Sponsored

First Jeep in 30 years, is this a good deal?

Pioneer7

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Medical Simulation
Hi all,

First post, possibly my first Jeep in almost 30 years (dang...) had a 1989 Jeep Commanche Truck in HS. I need a truck so I am trading in my 2019 Tesla Model 3 Standard Range Plus. I'm looking at a 2023 Mojave. Here's the details...

Mojave base price $50,250 Total price $64,355

My price $61,000 +TTL

I owe $23k on the trade and they are giving me $27,897, I wanted $30k they didn't seem to want to budge.

Financing at 75mo, $1010 per mo, zero down @ 6.94%.

These rates are killing me and for some reason I just feel like I'm not getting all the numbers in my favor or I'm possibly missing out on incentives... Not crazy about my trade value but I get it, Tesla's have gone down in value over the last few months.

Is this actually a decent deal? Thanks!
Sponsored

Mojave Nunzio

First Name
Nunzio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Quality Control Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I'm seeing rates in the 8's in my neck of the woods so I would feel 6.94% is better but until inflation get pushed back down this is going to be the new norm, but anyways welcome to the Family :)

dmwphoto

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Retired
If I understand this correctly you will pay $75750.00 in payments plus your $4897.00 equity = $80647.00 for a $61000.00 +TTL vehicle. I don’t see this as wise.

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Current nationwide rebates are 3k, so them selling you a jeep for 3.5k off sticker is them barely discounting it at all. Depending on your area, you might be able to find a dealer selling off the lot for 8k off MSRP.

Alternatively you can go the retail order route with one of the many dealers on this forum who go 5+% under invoice before rebates. I think the top offer is still 8% under invoice.

Using a 53k gladiator as example (only because I know the msrp and fwp of mine off the top of my head) 8% under invoice minus 3k rebate would be about 9.5k off MSRP. The more expensive the gladiator, the larger that number gets.

ZoMojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTM (sold) '23 WL74
In my opinion, those numbers are not good enough. At that price point, the JTM should be 5K lower than MSRP plus any incentives. As others have stated, you can order a Glad from one of the handful of out-of-state dealers that are mentioned on this forum for way under invoice.

Your trade is your trade and I have no idea what a fair appraisal for a Tesla is. To the dealer, demand for a Tesla also dictates the $$ they will allow. In my area, a used Tesla would sit on a dealer lot for a long time or go to auction as there is very little interest in those vehicles here. In fact, I think I have only seen one.

6.94% interest rate is not bad by today's standards. I can't believe I just said that! :(

Sponsored

OP
OP
Pioneer7

Pioneer7

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Medical Simulation
In my opinion, those numbers are not good enough. At that price point, the JTM should be 5K lower than MSRP plus any incentives. As others have stated, you can order a Glad from one of the handful of out-of-state dealers that are mentioned on this forum for way under invoice.

Your trade is your trade and I have no idea what a fair appraisal for a Tesla is. To the dealer, demand for a Tesla also dictates the $$ they will allow. In my area, a used Tesla would sit on a dealer lot for a long time or go to auction as there is very little interest in those vehicles here. In fact, I think I have only seen one.

6.94% interest rate is not bad by today's standards. I can't believe I just said that! :(
Pretty crazy on the financing!! Sucks... But Thanks for the input everyone.

Debating on negotiating or just going someplace else.

I figured this was too high right now.

Good thing is I'm not desperate to trade the Tesla.

drewcnit

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport S, Bright White
Occupation
IT Geek and Data Nerd
Pretty crazy on the financing!! Sucks... But Thanks for the input everyone.

Debating on negotiating or just going someplace else.

I figured this was too high right now.

Good thing is I'm not desperate to trade the Tesla.
Recommend shopping around highly, feel like those prices are slightly inflated.
Gupton (dealership in TN), which is highly regarded for giving great deals has 11 Mojave's on their site right now. From $51K -$60K. Care for a drive to TN? Might save you $5K.
Even if it's not Gupton, do yourself a favor and shop around more, I feel like that dealership isn't doing you any favors.
Jeep Gladiator First Jeep in 30 years, is this a good deal? 1679229569334

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
People Work?
Rates are going to keep going up for at least another year. I couldn't say why, because someone might misconstrue pointing out bad monetary policies as political, but they'll keep going up.
Rates aside, that's not a super great deal and you could probably get $32,000 or more if you sold the Tesla privately.
When I bought last winter I sold two vehicles privately and pocketed some $7,000 more than my trade offers were.

Barnaby’sdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Stuff
Dump the Tesla off at Carmax. Negotiate for a clean/trade-in free deal to make the deal less confusing to process. You’re pretty much always going to get screwed over somehow when a trade-in is involved.

Look at your other finance term options. Usually the rates are higher at x > 72 months.

Sponsored

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link

jay21mojave

First Name
J. T.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave Gladiator 2013 JKU Sport '09 Patriot
Occupation
Sales Acct Mgr - OEM Wholesale DLR Group
SHOP AROUND ! What interest rate will you own lender provide you? Investigate sell to Carmax and the likes... New sales are slowing due to the rates; i.e. higher payments. See Gupton on multiple sites offering super prices.. Koons outside DC also runs specials on forums too... Use their websites and CHAT; these are all N/C. Good Luck..

WoolyKris

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Engineer
Shop around at more than one dealer. All can be done via email text nowadays…

JeepTaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bright White Willys.
Hi all,

First post, possibly my first Jeep in almost 30 years (dang...) had a 1989 Jeep Commanche Truck in HS. I need a truck so I am trading in my 2019 Tesla Model 3 Standard Range Plus. I'm looking at a 2023 Mojave. Here's the details...

Mojave base price $50,250 Total price $64,355

My price $61,000 +TTL

I owe $23k on the trade and they are giving me $27,897, I wanted $30k they didn't seem to want to budge.

Financing at 75mo, $1010 per mo, zero down @ 6.94%.

These rates are killing me and for some reason I just feel like I'm not getting all the numbers in my favor or I'm possibly missing out on incentives... Not crazy about my trade value but I get it, Tesla's have gone down in value over the last few months.

Is this actually a decent deal? Thanks!
What about selling to carmax instead of trading in? Maybe worth checking what carmax is willing to pay for your tesla.

Consider a credit union for financing (if you can). Many credit unions have incredibly low rates compared to the big banks.

Make sure you know what gladiator you want prior to selling to carmax (assuming they give you more) that way you sell then go purchase your gladiator.

Our local carmax is incredibly busy on the weekends so you may be better off setting up and appointment during the week.

Good luck and cheers!
Sponsored