Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
So since switching from my JLUR to the JT, I am still waving to Wranglers.....but then it dawned on me, we don't drive Wranglers, Jeeps Yes, but not Wranglers...and I know there is a JL and JLU, but we are JT's.....so what you say?
It's the "Jeep Wave", not the "JL Wave" or "Wrangler Wave". Besides, if you look at the feature set between the Wrangler and Gladiator, they should be waving at us. ;)
Sponsored

jgjackson

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2014, PT Cruiser 2002
I was in my mustang with the top down when I saw my first Gladiator in the wild. I gave him a big thumbs up. Does that count?

Col C

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
So since switching from my JLUR to the JT, I am still waving to Wranglers.....but then it dawned on me, we don't drive Wranglers, Jeeps Yes, but not Wranglers...and I know there is a JL and JLU, but we are JT's.....so what you say?
Absolutely. Wave, with gusto!

Sponsored

PropWash

First Name
Nickolas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep JKU
We have a high per capita concentration of Wranglers here in Kalamazoo. Moving from my JKU to JT I definitely feel the JT is getting wave shunned or unseen way more than I did in my JKU.

Col C

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
We have a high per capita concentration of Wranglers here in Kalamazoo. Moving from my JKU to JT I definitely feel the JT is getting wave shunned or unseen way more than I did in my JKU.
If I see you in Battle Creek, I’ll wave

JT614

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator Overland '14 JGC Summit '04 TJ Rubi
Vehicle Showcase
I get/give the wave. I probably have gotten more thumbs up though so far from Wrangler owners in my less than one week of ownership.
The thumbs up is a thing too. I got one from a fellow Gladiator, a Wrangler and a Civic :LOL:

Last edited:

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
The thumbs up is anything too. I got one from a fellow Gladiator, a Wrangler and a Civic :LOL:
Seems for some, the Gladiator launch is the equivalent of it being dropped from the heavens unannounced. Left it a couple of days ago with a business to get the bed Rhino-Lined and a guy with a new Colorado was there picking up his and he looked at my Gladiator like a kid walking in on his parents having sex, could not compute it in his head what he was seeing. After a minute he mutter something about it looks like he bought the wrong truck.

Yesterday at the bank, had a guy in a landscaping truck pull up and jumped out asking me 20 question about it.

Sponsored

Okk9

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Get questions everywhere, mostly from guys with pickups wanting to know all about the gladiator but no luck with waves from wranglers. Mostly angry stares. I would always get happy waves in my jku and my lifted commander, but mostly angry faces when in the gladiator. So sad.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Vintage Jeep Wave

wave-2.jpg

dc68b67ab3407007783271ecc234d0b4--jeep-gear-jeep-x.jpg

First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Healthcare
OMG!!!
This is a real thing, and all along I thought it was just me. I am new to the Jeep community and was excited to finally be a member. Two weeks ago to the day I became a proud owner of a new JT Rubicon. Every since, I have been throwing up deuces, fingers, the full Monty, and everything else I can think of and nothing in return. Not even the middle finger.
Oh well, no hard feelings and I am going to keep a to all Jeepsters alike.

BradWatson8541

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy Silverado to be traded for a JT
Its sad to hear so many getting hate from the wrangler crowd. hopefully its different when i get mine. I imagine it will fade and the waves will return in due time. As for me, when i get mine, I'm waving.

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004
THE ANSWER IS SO SIMPLE . . . it's staring you right in the mirror . What do "Jaguar-ites" do when "passing in the night" ? Spit at each other ? Give each other a middle finger ? WHAT ?
:LOL: :) ;) :swear:
Sponsored