First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
2803215E-B0CB-46D0-85D8-B1AD63BCFCB2.jpeg
056BF3C3-8690-45E4-A956-864AE6D851D0.jpeg
Lrtexasman just posted some pictures showing how high the bed of the truck is. In looking at those pictures it looks like the side rails to the trail rail system are just bolted on to the top sides of the truck. Look closely to the left of the tie down shown and you see what looks like one of these bolts. To me it looks like you could easily get these rails from a Jeep parts department one day and just bolt them onto a Gladiator if you get one without the trail rail system from the factory. You can’t order them from the factory when you get a Sport model. I have no clue what the large rectangular shaped black thing in to the right of the tape measure. Wondering if that may somehow be a part of the trail rail system or if it’s something different.
Sponsored

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
2803215E-B0CB-46D0-85D8-B1AD63BCFCB2.jpeg
056BF3C3-8690-45E4-A956-864AE6D851D0.jpeg
Lrtexasman just posted some pictures showing how high the bed of the truck is. In looking at those pictures it looks like the side rails to the trail rail system are just bolted on to the top sides of the truck. Look closely to the left of the tie down shown and you see what looks like one of these bolts. To me it looks like you could easily get these rails from a Jeep parts department one day and just bolt them onto a Gladiator if you get one without the trail rail system from the factory. You can’t order them from the factory when you get a Sport model. I have no clue what the large rectangular shaped black thing in to the right of the tape measure. Wondering if that may somehow be a part of the trail rail system or if it’s something different.
Its nice they include the rail and tie down system but to me the power outlet is the reason to get this package. I am thinking that would be a harder aftermarket install than the tie downs.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Its nice they include the rail and tie down system but to me the power outlet is the reason to get this package. I am thinking that would be a harder aftermarket install than the tie downs.
Isn't that the bed corner itself, spray lined?

I like the after market plug b/c it won't have to come off the power locks, just straight to power, if I even get one. It's very useful.

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
Isn't that the bed corner itself, spray lined?

I like the after market plug b/c it won't have to come off the power locks, just straight to power, if I even get one. It's very useful.
Not sure I follow. The spray in bed liner is a separate option from the trail management system. I am no electrition and HATE dealing with electrical problem in vehicles, but I don’t follow what you mean by the 115 volt outlet running off the same wiring as the power locks. I find this unlikely but then again as I stated I am not an electrition. My experience is that factory electrical is almost always better than aftermarket.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Not sure I follow. The spray in bed liner is a separate option from the trail management system. I am no electrition and HATE dealing with electrical problem in vehicles, but I don’t follow what you mean by the 115 volt outlet running off the same wiring as the power locks. I find this unlikely but then again as I stated I am not an electrition. My experience is that factory electrical is almost always better than aftermarket.
I think what he meant was if you go factory, it would run straight to battery. If you retrofit on some kind of plug, the aftermarket might draw the power from the power locks on the tailgate?

Personally, I prefer electrical stuff to be factory. Wires are all run, loomed. Its been tested, I don't have to pay somebody, nor screw with it myself. Luckily i'm at a place in my life where I can start paying people to do stuff.

Like this week. Power steering return line on my Grand Caravan totally failed. I have no time to fix it, in my driveway in 0-10 degree Wisconsin weather. So i paid a shop to do it, well worth $185 =)

Sponsored

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
The question was about a big rectangle; the only big rectangle I saw was just the liner. I must have missed it.

Agree factory is normally better and I would want the factory plug for that reason. On my build, sport, you can't get the plug so I am forced to go after market.

Having said that, you have to get power doors and windows to get the plug, somebody said. As a known assumer, I admit assuming that the electronics are linked between door window and bed plug. If so, I don't want, because I assume if one breaks they all go out and further assume my ass off that fixing one means fixing the whole harness. I am sick of tech!

OP
OP
Jake

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
7B717EEA-D9DE-42B4-9B75-F859E699334D.jpeg
The question was about a big rectangle; the only big rectangle I saw was just the liner. I must have missed it.
See the attached picture to see the big rectangular thing. I have circled it in yellow. No clue if this thing is somehow part of the trail rail system or if is something else. Maybe it’s just there so the tailgate will shut against it.

Malarkey21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 1993 BMW 325is, 2016 Triumph Street Twin
7B717EEA-D9DE-42B4-9B75-F859E699334D.jpeg

See the attached picture to see the big rectangular thing. I have circled it in yellow. No clue if this thing is somehow part of the trail rail system or if is something else. Maybe it’s just there so the tailgate will shut against it.
Its part of the bed stamping.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Its part of the bed stamping.
Thank you! That's what I meant. It's covered in the stuff they line the bed with...therefore it is "bedliner" lol

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jake

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
For everyone’s info I emailed the Jeep information group about the trail rail system and weather or not it would be needed for the hard tri-folding tonneau cover that would come from Mopar. To my surprise the guy told me that it would be available on the Sport model as well as on all other trim levels. So I emailed him back and asked him to double check that since their build site does not show that you can order this on the base Sport model. And he just replied back telling me that it will be available on Sport models. Hope that he is correct. Will find out from certain once dealers are allowed to order them. Hope this news makes someone’s day.

IWantAJeepGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
For everyone’s info I emailed the Jeep information group about the trail rail system and weather or not it would be needed for the hard tri-folding tonneau cover that would come from Mopar. To my surprise the guy told me that it would be available on the Sport model as well as on all other trim levels. So I emailed him back and asked him to double check that since their build site does not show that you can order this on the base Sport model. And he just replied back telling me that it will be available on Sport models. Hope that he is correct. Will find out from certain once dealers are allowed to order them. Hope this news makes someone’s day.
There are still some differences between the spec sheet that came out after LA show and their build page unfortunately... I would trust the spec sheet on the forum

OP
OP
Jake

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
6A49A406-A53F-4149-B1F5-875B73656433.jpeg
73C66412-CD3B-4F52-9306-69A3D5FCF2A7.jpeg
For everyone’s info over a week ago I spoke with a guy from Jeep about the trail rail system. I wanted to know if you had to have that in order to get the Mopar hard tri-folding tonneau cover. He really could not get info about things from Mopar. But he did email me telling me that the trail-rail system would be available on all trim levels. So I emailed him back asking him to double check that since their build site does not show that as being available on the base Sport model, that it’s only available on the Sport S, Overland and Rubicon models. So he emailed me back again saying that it would be available on all trim levels. I had some other questions to ask about and he just called me back. Long story short, the way I understand him is that there is a FCA media site that shows some things as being available even though they may not show as available on their build site. He suggested that I wait until a dealership can order and by then they should have things ironed out.

See the 2 screen shots from this media site. As you will see there is no differentiation between Sport and Sport S. It just lists Sport, Overland and Rubicon. But to delve a tad further take a look at the roll up windows for the Sport. It shows that as manual being standard and power windows as being optional. Shows the same thing for the locks.

And for the trail-rail system it just shows it as being optional. So perhaps it will be optional on the base Sport model. I sure hope so.

OP
OP
Jake

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
1C891229-8EB8-4002-8A6D-75C29EBE006C.jpeg
I can’t copy and paste the media site link but here it is in the email I just got from the guy at Jeep. See the one with the features availability guide.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
And for the trail-rail system it just shows it as being optional. So perhaps it will be optional on the base Sport model. I sure hope so.
Hope you can get plug with non power doors on Sport...
Sponsored