Sponsored

First Jeep in 30 years, is this a good deal?

56cbr600rr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
So many variables, and hard to say as this is somewhat vague---> "Mojave base price $50,250 Total price $64,355"

Without seeing the buyers order its hard to say.... are they slipping in warranty, GAP, maintenance, etc... what are dealer fees... etc... to get to the $64,355. What is MSRP?
Sponsored

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
yes, Mojaves are probably hot here, but I got about 4k off on mine, and a bit more than I paid for the 2020 Glad I traded in. You have to find the right dealer, the right sales manager, etc.

OP
OP
Pioneer7

Pioneer7

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Medical Simulation
So many variables, and hard to say as this is somewhat vague---> "Mojave base price $50,250 Total price $64,355"

Without seeing the buyers order its hard to say.... are they slipping in warranty, GAP, maintenance, etc... what are dealer fees... etc... to get to the $64,355. What is MSRP?
It actually seems legit. If you build a Gladiator on the website with the same features/options it actually comes out a little higher if I add their $1595 destination charge.

These things are just so overpriced coming from Jeep... I need more discounts!

OP
OP
Pioneer7

Pioneer7

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Medical Simulation
Ok all, thanks so much for the advice! I did, I got my Jeep Mojave!

I talked them down as best I could and I don't think I did too bad, I realize I could have likely got better outside Texas. But here it is...

Leather, LED lighting package, Cold Weather Package, Tow Package.

The original quote was 61k out the door, per my OP. I talked them down to 58k out the door, taxes and all.

I'm happy.

20230320_173239.jpg

20230320_173226.jpg

20230320_173417.jpg

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Sweet!

Sponsored

Glad Jeeper

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Great choice on the Gladiator Mojave... One variable on the trade that the dealer will not disclose to you is the ACV (actual cash value). The $28K is not the actual price they are giving you it is inflated. Lets say your car only books out wholesale price of $26K (probably even less if they have a good manager), the dealer will then take $2K from the price of the Glad. add it to the trade that's how you get the $28K. They are making the money off the trade. Do not let them put any rebates on the trade, use this as down payment if you can. If they use lets say 3k rebate and apply it to the trade then they are not discounting the Glad at all and even lowering the ACV so they make more on the trade. I will never dispute a company making money, that's what they are there to do, but making a "monsterous killing" is not very good.
If you sell the car outright to carmax or carnation or private sell yourself that is the best way. Take your cash after payoff and then you are in a better position to bargain. Shop loans too.

mpsoldier

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
LE
Hi all,

First post, possibly my first Jeep in almost 30 years (dang...) had a 1989 Jeep Commanche Truck in HS. I need a truck so I am trading in my 2019 Tesla Model 3 Standard Range Plus. I'm looking at a 2023 Mojave. Here's the details...

Mojave base price $50,250 Total price $64,355

My price $61,000 +TTL

I owe $23k on the trade and they are giving me $27,897, I wanted $30k they didn't seem to want to budge.

Financing at 75mo, $1010 per mo, zero down @ 6.94%.

These rates are killing me and for some reason I just feel like I'm not getting all the numbers in my favor or I'm possibly missing out on incentives... Not crazy about my trade value but I get it, Tesla's have gone down in value over the last few months.

Is this actually a decent deal? Thanks!
I bought my 2023 Jeep Gladiator Mojave in December. Went in with pre-approved financing from USAA that the dealer could not match, or beat. BUT I used that as a bargaining tool. Out the door my payment with TTL the added service deal and cilajet was $950 a month. (I got $3k for my beat up Nissan Titan that was almost 19 years old).

Rates are not likely to get better, so I'd say just get what will make you happiest and what won't make the payments a struggle. FWIW, I really love my jeep. It is the 1st new jeep I've ever owned. Prior Jeeps were used CJ5 & CJ7.

jimcasada

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport Gladiator
Occupation
retired
Vehicle Showcase
I used to have a 1989 Jeep Commanche also for a while, until my girlfriend totaled it out. Just bought a 2023 Gladiator Sport model. It's very basic, with 6 speed manual trans. Ended up costing $42184 after all taxes & fees. It's a bright yellow color, similar color to my very first car in HS: a 1950 Willies Jeepster.

Jt06

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Ok all, thanks so much for the advice! I did, I got my Jeep Mojave!

I talked them down as best I could and I don't think I did too bad, I realize I could have likely got better outside Texas. But here it is...

Leather, LED lighting package, Cold Weather Package, Tow Package.

The original quote was 61k out the door, per my OP. I talked them down to 58k out the door, taxes and all.

I'm happy.

Jeep Gladiator First Jeep in 30 years, is this a good deal? 20230320_173417

Congrats! There is big difference (at least in my area) between out-the-door price, as it can add 1000s between taxes and other fees. The original post made it seems like those werent included.

Sponsored

ZoMojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTM (sold) '23 WL74
Congratulations! A fine-looking Mojave if I say so myself! I was on the fence when ordering my mine and almost chose Granite Crystal. Went with Bright White to look cleaner in the wintertime.

Enjoy! :like:

JerseyMark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR, 2023 JTM
Nice Mojave, I really like the Granite with the color match top and flares. With those options, 58k is not bad at all. Congrats on the new Jeep!

SIG551-A1

First Name
Stazi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Engineer
After all that you are looking at $1000/mo?! Holy F@$k. That's insane.