Sponsored

Zero Issues with Gladiator?

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
My 2021 Willys has been rock solid with no misfre or any other issues.

The traded in 2020 Rubicon I had was another story. Would have the occasional pending but not posting P0304 cylinder #4 misfire code that would give me the ESS not available light. Started to be come more common as time when on. Never left me stranded but I knew there was an underlying issue. Since it never posted as a permanent code for the CEL, my dealership would not do anything about it. I am sure it was a prime candidate for the RH Intake cam replacement TSB when and if it ever finally posted.
Sponsored

Fastwake

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
2020 Sport S 18 K miles not one issue

LiftedrubiconJT

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 rubicon gladiator
Never had misfire issues. Just every other issue. Honestly worse vehicle to date I’ve owned

Casique

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HA Gladiator, 2011 FLHX, 2022 MDX
One year and 4000 issue free miles!

Jwarrenod

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Galdiator
So, quick question...how many Gladiators are out there that have not had any issues with engine misfiring?

There are a ton of people on here that have the issue, nearly zero that have been able to get it fixed and many that ended up in the buy-back/lemon law process. Hell, there's even one that Lemon Law'd due to misfire...got a new one and is having the same issue.

I had read about it, figured "there's a ton out there that perfectly fine, it's just a vocal couple with the issue" Then my parents purchased a Gladiator....sure enough...engine misfire...same process I read about...and ended up Lemon Law.

With this thread I'm just trying to convince myself to give it another shot. For them...and the Gladiator I ordered and am waiting on.
Me

Sponsored

JustinLentz

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Mojave RIP: 20JT 09jk, 03jgc, 97tj, 95yj, 73cj
Occupation
Operations Coordinator
I'm coming up on 20k miles on my 2020 and *knock on wood* I've not had a single issue. Lifted, 37's...

JeepFam

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
His: 2020 Gladiator, 2004 Wrangler X; Hers: 2004 Liberty
Approaching 24K miles on my 2020 Rubicon with no issues yet. Out of caution (mostly concerns over the electronic gadgets that can easily malfunction) I did opt for the Mopar extended warranty recently. After checking around (including a no-reply from the dealer I purchased the truck from) I went with Granger Motors. Very easy and pleasant purchasing experience (if you're going to part with that much $!)

stingrey

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JTR, '15 Range Rover
Occupation
Civil Eng
2020 JTR with 26,000km - no problems.

Had a 2018 JLU for 2 years, 30,000km - only issue was when a rear defroster wire detached but was permanently repaired quickly under warranty. It's a fairly common issue on JK/JL's but not one we need to worry about with a JT.

Armsbearer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave, 2021 JL Willys, 2014 MB GL63 AMG
Occupation
Software Design Engineer
Been daily driving ~9k miles on my 2021 Mojave for over a year. No issues whatsoever.

Sponsored

TRAILJT

First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
2020 JTR with 26,000km - no problems.

Had a 2018 JLU for 2 years, 30,000km - only issue was when a rear defroster wire detached but was permanently repaired quickly under warranty. It's a fairly common issue on JK/JL's but not one we need to worry about with a JT.
Mine just fell off too. It actually is common on JTs too. Dealer had to replace entire rear windshield and re tint my window.

hyperdrive13

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator
So, quick question...how many Gladiators are out there that have not had any issues with engine misfiring?

There are a ton of people on here that have the issue, nearly zero that have been able to get it fixed and many that ended up in the buy-back/lemon law process. Hell, there's even one that Lemon Law'd due to misfire...got a new one and is having the same issue.

I had read about it, figured "there's a ton out there that perfectly fine, it's just a vocal couple with the issue" Then my parents purchased a Gladiator....sure enough...engine misfire...same process I read about...and ended up Lemon Law.

With this thread I'm just trying to convince myself to give it another shot. For them...and the Gladiator I ordered and am waiting on.
Purchased seven months ago. 7800 miles with no issues.

TheLunk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Overland Snazzberry (traded in 2020 Max Tow)
I just traded in my 2020 Sport S Max Tow. Purchased in June, 2019. About 28,500 miles on the clock. Probably a couple thousand towing a 27 foot Jayco JayFlight trailer weighing about 4300 pounds (with a weight distribution hitch).

In that time, the truck was given gas, oil, and one new set of tires when I got an unrepairable gash in one of my stock set... Got about 22MPG on its last tank of gas...

Was happy enough with it to trade into a new Overland last week...

Anecdotal, of course, and YMMV.

-mike-

CoachA

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Teacher

2020 Rubicon, 21,000 miles, no issues except for that which was previously posted; I spend way too much time and money modifying the beast.
Sponsored