Not open for further replies.

R JEEP

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
"The Story 'Till Now" is a good channel. I like his remote wheeling adventures in Canada.

I will hold my criticism and say I just can't get into Lite Brite.

TrailRecon is my favorite YouTube channel. I like the host, Brad. Although well-funded, he's a humble, down to earth guy who mostly wants to have fun off-roading and seems to like sharing it with others. Brad has a Gladiator Rubicon with some nice mods. He is now a full-time YouTuber and recently picked up a new diesel Wrangler Rubicon. He said he's going to keep the Gladiator as well.
He said he is "keeping the Gladiator for now"
He ordered a Bronco
So we will see how long he keeps the Gladiator

CJ5w4wdSmokyOnMyTail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave JT; 2016 Cherokee
What are the best Gladiator Youtube channels (or ones for JL)

So far I like Jk Gear and Gadgets, and Ill watch LiteBrite from time to time.

What are some other good ones?
Really enjoy 'The Story Til Now' and TrailRecon. Though I agree Brad from Trail Recon's recent vid about the virtues of a $300 water can crossed over into the absurd. But, generally, it is a great channel.

JL Gear and Gadgets has been informative and enjoyable. LiteBrite....well...it does exist.

Last edited:

Commodus

First Name
Buck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hydro Blue Gladiator, BMW X3
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
He said he is "keeping the Gladiator for now"
He ordered a Bronco
So we will see how long he keeps the Gladiator
You have to remember this is a business for him, I believe more so now then ever before. He has found a way to make a lot of money and is trying to broaden his base. Like most business people he probably leases these new vehicles for tax deduction reasons so swapping them out makes sense so he can keep making new product. There is nothing wrong with this, I just believe a lot of viewers feel a connection with these you tubbers and and think of them as a friend and forget this is business for them

Sponsored

Walter-new jeeper

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Escape, Ocean Blue Wrangler JLUR, Firecracker Red Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Not sure what your problem is with him, no one ever elaborates on the reasons for their dislike. Opinions are just that without fact and unless you know something personally and just get your facts from what someone said that does not say much for you. I never saw anything in his videos that would cause a problem, yes he is probably creating video for free product or payment. So Do do a lot of other you tubbers, if someone wants or needs a step by step he does do a good job on what he produces. If you are going to put someone down be man enough to say what it is that is so distasteful.
I asked Eddie about it because I posted in my build thread that I purchased some items and installed and his name came up as banned. He was surprised and has no idea why that would be the case. I could care less if he gets his stuff free - it's business. Evem TrailRecon occasionally gets his stuff free from the manufacturor (Like the water jerrycan he reviewed recently).

Eddie loves his Jeeps and does some interesting videos. Some are a little extreme for me, but interesting.

I will be meeting Brad in Arizona next Thursday as part of an E3 Overland event, and I hope I can swing by Carson City on my way home from Moab and meet Eddie.

Last edited:

Walter-new jeeper

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I believe it all started on his (first?) forum that was for Jeep JKs - that's the first I heard of him. He pissed people off by deleting posts and/or banning people for talking about products made by companies that were not sponsors.
There was one case where Eddie did that, that I know of, when some company employees posed as ordinary members but were in there to sell the product and did not disclose that they worked for the company. A bit of a dishonest and unethical practice. It was easily determined when he saw a question posted, then the OP responded to the original post, then it was removed, and replaced with the exact same text under a different name. And was traceable to the company IP address. When he confronted them about it they would not fess up, though he had sufficient evidence. It's his forums, and I know there are some vendors associated to his forums so he's not against vendors promoting their products. But they have to be upfront about it (Integrity) not hide their identity as a member.

Walter-new jeeper

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
And to reply to the OP - TrailRecon is an excellent channel though he does both Wrangler and Gladiator, and occasionally talks about other Jeeps he has, and does lots of trails and overlanding videos. I watched LiteBrite for a while but they were so 'extreme' I kind of lost interest. I also watch venture4wd but have really fallen behind on that channel. I also watch 4xoverland - run by a gentleman in Australia, but from South Africa. Very interesting cross Australia videos and African overland. But he's not a gladiator guy, just overlanding, but has good info on the overlanding in general.

Sponsored

DiabolicalDianoga

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland, Subaru Forester
Occupation
Admin
I know it's not a Gladiator channel, but I really enjoy Coyote Works. Really makes me want to go explore Oregon and sad that we moved to the east coast.

Walter-new jeeper

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I know it's not a Gladiator channel, but I really enjoy Coyote Works. Really makes me want to go explore Oregon and sad that we moved to the east coast.
I've watched a few of his videos.

Mark Doiron

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JKU X, 1979 Tenth Anniversary Trans Am, 2020 Gobi Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Mark Doiron, from here, makes some different overlanding videos. If David Attenborough was from the US and had a jeep, this would be his youtube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/c/DigitalByDoiron
Thank you for that kind comment. I had not responded to this thread because my channel has a wide variety of rigs. I do have a several video series with a Gladiator, though. If anyone is interested, here is the teaser for each series (first one is a friend's Gladiator, I'm in my JK, other two include my new Gladiator) ...

SW-NW Fall Adventure

Big Bend Explorations

El Camino del Diablo

Cobraj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
computer field service
"The Story 'Till Now" is a good channel. I like his remote wheeling adventures in Canada.

I will hold my criticism and say I just can't get into Lite Brite.

TrailRecon is my favorite YouTube channel. I like the host, Brad. Although well-funded, he's a humble, down to earth guy who mostly wants to have fun off-roading and seems to like sharing it with others. Brad has a Gladiator Rubicon with some nice mods. He is now a full-time YouTuber and recently picked up a new diesel Wrangler Rubicon. He said he's going to keep the Gladiator as well.
I agree about Lite Brite.. I have to get up and go to work every day. Seeing Kevin wheeling with a hot blonde wife and endless supply of vehicles and part, just got me down!

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Status