guys and see if you wave at Gladiators.
Ive seen a lot of comments on other social media from Wrangler guys talking about the Gladiator isn’t a real Jeep lol. Seems some people genuinely have their feelings hurt about this Gladiator ;):like: What’s up with that? Be careful because you might accidentally wave at one. They look the same from the front :jk: :clap:
I hope to buy a gladiator today, as long as i can turn off the ESS, as for the jeep wave. The kids today don't remember the J series that AMC made for about 30 years, now it"s back. I have been driving a wrangler before it was a wrangler, it was called a CJ7. The gladiator is a real jeep, yes, i will wave

Sponsored

Col C

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
I wave and get waved at.

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition, 2008 ES350
Occupation
Physician Assistant
I just went to Destin FL and every Jeep I passed waved. I even wave to Jeeps when I am driving my wife’s van out of habit

sbetts

First Name
SB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 StingGray Rubicon
In 1987 the CJ crowd thought the Wrangler with the square headlights wasn't a "real Jeep"..... Nothings changed. Wave & Get Waved!

willemlock

First Name
Willem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator, 1998 TJ 1947, CJ2-A Willys
I must admit I get waved at by the modified wranglers. We have too many people buying wranglers to drive to the shops with. They have no idea about proper etiquette and bloody wave at me ya bastards. When out wheeling I get waves and always wave back.
Sponsored