Willys2Gladiator

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
So from watching this thread I'm gathering that the ones with miss-fire issues are unknown as to why? Anyone have a miss-fire issue and actually had it resolved? If so what was fixed or what if anything replaced?
Sponsored

OP
OP
OneBadHombre

OneBadHombre

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mojave being built...
Occupation
Medical Devices
Awesome feedback, thank yall. Seems like there's a good chance a second Gladiator would turn out fine.

I'm going to be in contact with FCA in regards to the Lemon process and see if I can get any insight into build dates to avoid or if there is any pattern to the issue. Wishful thinking, but I'm going to try.

OP
OP
OneBadHombre

OneBadHombre

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Medical Devices
So from watching this thread I'm gathering that the ones with miss-fire issues are unknown as to why? Anyone have a miss-fire issue and actually had it resolved? If so what was fixed or what if anything replaced?
Correct. Most people with the issue have posted about going back and forth to the dealership...with them replacing something then within 50 miles or so light back on. Luckily in our case, we dropped it once and it stayed as before they could get it back to us CEL light was back on.

I haven’t seen any actual solutions to it. Hell, one guy had his entire engine replaced and it STILL came back. Most of the time people post “they did XYZ, fingers crossed” then post “Back at the shop”

I also have to believe if FCA knew the fix, once their techs/reps got involved there would be a fix.

I will say, aside from the hassle, the dealership and FCA have actually been awesome to work with. They lemon lawed it proactively before we even had to threaten it. Big props to them on that.

Willys2Gladiator

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
Unfortunately the manufacturer is only as good as their suppliers. Hard to check every part you receive and everyone is trying to cut corners and make an extra buck.

As long as they act accordingly to issues as they arrise and do the right thing it's all we can ask and expect.

Hope anyone with this issue gets the proper resolve and hope everyone else doesn't have to deal with such an unnecessary issue.

Sponsored

Cburgess33

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator rubicon and 2018 Rubicon JL
had mine since aug 2019 with 9k and no issues . I turn off that auto stop bs off right away and now it’s off permanently. Is there some connection to misfires and that feature ? Seems like a lot of issues with misfires were proceeded by this being faulted as well . (Maybe it’s just a victim versus being the problem ? )

SCRubicon23

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU 2019 JLUR 2020 Gladiator
I bought mine a few weeks ago, I'm still getting used to driving it and it only has 500 miles on it. This forum has made me a Jeep hypochondriac though. Will be taking a "long" 500 mile trip this weekend though so will be learning a lot more about my ride.
Same. Only 300 miles on mine and I’ve got a trip I plan on taking it on for July 4th. About 500 miles. All the bad I read on here make me nervous. Trying to drive as much as possible before I leave. I have a JLUR too and it’s been great so far through 5k miles.

cbl1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, Jeep Compass Limited, Audi Q8
Month in zero issues

MoparMadness

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Had mine since August 2019 with only 4K miles so far. No issues other than a rock to the windshield. If you don’t lose money on the buyback, keep exchanging them until you get a good one!

Sponsored

TheITGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E, 2021 Toyota Rav4 Limit
Correct. Most people with the issue have posted about going back and forth to the dealership...with them replacing something then within 50 miles or so light back on. Luckily in our case, we dropped it once and it stayed as before they could get it back to us CEL light was back on.

I haven’t seen any actual solutions to it. Hell, one guy had his entire engine replaced and it STILL came back. Most of the time people post “they did XYZ, fingers crossed” then post “Back at the shop”

I also have to believe if FCA knew the fix, once their techs/reps got involved there would be a fix.

I will say, aside from the hassle, the dealership and FCA have actually been awesome to work with. They lemon lawed it proactively before we even had to threaten it. Big props to them on that.
Makes one wonder if its not an ECM issue... :idea:

Commodus

First Name
Buck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hydro Blue Gladiator, BMW X3
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Makes one wonder if its not an ECM issue... :idea:
Looks like this thread is starting to turn into a thread already going with complaints about your vehicle. I get it and if I had a problem I would want to get it out there for all to see but hijacking ever thread to post your complaints is not the way to do it. After awhile all you will have is a forum for bitchin and complaining about your vehicle or dealer. Just my 2 cents

canyonrat

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Gladiator Rubicon, 2005 Jeep TJ RME
No issues on the JT Pentastar. Similar to the JK Pentastar I owned before that. Just a better transmission w the 8 speed.

OP
OP
OneBadHombre

OneBadHombre

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Medical Devices
Looks like this thread is starting to turn into a thread already going with complaints about your vehicle. I get it and if I had a problem I would want to get it out there for all to see but hijacking ever thread to post your complaints is not the way to do it. After awhile all you will have is a forum for bitchin and complaining about your vehicle or dealer. Just my 2 cents
I can appreciate where you are coming from, but I don't agree in regards to this particular thread. The intention of the thread was to somewhat get a feel for how many people have zero issues with their Gladiator Vs how many have a specific problem with no known fix. I wanted to do this because to your point, the handful of negative can skew a perception that isn't accurate. Furthermore, I also didn't bitch or complain about the dealer or FCA, in fact shared my experience with regards to how fantastic they have handled a tough situation.

I've seen one person with the stated issue and the overwhelming majority that love their vehicle. That majority gets drown-out when you only specifically search for complaints/issues.

I appreciate the feedback and it's helpful given I had a decision to make regarding taking a second shot at buying a Gladiator...which I'm going to do.