4shizzy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Industrial Designer
4Shizzy you're not alone

I didn't have anywhere near as big as your your 1/8" diff in the length of the cross bar vs gate shaft....but the holes for my locking pins only line up in 2 out of 4 places.

It's possible that if I flipped the gates from one side to the other they might line up but I only noticed after I'd mounted mine to the bed and since most of my driving is on the beach and 1 pin on each side seems to be working just fine there was no way I was taking everything apart to find out.

Hope they get it sorted for you soon
Thanks Baemen. Sux to hear you have similar issues but I'll eye out for that problem as well for this new rack. I'll post an update hopefully this week.
Sponsored

bradxn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
@4shizzy Sorry to hear I beat you to getting a rack installed with the Trail Rails since you're the one that made it possible! Seems to me they should have installed the first one for you as a 'thank you' as well as to make sure they might work for the rest of us!

It sounds like ZROADZ is having some QA problems with these racks... They first sent me the original (non-Trail-Rail) rack but it had two left-side bases and no right-side base. In addition, one of the vertical supports had a bit of a gouge in it. Then they mistakenly sent me another original rack rather than just the two new bases. I went to replace the gouged vertical support with one from that kit and found that one of the mounting bolts was welded a bit crooked and one of the receivers for the gate wasn't quite straight. The third vertical support was fine. However, only three of my four pin holes line up.

Even with all that, and the nearly two months it took from placing my order to having all the right parts, I am very happy with this rack. The access doors are really great and I don't think there's anything else on the market that would work as well for what I'm trying to do. I really hope they can fix their QA issues, and I hope they get @4shizzy a good rack soon!

Dorbritz

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Jeep Wrangler, 65 VW Beetle, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Sting Gray.
Really on the fence here. I was trying to hold out for the Maximus 3 overland rack but I don't think I can wait any longer.
My only problem with the rack is that it stops short. I know that its strictly cosmetic but I wish it went all the way to the end of the bed.
How's everyone impression been of the rack?

bradxn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I was waiting for the 'coming soon' rack but finally decided I couldn't wait any longer. I was also certain that it would become available as soon as I ordered the ZROADZ. Nope! Then when my ZROADZ order was delayed, I was certain that at least more details would come out before I took delivery and make me question my decision. Nope!

I really like the look of the 'coming soon' rack, including the curved panels at the top and how it covers nearly the complete bed. But I think the curved panels at the top of the rack don't look as nice once you've added something above it (like a tent or tray). And in my case I appreciate having more of a gap between the rear window and the vertical supports so I can reach in for some things without opening one of the gates on the ZROADZ.

In fact, now that I've had the ZROADZ rack for a while, I can't imagine having a rack without the side gates. I love being able to mount my traction boards and other things were I can get to them easily while also being able to quickly lift a gate to get to things in the bed without needing to crawl in through the tailgate.

One potential issue with the ZROADZ rack is that the top does not seem to be well configured for mounting things like tents or awnings. It appears that the 'coming soon' rack might have a little more flexibility on top, but is likely to still require something between it and whatever you want up there.

I really wanted an awning and I couldn't see any way to mount one directly to the ZROADZ rack so I wound up adding a Front Runner Slimline II tray. I'm very happy I did as it made mounting the awning easy and has given me tons more storage which I have needed on several camping trips already. I think I would've needed to add the tray to the 'coming soon' rack as well because of the curved panels at the top.

So in my case, I'm glad that I stopped waiting. For me, the rack was only part of a larger project and I think that what I have been able to put together with the ZROADZ rack is better overall than what I'd be able to do by waiting for the other one.

Schreconjeep

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 StingGray JTRD, '09 Prius, '15 Odyssey
Was all in on the "Coming Soon" rack. Will even take partial credit for giving them the idea for an integrated canvas cover , but it has been radio silence from them for months and I don't know if it will ever come to market. I also really like the side access of this one. Kinda wish they had a MOLLE panel across the front to keep gear in the bed out of the cab. JCR's bed rack has that as an option, it also has bike mounts for the side, which I'm sure I could fabricate, but are handy.
This is definitely a top 3 rack.

Sponsored

bradxn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Not a headache rack, but it appears that ZROADZ will be releasing a rear gate option for their rack. No info on their website yet, but here are a couple pics from Instagram:

65422915_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.cdninstagram.jpg

69912121_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.cdninstagram.jpg

Schreconjeep

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

bradxn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I don't know about the tonneau, but I have an OVS 270-degree awning and the gate doesn't interfere. However, my awning is mounted to a Front Runner rack which is on top of the ZROADZ, so YMMV...

Jeep Gladiator ZroadZ Rack IMG_0157

Schreconjeep

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't know about the tonneau, but I have an OVS 270-degree awning and the gate doesn't interfere. However, my awning is mounted to a Front Runner rack which is on top of the ZROADZ, so YMMV...

Jeep Gladiator ZroadZ Rack IMG_0157
That's a great set up!! I had been waiting for the Maximus 3 Trifecta rack which was supposed to include a cover but they have been promising it for nearly 8-10 months.

Dav6662

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Ribicon
Vehicle Showcase
I like this rack too. I've searched the inter webs and can't seem to find a weight on this rack. That's a pretty important data point. If it also had one of those swinging doors on the back of the rack, it would be a pretty good solution to bed security too.
Shipping weight said 125 lbs

Sponsored

dsgood78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - North Edition
Has anyone installed one of these? Like many others here, I've been waiting for more details on the Maximus-3 Overland rack, but now that I've noticed this one, I am very intrigued by it as well.

There doesn't seem to be much info about this rack on the webz, so anything an owner could share would be welcome! I'm especially interested in seeing pictures of this rack carrying a tent which the zroadz website is lacking...
I have it! It’s two boxes, 123 lbs and 32 lbs. packaged very well. Goes together rather simply, I don’t care for the way it clamps on the bed. There’s an option for trail rail clamps, if you have that setup USE THOSE.

I’m looking forward to finding a tent and getting that on.

D031ED3D-5F39-4124-BB31-C97B446D3C3C.jpeg

91FB7A28-2E54-45F7-A6B8-73D7ED405DE1.jpeg

E0BE52F3-863C-437C-9B51-1FEAA3755AE7.jpeg

Walter-new jeeper

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Escape, Ocean Blue Wrangler JLUR, Firecracker Red Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I am torn first between a rack system and a topper - and if a rack Zroadz or Rebel Offroad's XPLOR Rack. Both would be good, I do like the swing up side panels to have access to the bed on the side.

zacharyvasquez

First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR
Not a headache rack, but it appears that ZROADZ will be releasing a rear gate option for their rack. No info on their website yet, but here are a couple pics from Instagram:

65422915_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.cdninstagram.jpg

69912121_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.cdninstagram.jpg
Just finished installing mine today.

615E5120-134F-4EDF-AAE7-12AEBC89A78C.jpeg

Wrathis79

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave, 2003 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Aerospace/Defense
Just finished installing mine today.

Jeep Gladiator ZroadZ Rack 615E5120-134F-4EDF-AAE7-12AEBC89A78C
I just installed mine as well. I really wanted to add a Roofnest Sparrow XL, but with the rack sitting down an inch or two below the top of the cab, I don't think it will work. Do any of you have experience installing a hardshell RTT on this rack without having to install another rack on the top of the Zroadz? Any help is appreciated...
Sponsored