Yokohama Geolandar MT G003

Vincent

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S
i have these in 32" form and have to say they are very reliable and predictable. No issues, they wear very well and are great on the street. Little louder than an A/T but what do you expect? I'm not a hardcore off-roader, mostly trails, farm, etc... my 2 pennies 😜

mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker JTR; 2020 DGC JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Hey @Zero_Accel I’m curious, how do they compare to Pro Comp M/T? Not many people mention those.

gerky18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
I have had them for near 40k miles and originally had them on my JKU before switching over to the JT. The wear is good and I rotate every 4-5k. I usually run them at about 33-34 psi cold. I've been in the mountains of Washington state and CA to the downpours of NC. They are louder than an AT but nothing too terrible. I will definitely buy them again. The current size is 285/75/17.

Zero_Accel

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Hey @Zero_Accel I’m curious, how do they compare to Pro Comp M/T? Not many people mention those.
Absolutely no comparison, the Yoko's are MILES better than my old Pro Comps! These tires are one of my favorite set's that I've had on a vehicle, right up there with the Toyo MT3's.

Jeep Gladiator Yokohama Geolandar MT G003 IMG_5097.JPG

My old Pro-Comps were always loud, and they just flat out didn't last very long. Now while I did buy the truck used and it came with those tires, they just seemed to eat through the tread, and I needed new tires at 10k miles added. My dad also had a set on his old Dakota, and he had the same experience, they just don't last much longer than 30k. They were OK off road, not as much traction as I would have liked. They really didn't like the rain, I had put the back end of my truck out more than once.

Jeep Gladiator Yokohama Geolandar MT G003 IMG_5063.JPG

The Yoko's are much quieter than the old Pro Comps, have much better traction, and weigh only 5 lbs more than the Pro-Comps despite being 37's (my Pro-comps were 35's) 73 lbs vs 68 lbs. The Toyo's come in at about 84 lbs if I remember correctly. I've put about 10k miles on my new Yoko's and they don't look that much different, and they bite on rocks, sand, mud, you name it. Biggest issue I've had is no lockers (working on it!), although these tires have made me more confident that I should be.

I highly recommend them, one of the best set's of tires I've bought, and I'll definitely buy them again.

Jeep Gladiator Yokohama Geolandar MT G003 IMG_5129.JPG

Sponsored

OP
OP

ajkaz

First Name
Arun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTRD
Thanks for all the feedback! I ended getting a smoking deal on the new Toyo Open Country RT Trail. Was about to pull the trigger on the Yoko’s. Maybe next time.

EC641171-EC60-4679-8C4D-C39FFEF5653B.jpeg

7C5BCA51-1D34-4E5B-9C84-C7C098D8907F.jpeg

DAD19D1F-5D8B-4A5F-BED7-9673192581B3.jpeg

SKJeep

First Name
SKennedy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2022 JLUD, 2014 JK
Thanks for all the feedback! I ended getting a smoking deal on the new Toyo Open Country RT Trail. Was about to pull the trigger on the Yoko’s. Maybe next time.

Jeep Gladiator Yokohama Geolandar MT G003 DAD19D1F-5D8B-4A5F-BED7-9673192581B3

Nice looking rig. Give us a 30 day follow up to how the tires are working. How is the load range E from a ride standpoint. What air pressures are you running? Would you buy them again without the smoking hot deal? Thanks!

OP
OP

ajkaz

First Name
Arun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTRD
Nice looking rig. Give us a 30 day follow up to how the tires are working. How is the load range E from a ride standpoint. What air pressures are you running? Would you buy them again without the smoking hot deal? Thanks!
As requested a 30 day follow up! Very happy with the tires so far, I'll make this easy to read:
-Noise is a little more than I thought it would be. They are noticeably noisier than the Kenda Klever's (which were basically silent) but also noticeably quieter than the factory Falken MT's.
-Ride is very planted, the Kenda's were allowing more lean in the corners, it felt like a little more sway. I am running the Toyo's at 28 PSI, its a bit firmer of a ride, but not by much. The control is better. I will say the Kenda's tracked much better, being such a narrow tire they didnt follow imperfections in the road, the Toyo's do slightly.
-Looks - The Toyos hands down, have the MT look without all the weight and all the noise.
-Traction - The Kendas had slightly better on road traction especially in the rain, the Toyos are better offroad and seem to bite better in the sand and mud.

They seem to be wearing evenly so far, with just a couple thousand miles. My MPG definitely took a hit as expected. I was averaging 21MPG (75% city driving) with the Kendas (35x10.5) and now I'm averaging 19 (still 75% city) with the Toyo's (37x12.5). Still have plenty of power, no intention of re-gearing at this time.

Would I buy them again? I'd like to test the MT Baja Boss A/T which is in the same price range as these when not on sale. Looks to have better on road traction in snow and wet weather. If it were quieter and had the same or better road manners I'd go that direction. Otherwise I am very happy with these tires.
Sponsored