Location of speakers

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Can someone tell me where all of the speakers are located? I doubt that any would be in the doors since the doors are removeable. And I know at least 2 would be in the dash and at least 2 would be in the roll bar. And I know that there is a bass speaker in the center behind the back seat. So I just wonder where the rest of them are. Thanks to advise.
Sponsored

Gecko-JKU

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Gecko Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (Gone but not forgotten), 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, 2020 Toyota 4 Runner
With the exception of the sub being behind the rear seats, the rest of the speakers should be in identical positions to the 4 door JL. 4 in the dash, 4 in the speaker bar.

OP
OP
Jake

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Thanks Gecko. I don’t own a Wrangler so I had no idea that Jeep put 4 speakers in the dash and another 4 in the speaker bar/roll bar.

If the rag top version really does have a glass rear window then it sure would have been great to stow it behind the back seat. I was told yesterday by someone from Jeep that a glass rear window for the rag top version would be an option. Unfortunately the bass speaker in the middle would make that impossible. Sure would be nice to get one without that bass speaker for this reason. After all I think that 8 speakers is more than enough sound and the bass may not be needed, may be overkill.

firemedic2714

First Name
Scotty P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JT Rubicon, 19 Genesis G70, 1972 Ford LTD coupe
Occupation
Firefighter / Paramedic
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks Gecko. I don’t own a Wrangler so I had no idea that Jeep put 4 speakers in the dash and another 4 in the speaker bar/roll bar.

If the rag top version really does have a glass rear window then it sure would have been great to stow it behind the back seat. I was told yesterday by someone from Jeep that a glass rear window for the rag top version would be an option. Unfortunately the bass speaker in the middle would make that impossible. Sure would be nice to get one without that bass speaker for this reason. After all I think that 8 speakers is more than enough sound and the bass may not be needed, may be overkill.
Overkill is underrated.

beelzebot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2009 Mini Cooper S Convertible
As someone who paid for the Infinity upgrade in my JK only to have to pull it all out and replace with better components, I will take overkill every time.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jake

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
3D902533-0C10-4133-B78A-BC11FEF95614.png
With the exception of the sub being behind the rear seats, the rest of the speakers should be in identical positions to the 4 door JL. 4 in the dash, 4 in the speaker bar.
Hey Gecko do you by chance have any pictures of the 4 dash speakers and and of the 4 speaker bar speakers? I zoomed in on the speakers from the speaker bar and it looks like one big speaker on each side. And further to the front of the truck and to the side you will see a tiny mesh screen covering up something. At first I thought it possibly could cover up the microphone for the hands free telephone. But there’s another one on the passenger side. So could they be 2 different microphones for the phone system? Or could they be very small tweeter speakers for the stereo system? If these are not phone microphones or tweeter speakers then I just wonder where the other 2 speaker bar speakers are as I can only see just one big speaker on each side of the speaker bar.

And I have not seen any pictures of any of the Gladiator dash speakers. So please post what pictures you may have. Thanks much.

OP
OP
Jake

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
49FC5A77-3374-43A2-9A45-803555AEFB08.jpeg
04B7E7AF-07D1-4D0C-BE1A-3361FEF1FC79.jpeg
FYI I think I may have figured out where 2 of the dash speakers are. Looks like one speaker is just below the steering wheel, bottom left of one of these pictures. And it looks like another one is in the same spot, bottom right of the other picture. Have not seen any good, complete shots of the dash itself. But all I can tell is that there appears to be just one speaker to the far left of the dash top and just one speaker to the far right of the dash top.

For the roll bar speakers I can only clearly see one big speaker on the right and one big speaker on the left of the roll bar. No clue where the other 2 roll bar speakers are. Does anyone have pictures of all 4 roll bar speakers? Love to see them. Thanks

OP
OP
Jake

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
6580F507-6D02-4A25-8741-E8F8CFF12B81.jpeg
236C4B42-C926-4F30-8C8E-69BA7DF86647.jpeg
9CE672D9-05B8-4782-805B-32E45E02DB63.jpeg
Ok I went and checked out some Wranglers and learned that I was right about the location of the 4 front dashboard speakers. There’s 2 big ones on the top of the dash, one to the far left and one to the far right. And the other 2 dashboard speakers are located at knee level, one to far left by the drivers side and the other one to the far right one the front passenger side.

And on the roll bar there is a total of 4 more speakers. There’s one big one on each side and one ittsy bittsy teeny tiny tweeter speaker on each side. I have circled it in one of the pictures. Listened to the stereo and it sounds great.

Bobh62000

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Pastor
This may be a stupid question but, does the 8.4 system have a CD player? It does not look like it from the photos.

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jake

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
A0C4E5C4-FCED-49F0-A973-CE46B62F120F.jpeg
No CD in any of the systems. Gotta do like I plan to do and pull out the factory system and put in an Alpine aftermarket system that does have a built in CD player. Mine will also have navigation which my base Sport will not have.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
A0C4E5C4-FCED-49F0-A973-CE46B62F120F.jpeg
No CD in any of the systems. Gotta do like I plan to do and pull out the factory system and put in an Alpine aftermarket system that does have a built in CD player. Mine will also have navigation which my base Sport will not have.
Saves an add of Sirius option