Sponsored

Update from my dealer!

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
I believe billyjk7 was referring to an JT ordered from the factory for a customer (name on window sticker) as a "sold order". As opposed to ordered by a dealer or allocated by FCA for lot inventory.
Sponsored

pilotpat

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 CJ7 & 2020 Bright White Launch Edition Jeep Gladiator :)
I received an email from the GM at a local dealer in WI. He met with a Jeep rep today and I had given him a few questions about direct orders, picking up a Gladiator at the factory, pricing, and order banks opening. I was given the following information:

Pat,

The factory delivery of a vehicle is not an option at this point. If there will be a customized name plate in the door it isn't anything our Jeep rep is aware of. Sold configurations are built in the customer name and shipped to dealer. Customer orders do not have anything to do with our allocation. Last but not least some orders but very limited will be scheduled. Pricing may be announced next month but it's not uncommon that the first orders are put in without any pricing available. My Rep says they are pushing to have pricing by the time we can place an order. Hope this helps.

Thank you

Just some info to fuel our crazed speculating can’t wait to get one of these mindsets!

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bitchin' Schwinn
What does that mean? I've never actually ordered a vehicle before, only purchased off the lot, so I'm a bit confused by this whole process.
Visit the JLWrangler sister site where there are tons of info regarding factory orders. The long and short, Jeep allows you to configure your exact vehicle, which they will build to spec and deliver to the dealer you order/purchase through. That dealer will set the price for the unit, and this number varies wildly, especially in your part of the country. Wizzard doesn't really have his name in a line, because there is no actual line to get into, but perhaps has begun the contact with his chosen dealer and is saying he will order as soon as the banks open up, probably in the next 3-6 weeks.

The main advantages for you of ordering a vehicle are building it exactly the way you want it (and seeing your name printed on the window sticker) and getting it below invoice pricing, which many dealers are willing to do as they keep the holdback + any fat they can manage off their price for the unit (invoice price is not the price they actually pay) and a factory order is not counted against their allotment, so it doesn't affect their inventory. Easy process, easy money for them.

Finally, you might want to reach out to the Idaho dealers (Petersen's and Dennis Dillon in the Boise area) when prices become available, because no one in N.Cali is going to come anywhere near their prices, and probably won't even go below msrp, whereas the Boise dealers will be 7-8% below invoice.

DMoney

First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mitsubishi Montero Sport w/ 1.5 inch lift.
Occupation
Freight-liner Diesel Technician
Visit the JLWrangler sister site where there are tons of info regarding factory orders. The long and short, Jeep allows you to configure your exact vehicle, which they will build to spec and deliver to the dealer you order/purchase through. That dealer will set the price for the unit, and this number varies wildly, especially in your part of the country. Wizzard doesn't really have his name in a line, because there is no actual line to get into, but perhaps has begun the contact with his chosen dealer and is saying he will order as soon as the banks open up, probably in the next 3-6 weeks.

The main advantages for you of ordering a vehicle are building it exactly the way you want it (and seeing your name printed on the window sticker) and getting it below invoice pricing, which many dealers are willing to do as they keep the holdback + any fat they can manage off their price for the unit (invoice price is not the price they actually pay) and a factory order is not counted against their allotment, so it doesn't affect their inventory. Easy process, easy money for them.

Finally, you might want to reach out to the Idaho dealers (Petersen's and Dennis Dillon in the Boise area) when prices become available, because no one in N.Cali is going to come anywhere near their prices, and probably won't even go below msrp, whereas the Boise dealers will be 7-8% below invoice.
Larry H Miller Dodge Ram Jeep Boise is a good one too. My father got his Ram Truck there 17% under invoice including the rebates. 54k dollar truck for almost 45k dollars.

Sponsored

OP
OP
billyjk7

billyjk7

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler JKU on 40s and Tons
Larry H Miller Dodge Ram Jeep Boise is a good one too. My father got his Ram Truck there 17% under invoice including the rebates. 54k dollar truck for almost 45k dollars.

Unfortunately, pricing structure on the jeeps is different....8% under invoice or 13-

OP
OP
billyjk7

billyjk7

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler JKU on 40s and Tons
Anybody know if its possible to order from one dealer and have it shipped to another factory direct

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bitchin' Schwinn
Anybody know if its possible to order from one dealer and have it shipped to another factory direct
Many will ship, and there are threads (or were) on the JLWrangler forum for reliable shippers, if you want to arrange it yourself. The only issue becomes the paperwork, as many dealers are leery of doing everything via mail/email. But the shipping cost will considerably bite into any savings you may achieve by buying remotely.

DMoney

First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mitsubishi Montero Sport w/ 1.5 inch lift.
Occupation
Freight-liner Diesel Technician
That sounds like 17% under MSRP, not invoice. Still a good deal!
You are correct. I just now called and talked him this morning. He said the net price was 49k. So his truck was around 8% under Invoice. ( I say around because the net price is invoice plus taxes so we know the price below invoice in that range less than the 8.2% that I calculated).

Sponsored

bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
F6C4F586-806F-40C0-B314-E9B615847BC0.png
Not from my dealer but apparently Canadians are getting word of inventory.

bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Update from my dealer.from a credible FCA source.....Pricing and sold orders open Feb 1.....
Any update from his dude? Its Feb 1? Where is my pricing?

K enny

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Maybe he was inundated with calls from others about the Gladiator and did not have time to call you back.

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
Apparently I can trust him and much as Mexican well water! Argh
I wouldn't let this deter me from buying off of him. A little misinformation on pricing release really is no big deal. Like many here he probably heard incorrect information and ran with it as the truth. Ill believe pricing when I see it on Jeep.com or Jay post it here.

As long as the deal is fair in the end and you save a bunch of $$$ in your pocket .
Sponsored